Released 02-12-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Actually that was fixed a good while ago without any special announcement... One of the few advantages of having an online portal, they can change/fix it in the background without the need to push a patch.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Nice … ehhhhhh o_O … are there new displays inside of some GT3 cars or I am wrong o_O? It looks like that. (Chevy Camaro, Audi R8, …) … and the DOF looks also smoother than before.

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone having issues with slow loading times and menus?mine are slow as all f*%k since the fix rolled out yesterday

4. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    incredible
    Close as before: joinlags, invisible cars (he had 300s ping), shivering/blinking cars in the box

5. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Same here @Marc Copa.First Test after downloading the Patch.GT3 at Zandvoort.
    [​IMG]
    Ping of over 800.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    high ping can be the user not an issue with the game

Andi

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    no, yesterday Norisring DTM 2016 about 10 drivers, all pings arround 300 to 600, uglyyyy

8. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin Of course,but in this case all User's/Driver's was lagging and blinking.The complete Game was suffering on that issue.Pushing the throttle was Lagging of Input.Changing Gears not possible.I don't think it was a bad I-Net connection from my side.

9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Been reasonably trouble free update for me, only issue ive really noticed that is a major ballache is the join lag.

10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    One guy had 1023

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday an race with 7 people.
    We did this in an server with the port 60003 to 60005 for the fact that some Belgium riders have problems in their country with the ports 60000 to 60002.
    The highest ping we had was around 28
    I don't now if this solves the problems but i just wanted to know.

12. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    We have ran several races now after the hotfix and have had no problems or lagging except the old car joining one. Pitstops and refueling worked perfectly. Pings were all very good and included drivers from Canada, Spain, Denmark and the UK.
    Tomorrow night we run our Sunday race so that has a big grid so that will be a real test.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Which patch are you talking about? This hotfix patch, or the big game update in mid November?

If you are only noticing it now after this hotfix, it is probably placebo. The collision physics for the underbody of the cars now function properly (since the mid Nov. update) and have actual collisions, whereas before they didnt work properly. So, taking high kerbs in low cars such as the open wheelers, DTM cars, or prototypes is sure to bottom out your vehicle, and you will either slide atop the kerbing, or lose control since your wheels wont be touching the ground momentarily.

14. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I get the feeling there are quite a few undocumented changes regarding car\tyre\track physics.
    May be wrong, but seem to be feeling a few noticable but subtle changes with car handling n ride.

Fracking placebo init or maybe not!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0

There are definitely tons of changes that are made and I have a feeling you are right and some may go undocumented. Tough for me to keep track of all the changes that get released, since there are always many different things in testing, and sometimes they go through multiple attempts at fixing a particular issue before releasing... and that happens for many issues. And sometimes the notes get lost in the ether of space. Or something like that... :p

I dont believe changes that affect physics or how the cars actually feel goes undocumented though. Usually they are forefront in the changelogs. More trivial things like minor livery adjustments, minor art fixes on tracks, banner adjustments on tracks, and other small issues that would go unnoticed sometimes slip through the patch notes occasionally.

16. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Livery and track graphic changes, baaa, apart from the obvious to me back to front signs ;) I dont really care about, but pre patch i was using a t500, post patch an old csr elite, its kinda scary (not really, im perfectly calm and dont think they are in the shadows) the difference i think im feeling maybe just down to using another wheel and an old one at that making such a difference in how the car i drive feels, hhmmm, altho i have changed the way i set my car up also. IDK, im sure there is definitely aero changes, (setup related maybe?), track grip (lol, sounding more n more like my own ingame changes (car setup)). Whatever it is, at the end of the day i am enjoying my couple of laps a day more now than i have since R07, 12 months ago i never thought for a minute i would be saying that.

Whatever the changes are, yours, theirs, mine, i dont care its working for me and working well and feeling good.

I had beer tonight, can you tell, lol!
    Take care.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Ever since this update, Ive had a rather strange issue. It took me a while to figure out what was happening. It got really noticable in the multiplayer. But is happening in single player as well.
    This is causing my quad core to slow down significantly. Like from 3.2ghz to 1.4ghz. And my gpu by half as well. I ran the game a couple of times today before I connected the dots. I literally have to go into AMD's overdrive program and re-initialize my cpu back to full power. I tried running AC and GTR2 which had no problems at all. I'm not sure I'm comfortable running this game at this time. Afraid it's going to damage my system.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  18. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I've watched some races this year on RB Ring for GT3 and LMP cars. (sorry can't say anything to DTM this year). It was nice to see that as soon a driver hits the curbs the back gets loose immedidately (drifting LMPs are great :cool:). The new curb design should be realistic therefore. Just take a look at the Lambos in my video:

19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    But this happened while on track, right, not just in some menu?
    What happens if you let the "power down" happen and just exit the game, does it remain in the low power state? If not, might there be some kind of preset or scheme connected to RRs exe?

Wouldn't worry about system damage if the power is being reduced (as long as this doesn't also affect cooling fans), it won't damage the CPU to run at half clock. But does the game actually run (smoothly) like that?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    That's true, I'm really struggling with the kerbs now due to the new underbody physics, but this wasn't mentioned in the patch notes...