Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Do we really need to purchase Nordschleife to enter the competition? image.jpeg

2. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    After couple laps with few different cars I must say that this is absolutely amazing! :cool:
    I am astonished with track and new physics. GTR3 physics update is just fantastic. This track totaly worth every vRP spend for it.
    And YEAH, this is the best Nordschleife made in game so far!
    Well done Sector3 team. And I hope we will see next breathtaking patch soon™. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. AzkarateAsi

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    And how is the performance any FPS issues?

4. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I have not experienced any FPS issue. Game is running smooth and nice. (But I have not tried full 100 cars grid yet :rolleyes:)

5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    My goodness what an update. I took about a 5-10 fps hit with 50 cars , I started at the back of the field. With a couple of Bentleys I might add !!!
    Everything seems to be working other than the HUD/gearshift thing. I've got triple screens and it's nowhere to be found.
    Wish they had sli support . My original settings had visible cars set at 14 , so not really an issue until now. Starting on nordschleife I'm like where are all the cars. Until I start passing some. Lol

I think I'm going to take a serious fps hit if I add more visible cars.

6. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I like how you can drive the parking lot in the tourist version. I know it may sound strange but sometimes it's the little things that sets something apart from the rest. Makes it feel like I'm more in control, less scripted.
    As a whole, nice update, graphically everything is maxed (3440x1440), looks great and super smooth!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Not every competition is free ;) It's been like this as far back as I can remember... and especially with the release of a track as sought after and wanted as this, why would it be free? :p

Not sure what your system specs are, but try bumping it up to the mid 20's, or even mid 30's. While testing, I was getting very solid performance even on a modest gtx 660. Trust me, the extra visible opponents on a track like Nordschleife adds such immersion and is a wonderful thing to experience. If 30 or so visible opponents is a bit much, perhaps go to the graphics settings and turn off opponent cockpits. This should get you a handful of fps back and wont be noticed visually while racing. Or reflection quality, or turn off motion blur, etc.

And for the truly crazy among us... Try out 100 NSU TTS at Nords. It's quite a blast with the AI as they handle that combo pretty well ;)

8. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I have a GT 750M 1GB and can't get 60 fps with my normal settings on the longest 24 Hours layout or, weirdly, the shortest Tourist layout. The VLN layout (which also weirdly is so close to 24 Hours) and Nords layout are fine for me.

9. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I agree. I have never driven the real carousel, but this one feels better than in all other versions I've tried. The same goes for the whole track in fact. It could be I'm a bit biased, because I know the cars and the physics of R3E better than in any other game, but everything feels just right.

And the new FFB feels good, I really like the slip effect and minimum force slider, which as far as I can see made my day and both solved issues and added a lot to the feeling of the cars.

As for the graphical issues, I also kind of agree. I also think it's because of old tech. The track has a lot of issues with flickering textures, which I understand is caused by Z-fighting (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-fighting). This applies to both track elements, and my biggest problem: The cockpit gauges in many cars are flickering because of this. This is an issue which I would think possible to solve, as this isn't an issue in other games featuring tracks of similar size. But with the old graphics engine, it might not be possible.

10. AzkarateAsi

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I said that because I was specting it to be free to try it on my PC before I buy it cause my coumputer is a potatoe and I have to know if it can run it smoothly

11. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    How long should Nords take to load ? I thought it may be a little longer but I have been sitting here for over 10 minutes now and the dots are still scrolling left to right in the corner of the screen with music playing in the background and .... nothing !?

12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not in that case unfortunatey. In Competitions where you can win something, purchased content is normally requiered. In addition to that, here die Details of that Competion.

13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I finally managed to buy the Nordschleife and I have loads of fun righ now. Only tried it with the Audi TT and the Audi R8, and I have to tinker with the FFB to get the right feel.
    The track is MUCH better than the AC version which looks kind of lifeless, but that goes for all AC tracks imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Hey mister bohlken ! Yes you !!!! how long to get to Nords ???? :eek:
    Or you .... mister Fanapryde ! Nords ... how long to get there ???? mine is still loading !!!

I already verified game cache ... should it take a little longer or a helluva lot longer ? :confused:

15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Haven't finally tried it... Yesterday I had to much trouble... It was loaded within 2min, but after and switching in the Menu where you can change setup etc. I've got an connection-lost message.
    Can't test if it is working now as I'm not at home at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    A bit longer than other tracks, just tested again to see: 44"

• Like Like x 1
  17. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Loading Nords takes maybe 1 minute to me. Maybe even less. Its a bit longer than other tracks, but not so much.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys ... I will have to hard reset then and try reboot the game ... don't know why it hung ... I selected 49 AI and just thought it must be a very long long long load process. cheers :)

This was my first boot of the game since update ~ extremely excited to just get out on the track and lay some rubber & kick some dust in the new WTCC cars ! :cool:

19. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Ah yes, forgot to mention, this was solo, track testing...

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    My R3E install is on a SSD and it still takes a long time to load with large grids.

• Agree Agree x 1