Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    How long James ? I waited over 10 minutes and it still was loading so I have rebooted and defragmenting my games drive to see if that can help it load quicker.

2. Pullrod

Pullrod New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just a short feedback: excellent job guys! Thank you!

It´s not only the track, also the surrounding is very nicely done.
    Here and there is still a little bit of work to do (e.g. the Karrussel is way to smooth, .. ) but in general awsome job.

If you (Devs) need some help/infos from real life pn me.

By the way: I have never heart a more realistic sound then in R3E!

• Like Like x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Oouh yeah. Just bought a 10000vRP redeem code and went shopping.
    Wtcc 2015, NOS, some cars here, some tracks there... now 5300vRP left on my account just waiting for a gtr3 pack and GTM2015 ;)

You honestly can't beat the vRP discount when you purchase a code. Spent 31€ instead of 38€ without using redeem code. Nice! :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Not that long. :)

Must be longer than a minute, which I appreciate is a complaint that can be firmly filed in the 'first world problems' folder, but still considerably longer than other tracks. To be expected given the size of the track + larger grids.

Would be good if this game could benefit from being installed on a SSD.

• Like Like x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    When you are going to buy a GTR3-Pack and GTM2015, don't buy them together in one step (If both packs are available at the same time).
    You'll get Discount on packs that contains content you already own. But as those packs would contain some content that is available in both packs (the Car-Models), your price could be miscalculated if you add the packs in one shopping-card.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I have game installed on the external USB 3 drive and with full grid (99 opponents) Nordschleife 24Hrs layout game is load for about 2 min. Video settings is Mid

• Like Like x 1
  7. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    This is definitely something S3S, publisher or whoever should really look into to make pricing system right. It can't be that you can get shafted just by choosing more stuff in your basket at one time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - thats true... at the moment the loading-time is very dependend on the connection to the R3E-Servers and their Reaction-Time. I guess that is the problem that @Blanes might have at the moment. I guess within those 10min the connection was lost somewhere and maybe just for a millisecond...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - thats true and maybe done already... I just remember some complains about that in the past...

10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    WTF? o_O Why is the Nordschleife a own track for itself? The Nordschleife is just a (big) part of the Nürburging (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring)? So now we have the Nürburgring as a GP-Track (499 vRPs) and the Nordschleife (999 vRPs). Please don’t get me wrong but I thought you would update the whole Nürburgring as one track with additional 4 layouts now. … Sorry but I am a little bit disappointed about this current situation. … mh … o_O

nn.png

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  11. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In general I have no Problem with that solution, as the Nordschleife can be used as an independent Track and it makes it more clear in die MP-Menue, which track will be loaded (ATM you only see the location and not the Layout in MP-Server-Overview). But as I haven't looked at the Files on my disc it would be interessting to now if the "old" Nürburgring was updated, as I had some performance-Drops at start-finish-lane and Mercedes-Arena.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Well as far as my experience is, the discount will be calculated new but only in the basket. So on the website you see normal prices but it's discounted correctly in the basket. But I can be wrong, but that's what I remember from my last purchases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Or the other way to look at it is that we got the absolutely HUGE Nordschleife with 4 different layouts for such a cracking price of only 999 vRP and if you add the cost of the Nurburgring at 499 vRP with 3 layouts it is still only a total of 1498 vRP for a ridiculously huge track with a total of 7 layouts.

Green Hell ! :eek: I think most of us expected to pay more so we were happily surprised :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    @Blanes : Please note that the number of cars you chose to be in the session has a noticable effect on loading times. I can't give you any numbers but I guess 100 cars could take a while. Not more than a few minutes though - I guess. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nope, you're absolutely right. It will take the content from one pack that's in the basket (not bought yet) into account when you put another pack with overlapping content into it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Arthur (you do remind me of George K's dad) and I am still waiting patiently - reading the forums - while my hard drive defrags. I copied the whole RRRE directory over to another hard drive then deleted before setting a full Free Space Optimization so that when I copy it back it will be in one contiguous block of data with no deframentation at all. Hopeful that may speed a little.

It is a painful wait as I still have not driven anything since the update and absolutely champing at the bit to get some laps down in Hell ... the greeeeeeennnnn Heeeeeelllllll ! :D

17. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Don't get me wrong, but if you were waiting more than a few minutes it's probably not your harddrive that is the bottleneck here, it's most probably the connection to the servers being very slow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that is likely I realise now as I have always had difficult connections with RRRE - it is why the current always connected requirement is such a thorn in my butt ! Now I just looked and see my drive is going to take at least another couple of hours to fully defragment :eek:

Patience is a Virtue ~ right ? o_O

19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Or a change in certain graphics options. If you chose a different shader quality f.e., that change makes the game load considerably slower, but only the first time after making the change.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I have all my gfx settings at ultra or highest settings ... maybe I should have held on waiting a bit longer ! o_O