App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Poapi

Poapi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok i just looked which version i was running. Turned out to be 3.9.2. So it could be that the older version is the reason the spots don't come up anymore. I just downloaded 3.10.0 and will try again later if it works. I'll let you know. Thanks

2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    My qualy last lap bug was in 3.10.0...

3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    hey I do still have the spotter working unlike poapi but sometimes it misses the first message and just says still there.
    other then that it has no idea if the pit exit is actually clear and it tells i m way off pace when ive just completed a pit stop.

that is all ive noticed so far but it would be nice if the spotter said 'keep left' and 'keep right' instead of just 'still there'.

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    that spotter thing is a known issue - sometimes another event or message (or noise in the position data) causes the 'car left' message to be delayed, and by the time it can be played it's 'timed out'. I'm not sure if there's a sensible fix for it to be honest but I'll have a think - maybe I'll increase the timeout and see how it sounds in traffic.

The pit exit message... yeah, that's in need of some lovin. It's surprisingly awkward to get right and quite serious when it's wrong.

Keep left / stay left. That's a nice easy one, can do that :)

The pace stuff should check if it's an out lap and not trigger. I'll have a rummage there.

I'm up to me eyeballs in Android at the mo, I know the PC version is falling behind and I do have a version 4 in the works. I'll get to all these reported issues and go back through this thread as I'm doing V4, but it'll be a while. At this stage I don't think there's anything in 3.10.0 which is rendering it unusable, but I do accept that these little problems are annoying and immersion breaking.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    No Crew Chief no AC :)

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Never say never - I'll go back to it when I'm less grumpy :)

8. Poapi

Poapi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It was just the old version. Since 3.10.0 the sports are back :)

9. Dux

Dux New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Too much text. Thanks a lot for it but just too much text. Simple?
    Installation process? [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Read it and use it or don't read it and don't use it. Its not intentionally complicated, or even accidentally complicated. Install speech recogniser, install language pack, enjoy app

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Jim, but in my humble opinion all that text should go into a log file and not on the app. And the log file should only be written if enabled by the user.

I never check/read that text. It looks more like some data logger app that master chief.

It doesn't bother me, really...but just say in :)

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    No argument there Stefan but I think he was referring to the text in the first post here

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. D.Abbenhuis

D.Abbenhuis New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    wow nice app man thanks i use t it and works just fine but pls stop telling me al the time i have blue flags :p

14. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    ^ Drive faster :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I think you can turn them off in the properties ui, but if you can't I'll add it in the next version :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. D.Abbenhuis

D.Abbenhuis New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    haha was just a joke :p but maybe you can add when some one s crashing ore get a penelty i dont know if its already in it but never heard it ore if it is even possible to do that

17. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the AI get penalties as of now, but really hope to see it implemented along with yellow flags one day.

About the blue flags, I still get them on occasion, but better than it was a while back.
    Got them on Buriram when I passed the pits and some cars was leaving the pit still on the pit limiter the other day!.. .:rolleyes:;)

18. Dux

Dux New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply mate.
    Read it applied what you did.
    WORKING.
    Thank you a lot man! Thank you ...
    I got it wrong, installed in reverse order. My bad. I apologize!

19. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

I started tu use voice recognition again, set it to 'always on' for the first time and the interaction gave me an idea. It would be great if the chief responded to my reactions. Example: I ask for my aero after a little crash, the chief tells me my bodywork is ok and I go "really?". At that point it would have been nice he replying "yes really" o something like "yes you fool"... something like that.

I use the sweary messages cause make it feel more realistic, I love it and I though also would be great to have some message after my own "f**k", "sh*t", etc. I don't know, something like "what's the matter?", "take it easy" or the already present "gather your..." ;)

Just an idea.

Cheers

20. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone , new to Raceroom and absolutely love this game. Been playing for about a month and haven't had as much time as I want the holidays are going to make up for lost time. Mr Belowski you have a fantastic crew chief app here. Had it going for about a week and everthing is working great other than the speech recognition. Error messages are similar to what I've seen posted. The speech recognition works on my computer but not when I start up the app. Have a feeling the location is wrong even though I've tried both (en and en-US) down loaded both. I've also downloaded both required programs twice. Any ideas?
    17:23:50.535 : Voice dir full path = C:\Users\Leslie\Desktop\Crew Chief\CrewChiefV3\sounds\voice
    17:23:50.541 : FX dir full path = C:\Users\Leslie\Desktop\Crew Chief\CrewChiefV3\sounds\fx
    17:23:50.542 : driver names full path = C:\Users\Leslie\Desktop\Crew Chief\CrewChiefV3\sounds\driver_names
    17:23:50.543 : Background sound dir full path = C:\Users\Leslie\Desktop\Crew Chief\CrewChiefV3\sounds\background_sounds
    17:23:50.545 : Minimum sound pack version = 41 using sound pack version 41
    17:23:50.674 : Cached 1473 clips
    17:23:50.723 : Attempting to initialise speech recognition for user specified location en-US
    17:23:50.730 : Unable to initialise speech engine with voice recognition pack for location en-US. Check that SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi are installed.
    17:23:50.732 : Exception message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {49428A60-C997-4D0E-9808-9E326C178D58} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    17:23:50.733 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False
    17:23:50.750 : Attempting to initialise speech recognition for user specified location en-US
    17:23:50.752 : Unable to initialise speech engine with voice recognition pack for location en-US. Check that SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi are installed.
    17:23:50.753 : Exception message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {49428A60-C997-4D0E-9808-9E326C178D58} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    17:23:50.754 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False