Permaban for crashkids online?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbtm, May 28, 2016.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    I just was driving a nice online race on zolder with the F.4 when suddenly the guy in last position (Patrick Förster) decided to crash everyone who tried to overlap him. That ruined my race and I had to quit.
    How can we deal with scum like him?

P. Förster if you read this: Fuckin stop being a sore loser and let others enjoy their race. If you're in last place just quit if you can't handle it instead of crashing others. Goddamn... what's wrong with you?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Hello, unfortunately at the moment there is no ban system. I would recommend joining a league. If you are in the western area, the ESR league is an amazing group of people with some great talent. You can check out the league and sign up here if you are interested (though i would recommend some lighter language if you join us)

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/esr.1809/

If you are on the other side of the pond, this series is a great competitive series, not for the faint of heart though:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/open-gtr3-endurance-series-2016.5458/

And there are also a plethora of club races you can join on RaceDepartment, running every Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/r3e-racing-club-leagues.15/

• Like Like x 3
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The problem is I don't have time for scheduled races. I play when I have time and that really can be at night or noon or in the evening but always spontaneously.

I just come from a DTM server norisring... 2 guys on rampage... I did not have so many crashkids the last two months combined... Seriously, this game will need a system to ban those guys, as the game gets more popular and with the people there come also more crashkids.
    Joining a league and limit the multiplayer diversity cannot be the solution. And it's not an option for me right now :-(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Ya unless you can schedule a time then you arent going to have much fun racing in public events. This game is still in BETA and the multiplayer functionality is limited still. It'll be a LONG time before they implement a ban function. It is always good to post your opinion on here though, as the developers will see this and take this into consideration.

It may be tough. but scheduling the time and joining up with serious racers is the best way to go. The best sim racing experiences ive ever had have been with the ESR guys, and its every saturday night at 9pm EST. I was the same way, super busy schedule, but I found a way to make the saturday nights work and i never regretted it. its super exciting racing, and always very clean :) I understand if the schedule just doesnt work though

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zinker73

Zinker73 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I was running in the same race,that guy P.Förster was in front of me lap 1, hitting the grass ,i start to overtake he comes back on track to my left side,drives paralel then pushes me off the track on purpose . Next lap same place he hits the grass in front of me bounces off the wall,then drives on grass for some time,parallel to the track,as if he was waiting and then cuts right through my driving line, for me ... crash & engine blown, he could continue driving. No sorry or anything from him, what a friggin loser

Edit: And yes, tonight is a especially sad night for MP races .... about to throw my wheel out the friggin window

• Like Like x 1
  6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    @Zinker73 and @sbtm
    Join us on those drop in event during each week-end.
    While i cannot guarantee no crasher since its not password protected( to maximize attendees), we usually have a solid/clean crowd.

If you are part of ESR group you will see the events on your own time zone in Steam.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  7. DrDetroit

DrDetroit Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I've limited wheel time on MP but I thought you could kick a player manually. That would seem to be a very basic method of dealing with ass hats like that guy.

I just race with the guys at Racedepartment so I haven't run into this issue. They are all clean and far better drivers than I...which is great for noobs like myself whom have a lot to learn.

Anyhow, sorry to hear it SBTM. Some people just love being hated.

Good day,
    DrDetroit

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
  9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Edit, yep, i dislike it too seeing it now :(
    No offence intended, and apologies to Mr Forster and anyone else offended by it.

10. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I think for those of us not having the time to schedule clubs and such, it's always a crap shoot. Fortunately more often then not I have good races here, especially during Europe evening time or any time during US east coast weekend daytime.

I wouldn't be opposed to a system where if lapped cars make contact with other cars they are automatically disqualified. I'm guessing they might do the same or at least frown upon it IRL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe lap cars just turn into ghost cars, that would be nice

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It still baffles me how there isn't any kick/ban options...:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    While a decent idea, I don't really like it as there are lapped cars to deal with in real life, so I'd rather keep them as real cars...or make it an option on dedicated servers maybe public club racing. That would work.

14. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I also want that option , much more than new tracks, cars, packages,liveries etc etc

15. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @sbtm I hear your frustration. I rarely, if ever play MP now for this exact reason. Also I am in a different hemisphere to most of you guys so the time differences for populated races are a bit of a bummer for me.
    Unfortunately some guys think they are 10ft tall and bullet proof when they are online.
    However It is not exclusive to our beloved Raceroom. I have experienced total dickheads like this guy in other Sims as well. Then there are some guys who take it way too seriously, and they can sometimes be just as irritating.
    A penalty system is only a deterrent, It is not a cure.
    Dickheads will be dickheads, they cant help themselves, because their Dickheads !
    The good news is most leagues wont mind if you only race when you can.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I am also pleased for my server when it finally a kick and ban system is for Crash Kids and Looserkids

17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    What makes me so angry is that almost 5 months playing in Multiplayer nothing like this happened.. I was playing project cars before R3E and was glad that I did not have to deal with the huge amount of crashkids of project cars anymore.

So even on the free content servers there were very very few crashkids.. (maybe two in the whole time).. but now for some reason I had to deal with those douchebags again, with more than in the whole 5 months before. That makes me sad.
    I hope there will be a system soon that will sort those guys out, and I really think it's because more people catch interest of R3E and it's just normal that not every new member will be a fair driver. Now the crashers are on the paid content servers too.. WE'RE NOT SAFE ANYMORE :eek:

I'll have another try this evening.. maybe I'll have luck this time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    wow a Dislike on the first post. I must have hurt somebody. :(

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    we are racing tonight at Luguna, why dont you join us?
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-laguna-seca-monday-may-30th-2016.122289/

20. T.L

T.L Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Second time I tried MP in PC I set up my own session, 4 guys joined and one of them decided to start
    crashing into me, even waiting for me at the startgrid just to crash into me. I disconnected server
    and never tried MP in PC again. Now in iRacing I have been online alot, both races but mostly
    online practice with other drivers and NEVER have experienced anything bad other then seeing
    some harsh words thrown at other driver like "you are the worst driver ever" but that is it!
    In conclusion, an online system without any tools to keep trolls in order will of course lead
    to unpleasent events, this is why I am baffled why no devs are looking at what iracing have
    been doing and following the same formula. I wouldnt mind even a harsher system then
    what iRacing is having.

• Disagree Disagree x 2