Resolved "Ping 0" issue in multiplayer, invisible cars

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Nov 3, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Nah, those apps are read only and don't contend for locks or anything. They might tie up CPU cycles but that's all

[Edit] I'm going to do a long overdue review of crew chief's CPU usage tomorrow so if I find any nasties I'll post here

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  2. Andre Rajkovic

Andre Rajkovic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Ok great, thanks! Unusual bugs need unusual ways of approaching :) It was just a thought ... but looking at the memory object in my code, well ... ok there might be really nothing that could cause problems.

3. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    So is it possible that some clients/servers might have a faulty NTP configuration?

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    More likely that a single time instant (a millisecond or whatever it is) on the client is fractionally longer or shorter than on the server so their clocks will drift relative to each other

5. ranieri

ranieri New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all, had the same problem yesterday night. We were barely 18/19 on track, Paul Ricar A1 on GTR3 cars, server racingfr online 2, my ping is 45/50, issues were :
    - teleportation of car who seems far and suddenly came on my car then crash accident, it happens two times.
    - on hard breaking before a turn i downshift from 6 to 2, but shift 2 became R then crash

Other person on server with good ping had same problem.

Thx for what you can do, and sorry for my bad english o_O

Ps : i don t use overcloking soft, have AVG TuneUp

6. sarco

sarco Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Did notice that it happened to me 2 times yesterday, and the day before that also, but yesterday alot of lag on many servers..

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Just to sort it out : What about stuff like that ?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i think some issues are from peoples dedicated servers , there are some i have huge issues on / race2 play is one and the gt3 french is another ; so im not sure if its a bug ingame or just a buggy server at that point

Andi

9. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I haves these issues on official raceroom servers.

10. Liongivre

Liongivre New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I’m reviving this topic hoping Sector3 will seriously work on the problem.

I’m part of those with the ping problem where it falls to 0. When that happens, the clock desynchronize itself and I can be quicker by 1 second on one sector or even one lap and never be able to reproduce that same time.

During the starts of session, practice, qualif and race, ping is ok then after about 1minute (sometimes later in the session) the problem appears. Adversaries’ ping falls to 0 and for them I disappear from the track. I stay on the minimap but they don’t see me around them. In these conditions when I get hit, my opponents don’t feel a chock whereas I am violently ejected from the road.

During the fall of the ping to 0 I can also have other problems: engine breaks brutally, engine stops, automatic downshift … in these conditions I cannot play in multiplayer mode anymore. All this makes me think about a problem in the synchronization Client/Server.

I tested with different internet connections and different Providers. I tested with wired and wireless connections and 3g but the problem stays. I eliminated all the possible causes (antivirus or other softwares that could interfere). I uninstalled the game, repaired game files, emptied caches … My average ping is about 50ms. I also optimized the MTU packet but nothing works. I don’t have any solutions. The problem appeared with October update but I still sometimes could race without problems but with December update the problem increased and now 98% of multiplayer races I do cause that problem.

I ask of you to seriously work on the problem especially as I noticed that more and more players, members and non-members of my Team, experience the same problem as me with every update. I don’t want to lose the pleasure of racing in this game but with this problem I can only play solo or hotlap and that’s extremely frustrating. I trust you and stay patient … for now.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. pitchkousn

pitchkousn New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    + 1
    I often have the same concern.

12. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi all
    Like Liongivré i've got the same issues
    On MP (RR servers or others), sometimes, ping from openents is growing up to 600/800 then passed to 0 ... my engine breaks, or engine stops or i'm pushed by others cars ... frustrating !!
    My average ping is about 76 ms
    Hopping you gonna help us soon with this problem.

13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I had a race tonight at spa where the guy in front would disapear at the same spot every lap, the last chicane before the start turning thru it he would flicker and disapear momentarily, my uneducated guess was it was graphic induced lag his end, game graphics set too high sudden frame rate spikes introducing lag. It only happened with him and always at the same 75-100yds of track, just a thought maybe try turning all the ingame graphic to their lowest settings and see what happens.

14. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps ... Gonna try this for you ... But seriously, what interest in playing rrre with low settings ? That's ugly, That sucks too for a "new" game as i can play on ultra settings ac, pcars, gsc in multiplayer mod.
    Sector3 have to optimize his game, especially the network and the way servers & clients communicate, that s all. See how long it takes to start the game ? 2 minutes ... Boring especially as you get an error 503 at the end.
    For me rrre is the best sim, i enjoy playing with (with ia or mp) ... What a funny game when it works well.
    s3, keep going ! push push push on update in order to make the actual content / game on the top.
    Cheers

15. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I see this phenomenon every day in the MP at least half or more of the races in one evening.
    and it always happen when highping user connect from say Can, Aus,... to europe servers, I have not seen this issue when I connect to a US server, but maby they experianced me poping in and out, I haven't heard anyone say anything tho.. ;)

16. D.Abbenhuis

D.Abbenhuis New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    lol i thought it was my internet connection but i see more of you have the same problem almost every race all drivers disappear and if i look on the mini map the out of track circling around sudden engine fails ore gear dont know one of the 2

and all this stuff started happening with the formule patch before that is was maybe 1 out of 10 race s but now its more like 9 oud of the 10

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nicklas Petersson

Nicklas Petersson New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Any progress or update on this issue?

18. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    +1
    i was suffering from the same issues Andre is talking about plus i can't connect to any server very often using a 100mbit connection. No matter official ones or dedicated from the community Andre and me are racing. When trying to connect, the connection simply shuts down getting the message
    'conenction lost'
    No AV running, no tuning-tools running....only a o/c system via the BIOS.
    Edit: here are the logs of todays disconnect

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  19. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Here are the logs of todays 'connection lost' when trying to drive online. It happened while being on the setup-screen

Attached Files:

20. L-Torch

L-Torch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I had this "ping 0" issue in almost every race. I was able to solve it by reverting overclocking in bios to default values. Tried few different races after that and everything is ok.

• Like Like x 1