Released Formula RaceRoom 2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I think the 'home' key (middle one of those six) cycles through the TV cams, top left (insert) goes back through normal cameras, page up (or is it down) goes to TV cameras. There's also a free cam mode but I can't remember the default toggle.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Rodger, do you know if there is a way to map it from the home key to a button on my wheel?

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Good question, I'm afraid I don't right now as I'm not at the computer, best best is to have a hunt through the secondary controls options.

4. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    i did do that but could not find anything bound to the home key, a bit bizarre i thought, i don't have the best eyesight though

5. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    F1?
    Formula Raceroom 2!

6. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    If it's the cockpit volume you're talking about, the backfires are indeed not very loud on this car, you still can hear them but it's a bit more in the background for several reasons:
    - in a very fast formula car like the FR2, you will more likely "feel" the backfires in your back than "hear" them clearly. The chassis is quite long and the exhausts are located far away from your ears/helmet. What you hear irl in the cockpit is totally different from what you hear in the onboard videos.
    A light openwheel car like Formula Ford would provide louder backfires in exemple, because it's slower and the engine + exhaust are located much closer to your head.
    The FR2 sound balance in R3E is of course a compromise because the car needs to stay immersive and close to what we're used to hear.

My advice would be to increase the backfires volume a bit in the Sounds options, that should do the job.

That said, if a significant number of players request some louder backfires for the FR2, I would gladly increase their volume ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  7. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with you re the backfire sounds. I went to the 2013 Australian GP and the thing that really blew me away was the noise the cars make off throttle. I have watched F1 for 19 years now and have never heard this sound on any of the onboard cameras in that time. There really was a party going on at the rear of the cars when lifting and braking.

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    While I appreciate the realism of the quieter cockpit backfires, I'd certainly prefer them to be louder and angrier :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Nockitsch is back

Nockitsch is back Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    +1 :)

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Chassis damage yes, they can stand quite a beating. But gearbox and engine take light damage pretty quickly, sadly the current hud doesn't inform you about that.

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Please, pump up the jam, pump it up!:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    +2

13. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Really? Did you have a glimpse at the speedometer? Maybe you should try a different FOV regarding better immersion. No offense, just an idea why you could have this impression. 20 secs faster on Spa compared to GT3 is significantly faster and more than lightweight imho.

I like FR2 very much and the 2 MP races I had so far made a lot of fun...although i messed up the 1st one ;)
    Well done and a nice addition 2 R3E

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    If this is how it is irl I'm fine with it, just wanted to hear your part. :)

But now I'm looking forward even more to the low powered counterpart!! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I don't think they should go in 1000 pieces.
    But would be nice if it was possible to lose the wheels and spoilers. (was able to lose the front spoiler after a really nasty hit)

16. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Lucky you are :D
    I did have a massive hit in "L'eau rouge", made 1 or 2 rolls ... didn't damages the car at all :confused:
    Was able to continue the race as it never happen.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Its so stupid that you HAVE to have the Red Bull livery #1 to race the FR2 competition...Since i got the Schaffler livery since pack didnt work to buy and I thought that I just need 1 livery anyway. How hard is it to allow us to race with the livery we want?...

Is that something that will be changed @J-F Chardon ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess it is a bug in the competition-settings. Maybe @Sonat Ozturk or someone else from the Team can have a look at it. There was something similar in the past...

19. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    When I lost the front spoiler it was a head on collision with a wall in 6th gear.. (Just wanted to see what would happen) ;)

@J-F Chardon
    Is there any plans to elaborate the damage model in the future, both visually and more in depth?

20. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I think that an improved visual damage model would encourage the wreckers to do more harm than they already does.