Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    • Introduce penalty for drivers that cut the pit exit line.
    I think this should be implemented as part of the cut-track rules in order to stop slower cars from veering across straight onto the racing line when exiting the pits (potentially ruining hot-laps and obstructing faster cars). Sportsmanship and common sense from other drivers would be nice but sadly that's in short supply.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Really need a race length by laps option.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. filip1999

filip1999 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I would like the Real FIA flag blue, green, yellow, red, chekerd n so on of course a Marshall there knows the rulles then he using the flag ;) And a awsome feature would be a safety car then somebody crash especially in the DTM Expirience 2014, DTM Expirience 2013 and in the ADAC Masters 2014

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  4. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yes, flagman must have waving flags animation.
    By the way, i know dev won't work for rain/night racing in this moment, but at lease please make TIME CYCLE working 12 hour for endurance race.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    A few more minor ones ...
    • A re-designed front end. I'm used to the 'wheel' interface now but initially found this confusing and clunky as I'm sure is the case for many 'new' users; it's something which doesn't create a good initial impression. Something more elegant, intuitive and up-to-date aesthetically wouldn't go amiss at all.
    • An option to turn off the adverts on the loading screens for people who have purchased content. I'm a slick interface kinda guy.
    • Improved/fixed support for 21:9 screens without it 'corrupting' on the track/car selection sections.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    A tiny one : Plz use another font color than yellow (on white background, RRE section) at the time/split time table.
    Almost invisible to me....;)

• Agree Agree x 6
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I like the cockpit movement of acceleration and braking, I think it adds to the immersion!
    But I would like it to be tied to the G forces handled in the game, and not to the throttle and brake input as it is now..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I may of missed this, but would it be possible to have an optional box which shows your throttle/brake position? It may already be in the game but I cant find it, I feel its quite helpful when setting brake balances etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    A really small thing, but I would like to see smoke in the mirrors.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Same. I know it's a performance killer but an on/off option would be great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. marlowe007

marlowe007 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    - More info in HUD (tyre temp., speed, split times, flags...)
    - Please SHORTER loading times!!! Can´t wait 2-3 minutes to start a race

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0

Btw: Driving Prototypes at Norisring (with intense cockpit shaking) recently I have to confirm what has been said about cockpit movement : Its indeed a bit strange that the car moves like mad while your view is always centered - has to be other way round actually. I understand that some might not like it (though realistic) but as long as it is adjustable it would make no difference...
    Another point is about race management in general : With dedicated servers and sophisticted racing events (endurance racing) race strategy comes into play = tyre & car management during race, means you have to look after your tyres, engine, brakes a.s.o.
    so the status of your cars depends on your individual way of handling it - not from a "scripted" point of your race (where your tyres suddenly go down), so that drivers who understand to handle their car most effeciently will surely get an advantage.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  13. T_radley

T_radley Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    2 comments/ suggestions for me, + 1 purely cosmetic:
    - cosmetic one concerns race information shown on the screen: If I select it, many pop ups will appear during race (my lap times, lap times of all others cars, penalties, etc...). It's too much for me and really annoying. Lap times of others cars sown on the left of the screen can even hide curves.
    If I don't select it, It's more comfortable for me but Im' not informed if I got penalty.
    To check if I got penalty I must click on pitstop button.
    Wouldn't it be possible to select which information we want to see on the screen; or at least 3 choices (no, mid and full)?

Usual comments:
    Tyre temps
    - I really need tyre temps. I know there are apps for Android tablets that show it. So, this information must be available and could be shown
    - Damages...
    When friends come to test RRE, they like it but 1st comment is always "wha'ts this game with indestructible cars"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    a game that the focus is not crashing therefor why should damage be a priority

ps i want damage its just not as important as other things like a ui that doesn't get in the way. i want the graphics peps to be making cars not damage models and i want the mechanics people to be making the game drive perfect and feel perfect before i want to be able to crash perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I agree, that bit is really annoying ... pray the first corner is not a left-hander :p

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Damage is modeled in R3E, I lost the front bumber to my ADAC 2014 Audi R8 on Tuesday evening. A couple of weeks ago I punted off into a wall which broke the engine of my McLaren, couldn't get it to start again at all.

It all depends on the event your running and the options you choose.

• Like Like x 1
  17. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is, I have also lost a wheel or two against some nasty walls.. :)
    And I also think the dents looks really good.
    They have also added scratched paint after close encounters!

What I miss is a more in depth damage modeling, like overheating, engine blowouts and flat tires!
    And also a more noticeable effect on the handling of the cars after a collision, both player and AI.
    Would keep you more on edge not to wreck your car, and add to the tension of racing! (Would also shuffle the race results a bit more)

But some more particle effects, sparks, smoke and small parts flying would also be welcome in the future!
    Adds to the immersion, and the joy when you see the AI mess up and crash. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Shells and banana peels?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I could picture it, they also need to add sound effect and the Benny hill soundtrack ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Custard pie-battle among Grid Girls !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015