Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. T_radley

T_radley Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I always choose option "damages at max".
    I already noticed or experienced dents or engine failure but never saw cars (ADAC TG14 as well) losing bumper or a wheel.
    So, for me who directly jumped from Rfactor to R3E, it's a good news in term of immersion.

In that case, "simple" improvement could be add of allow user to adjust damages sensibility.
    (including impact on performance)

• Like Like x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I've lost a wheel in the WTCC cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    * I would like the Number Of Opponents to set automatically to the highest number of AI's possible for the chosen class by default, to fill the grids without duplicated cars.

Now I have to go through and count every car and livery to know how many cars I can race.. .

* Mandatory pit stops outside the Experiences!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. taxfree

taxfree Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    upload_2015-3-29_18-39-32.png

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Penalty system and statistics on singleplayer...
    @ R3E Devs. I'm in the middle of the race and in the middle of the battle and suddenly, R3E kicking me off - I'm disqualified! I Dont know for what. In the hit of battle I've missed some statement!
    Please improve the system of communication (onscreen info about penalties particulary).
    And at the end, give us chance to look at (detailed as possible) statistic about finishing race and about ongoing championships. It is so hard to improve? Or if you want to make just a beatiful looking hot lap simulator don't improve anything...
    R3E is at the same point as many racing games. R3E devs, please, don't go in the direction of online hot lap grinder... I gave you my money so would you give me a little satisfaction?
    Is somebody there thinks that my request is right? Or maybe I 'm exaggerating?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    please refraze in a nicer less butt-hurt 10 year old way and maybe youll get a response.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I know this isn't really an important feature, but it might help giving a more solid impression to newcomers.

And that is some nice rock drumming music in the menus, I really liked the music on your old preview videos!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I was racing DTM Experience today and noticed that players have different tyres now (I think it's random).
    - It would be nice if you can see in the session stats which tyres you have.
    -In Addition it would be great if you could see the server preferences (mechanical damage, tyre wear, mandatory pit stops, etc.) in the session stats.
    - I have no Idea which tyres you get in competition mode. Would be nice to see/change that

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Ability to choose between laps and timed races please!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    After 4 or 5 days with this sim, my suggestions:

- like in GTR2, have two sliders for the AI: one for the speed level of the competition, one for the aggressiveness. AI itself already is very good, but could be made even better! I notice that at 90% they already race nice and duel me, but start to slam into my rear with increasing enthusiasm. That enthusiasm of theirs I do not share.

- if dynamic weather is out of question, at least have some preset cosmetic weather conditions selectable: heavy and mild fog, clear, scattered, 2 or 3 levelos of cloudy sky. Recently added like this in AC, worked wonders for immersion and atmosphere although being cosmetic only.

- two or three sliders to easily manipulate contrast, colour saturation, and maybe brightness, like on old TVs. Contrast and saturation is the more too intense, imo, the more you move time of day towards dawning or sunset

- option in championship to decide yourself how many points are given for what ranking in race. I personally for example prefer the old F1 scheme of 10-6-4-3-2-1.

- more options for how the game selects competing car models depending on the car you have chosen for yourself. Or an option to choose AI cars yourself.

- the adaptive AI thing is a good idea, but right now I have boring races, because I qualify as first and then do the race superior, not seeing another car again until I start overlapping them. the AI data collecting should count per lap, not per race, and should have the option to start with the aI starting not at lowest setting", but a setting that you define for it as a starting point, 90% for example. I now stop the adaptive AI racing, it is too time-consuming before it may show usable results. That it gets recomm3ended to delete that adaptive AI excel file when a new game update was released, is not helpful either.

- mouse control for cameras in replays

- short car description and basic numbers in menus, not everybody is an expert knowing their data even when sleeping. I do not even reliably know what cars may be RWD or FWD :D

- - splitting the medium realism level. Right now you only can have both ABS and TC on, or off. AC does it better: allowing eachj of the two either on or off or factory settings. Factory means: you can toggle the system if the real car has it in reality. On means you can toggle it anyway. I prefer to have my cars with ABS, to compensate for hardware deficits. TC I use to use by factory settings.

