Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Servers are overloaded or something messed up. I got few errors until I was able to start race. And now for example I cannot Exit from game :D It says me : [Game] Error: Invalid game or menu state
    :D Will see if it will fix after this big boom ends.

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    999 vrp, great price.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Shop won 't take my money, so I can't even buy the track.
    In the meanwhile I can't race either...
    Weird things happening.
    Updated AC and after that it refused to start also...Steam said the update failed. No idea what is wrong there...
    Back to Project Cars for some Green Hell lapping then...

4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Its bc everyone and their mom is overloading the r3e network. it will calm down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I would love it if my mom called and asked if I wanted to do a few laps around Nordschleife tonight

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Mmmmmm music...... very nice

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    So,finally Nordschleife:)very cool Congrats S3 Cheers!

8. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Japan is 4:29 in the morning now
    I cannot sleep in excitement:D
    I am absent from work today:p
    Congratulations on sector 3 success and Thank you very much;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that price was a bit of a mystery until last minute, but it's worth every penny of it!
    I won't say it aloud but I would've been ready to pay more for it ;)

10. LasseJO

LasseJO New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Store is completely dead. Can't buy a thing...:rolleyes:

11. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I am sure a lot would, but this price is good for both the customer and the business.. imo.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    You have to retry until it goes through, I had to refresh four or five times to complete the order.
    Then comes the second test, to succeed in launching the race ;)

13. DaveGX

DaveGX New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah or your Money is gone and you have nothing^^

14. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Wow. What a triumph. Just popped in to give my two cents and it's like playing a new and better sim altogether with all the extra tweaks.
    Loving Nords immensely!
    I don't think S3 need to be told that they have worked some proper magic with this update but here's some thanks for the team.
    What a triumph.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  15. Bottroper

Bottroper Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    just completed two laps on Nordschleife. Think a sick day is in order :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great work!!!!!
    In german:- Ich ziehe meinen Hut vor euch.
    Keep racin

• Like Like x 1
  17. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    The track is great. Can't wait until the kid goes to bed to do some serious laps. Love all the little details.

To tell the whole story, there is something missing probably due the older tech....whether it be lighting, super clean windshield, or just something missing in the "air" that AC has and I miss..a bit more real look. But that's purely graphical. The overall ambience is fantastic . I also LOVE the way carousel feels in this. No longer feels like I just drove over the median.

Oh yeah, the ffb in GT3 is tight! Full control at the limits. Very nice!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Beaware

Beaware Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    MAGNIFIQUE , Good Job Sector3 :) ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Gwylim

Gwylim New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Awesome track/update! Definitely going to be a day or two before I leave the house. Long live Sector3! (and food delivery services)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Chapeau, Sector3, and especially Alex Hummler! You guys did it. Over at AC forums, I just have posted this:

After lapping Black Cat County for almost three hours, I dropped two more hours or so on the Nordschleife. Raceroom got plenty of stuff today: the Nordschleife, the WTCC 2015, the latest physics update for GT3, class regroupings of some cars, new info panel in cockpit, bigger grids, FFB updates, and more.

The Nordschleife is - beyond what I hoped for. Its layout is as realistic as that of Assetto Corsa, but the looks are much, much more detailed. Assetto gives the looks and mood of a track outside season or race weekends, a trackday for the public, an empty perimeter lacking the visitors of major events. Racxroom displays the track environment during a major race event, and so much more "action" and publicity is to be seen. The different visual style of the simulation imo gives it additional superior looks at various times of day. To me, its the new definite word on the Nordschleife: best version there is so far.

I tested how many cars I can run, mind you on some tracks you can now run car fields of up to 99 cars, if your hardware allows. With my specs, and graphics set to high and maximum, I found fields of 60-70 to be the safe maximum for me: smooth, without any jerkiness or stuttering. That is far more than I expected! I tested both flying and standing starts in races, as well as trackday practicing. Tracks were several of the Nordschleife layouts, and Spa Combined. In practice sessions, when cars tickle onto the track and form no huge flocks, I can even run the full maximum of 99 cars. But during races, with tight crowds in the beginning, frames and smoothness get the more into growing danger above 60-70 cars the more cars I have set and the closer to a dense flock of cars in front of me I am. As a rule of thumb: with 5 dozen cars I am safe from anything. A triple Hooray!

The physics of the new WTCC cars feel superior to the former WTCC cars, which I never liked that much. That cloud change now. Being front wheel driven, I especially liked the effect of loosing agility to the side when accelerating, when the front wheels put power on the tarmac they tend to lose movability to make the cars turn, one needs to adapt to that, and it makes for quite a different driving that I am not used to. I like the challenge of this change, but fast I am currently not.

Both AC and RR got updated quite extensively with content and features, on the same day, almost in the same hour. The RR server for some time was smoking and burning, it seems. This day for long time will not be forgotten, only rarely do you get so much new good stuff in one rush for the hobby. Double strike, so to speak. I like that both studios fully delivered on their previous promises.

---

Thanks to Simone and Alex we now have two great versions of the Nordschleife, the old king which will forever be remembered as the first laserscanned version there ever was, and the new king, and if we count modded tracks as well, we should not forget that Snoopy helped to bridge the wait for the first laserscanned track last year, maybe call him the second prince since many saw his track as the best Nordschleife there was (until March 2015 :) ) . Aren't we enjoying pure luxury? I applaude all three guys.

'Nuff said!

• Like Like x 12
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2