Released 20-12-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Dec 20, 2017.

1. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
  2. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the server Robert ! We were able to race : thanks to you !

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have not driven the update much, just a few laps at Laguna, to compare with AC. But on those couple of laps, in Audi GT3 and in a second session in a BMW M235i, time and again cars from behind slammed into me, unprovoked, and in general did not act with the ammount of awareness I got used to in the past. Since last physics update, the AI was fighting while beign aware, it now was more fighting with beeing much less aware, it seems. The changes there must have been to the AI, I do not like, its a step backwards, and a quite fundamental detoriation. I want back the AI before this version as of yesterday.

Not many laps, but in those few laps 6 or 7 such collisions? Many took place before the cork screw and on the straight at the pits.

Please, the AI in the GT3 physics update was such a massive advance, dont screw it up this way so unneeded.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Bit tough to judge an update when you only have a handful of laps with them :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    "BMW B6 Alpina - Bop adjustments and fuel use adjustments. Leaderboards entries with this car are wiped."

Painful...

6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I haven't, and said so. Its one very specific detail only that sprang to my eye immediately, several times, and only that I mark.

Usually I am one of the guys defending RR against claims by some critics that "the aI constantl crashes into me, shoots me off, I cannot race RR, its so bad due to its bad AI." And the new AI that came with the GT3 update, i have celebrated.

Its really strange if I start to complain about the AI slamming into me. Some months ago, when everybody was saying the AI was too tough, I said "dont touch it", and when they nevertheless toned it down a bit later on, I said I was not too happy with that decision.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Please can I ask how can you do that?

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    You can't

9. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Don't listen to sbtm, you can do whatever you want and don't you ever forget that!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I think that sbtm meant that you can't revert to the old AI by yourself (and it didn't change since the last update by the way).
    You can't revert to older version of the game :p

11. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Hehe I know I'm just messing around

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    According the change log there has been some changes to the ai (even though these might not affect the likelyhood of being rammed)

• AI - further improvements to make AI more careful around pit-entry, decreasing risk of AI overtaking a pitting car on wrong side of path
    • AI - further improvements of AI side-by-side logic
    • AI - Improved their decision making in changing tyres or not when having to refuel in a non mandatory pitstop race

13. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but that was what I meant, it has nothing to do with ramming. Just calm them down at pit-entry and making them smarter about strategy ;)

14. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    no, BoP seems to work. it's still very fast but now "only" as fast as the AMG ...with still a lot better fuel consumption.
    at least it's not far the best GT3 anymore.
    RUF is also good now - i don't know how the developers and test drivers missed the fuel calculations/consumptions so much...which is so obvious...

15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I was really wondering as you wrote about the ai... to be honest i can‘t imagine that there where any substantial changes made to the AI in such a short time...
    have you tried a race on a track that you have tested after the november-update? Maybe it is laguna seca that isn‘t well optimized or your pace isn‘t comparable to other tracks?! laguna seca needs a while to get used to - at least in my case ^^

16. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon

i have now the server successfully working but the frx17 doesn't exist.

i have a legue running this evening, there will be a fast bug fixig? just to know

17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I just got an update for Raceroom today - maybe there is another one for the dedicated server as well?

18. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    at the moment, no.

19. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
  20. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings: