App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Workshop" wurde erstellt von mr_belowski, 29. Juli 2015.

1. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @mr_belowski, v4 installed and ran perfectly on Windows 10 (D:\CrewChief4). Ran installer, let it start the app, downloaded sounds, auto-restart, downloaded driver names, auto-restart, play!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    The app uses the first 'viewed participant' in the session as the player. This is because of issues in the shared memory where the participants get jumbled up. So yes, its a known issue. I don't think there's much I can do about it but I'll take a look. In the mean time I'll add a warning so people know the app will do this.

3. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    That's not good, I'll sort that today and push an update out

4. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I'm matching the SlotId found in the main object to the SlotId found in AllDrivers object to get the data for the player. I did not see any issues but who knows!

You think that might screw up Jim (like we had discussed in the other thread)?

5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    Given the state of that array and all the crap it contains, I assumed it would screw up at some point. But I do wonder if my 'solution' here is actually worse than the problem.

I'll look at the code today and do some thinking

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    Ooo I found a bug in the shared data that's throwing off the spotter. The provided player velocity data is either incorrect or not relative to the same set of co-ordinates as the world positions. So I use the world positions to calculate the opponent velocities, but if I use the player velocity values directly I get unexpected results. If I calculate the player velocities from the position data instead, like I do for the opponents, it looks much better.

All this means that I can finally stop those incorrect calls at Norisring.

Did some rework on the laptime stuff too, which should finally kill those laptime reporting bugs. I also added the override-default-sounds-location option.

No update on the slot stuff - if you start a session by looking at someone else's car instead of your own, Crew Chief will become confused

• Like Like x 2
  7. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Just great having an installer now and an update check for the sound files!!! Makes it much easier to handle! I donated a beer a while ago - seems it's time for another one :D

8. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    Smooth install on the new version. Chrome was crying about the file though and I had to click something to keep the download.

I'm getting a lot of brake / water / oil temperature high warnings that I wasn't getting in the previous versions now though.

Regarding the spotter, it goes nuts a lot when closed (rolling) qualifying is enabled and you cross the area where the cars start from. I also get a lot of false calls on various tracks but that may be due to a long lasting game bug where players disconnect and their shadow and sound is stuck where they left. I can try and make a list if you think it's something you can fix on your end.

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    The code which gets the baseline engine temps was a bit broken, it'll be fixed in the next update (tomorrow I think). The spotter should be much improved since the last update (4.0.2.0) but clearly it's not right. The (now working) closing speed check *should* be filtering out these ghost cars. Is is doing this with version 4.0.2.0?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Just so you know the update DL and install worke absolutley perfect AWESOME WORK :D

11. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    Not sure yet, I'll give the new version a test later tonight and let you know.

12. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    the icon application has disappeared :D

13. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    by the way no more spotter when you race against your ghost in the leaderboard challenge?

14. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Who is the Crewchief, iow the guy in the desktop icon? ...thanks for the update 'ski!

15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You indicated indirectly some time ago - in the AC thread - that you might port your app to AC. How's it going, project still alive? Since some time there is a caller app that is easy to set up in AC now, it works reliable, but it is rudimentary "car on the left" and "clean" only, and in no way matches your much more comprehensive work here.

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    It's been on the back burner for a while so there's been no progress. It's about 2 week's full time work from the look of it - building a Python UI for the button mapping, creating the UDP data stream in Python, dealing with all the quirks, noise and inaccuracy in the data, testing, getting grumpy, etc.

Finding 2 weeks solid working time isn't easy at the moment :)

Of course, if you AC fans want to kickstarter it, or find some other way to give me lots of money, then consider it done ;)

17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    any chance you can make it when it updates to install to the same location as previous update instead of trying to install to program files each time ..;

brilliant bit of software ..thanks a million

Andi

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    will see what I can do Andy, but with the free version of InstallShield (which is utter utter shit) it's probably not possible

• Like Like x 1
  19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    New version should now be available chaps with some bug fixes. Nothing particularly exciting tho

20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Take the time it needs. ;)