That's what comes to my mind right now.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  11. Campacci

Campacci Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Some points have already been mentioned. Emphasizing some:

Some more options do AI (agressive slider, etc, like GTR 2 for example); <- I think it should involve a little more work, so it isn't urgent.
    Custom difficulty level for casual or new players that who want to balance the game to your style;
    Maximum number of opponents mentioned in each class (for non duplicated cars on racing);
    Flag system;
    Music in menus! That's simple but immersive;

At the moment RRE is the best Sim that focus on single player experience. I love it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The situational awareness in tight packs leaves to be desired. I often see no car in my "9" back mirror, and when looking left or right, also see just empty space - but there are cars close by, hiding in my blind angles. A marker like in AC (a red arrow rotating around the wheel and pointing at the direction of very close cars) has proven to me the best of the various options (via apps) people can choose from in AC to improve their situational awareness. I think this is especially an important thing in MP. I often have turned into what I considered to be an empty corner, only to gets surprised by a car appearing from nowhere or sudden screetching noise, even spinouts, when both cars made contact. Also, I sometimes get pushed and "contacted" by cars on my 8 and 4 o'clock positions that I cannot see by any means.

A sim played at a PC, always is limited in its ability to replicate the far superior situational awareness you have in reality, from physical sensations, sounds, and eye sight. Such cues as suggested help to compensate for that deficit, to some degree at least. They do not reduce realism, but in a functional way improve it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Agree. A spotter function, even a very simple one like arrows displayed left and right, would help single screen users a lot driving in the pack. Of course with a option to turn it off.

-I know it's no priority atm but the game needs a better HUD. Normal hud is too small for me to read and mini HUD is missing Speed. Also give us options where to display it.
    -LED's in cars cockpits are not nearly bright enough. I just can't see them while looking on the road.
    -Lock the left/right view from cockpit at a default position. At the moment it is attached to the drivers position and if you have your cam all the way forward like me you see nothing when looking to the side. It makes no sense to attach it to the driver as i have to adjust the driver position in game according to my monitor and my real life driving position.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    As it is now, we can move the seat up, down, forward and backwards.

I would also like to have the possibility to move the steering wheel up or down!
    Many times when I find a good seat position, the steering wheel is blocking instruments on the dashboard.. .

And also be able to pitch the camera angle.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i would also like to be able to move the camera when on bonnet cam for thoes of us with small screens

16. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Since the game goes by time and not laps I would like to see a "time left" indicator.

*Edit* I found that there is a time left counter on the position bar but I find that enabling it is a little too busy for me. I use dashmeterpro so I can have as clean as possible cockpit/hud. It would be ideal if dashmeterpro had the option. (I'm not sure how responsive the developer is but i guess i can send them an email as see.)
    So anyway it would be nice to have a position bar toggle with only time and position without any of the stuff in between. (So just Position and Session Time)

I imagine flags are probably a work in progress but checkered and white flag would be nice now, either an actual animated flag waver or an icon or both.

Regarding damage model, I'd love to see the tire damage as well. Not just flats but big blowouts, where the tire shreds and throws chunks all over the track. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  17. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Also hoping the hillclimb stuff still gets some attention in the future. Adding AI and MP with staggered starts and/or ~4 player races. Would also be nice to eventually get more hillclimb tracks from varied locations/scenery that maybe have some dirt sections kind of like the old Pikes Peak.
    I know this isn't for car requests but this beast would be awesome in the game especially considering the achievement and legendary driver;

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I like the time option, but I would like to be able to set which ever time I want for the races.
    Or at least have some more options to choose from.

And now with Custom championships I think it's a bit dull with those grey empty head pictures of my rivals.. .
    It would be cool if you would put all the devs and maybe beta testers faces on all unlicensed series cars.
    It would feel more authentic and real on the grid position board and on the podiums! :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Sparks! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Might be a little far fetched though I really would like to see some Hillclimb Action in Multiplayer. Former Rallye Titels I know had MP (CMR) or a Hotseat Mode at least (RBR- which would be fun for Hillclimb too) - or some community-made solutions.
    But I never saw a Rallye/Hillclimb-Game that provides a realistic Race Mode online but only pseudo-Road Racing the stages alltogether in Ghost Mode - something I actually don`t like for true Rallye Events online.
    Would be great to start Hillclimb online with each participant starting one after the other and having the opportunity to watch each run of my opponents prior to or after my own attempt...