News 24Hours "BIG THANK YOU" sale - 50% off everything

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    can you add money to your steam wallet or is that what's blocked?

2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Steam cards were never available here.Debit/credit cards are blocked from any foreign shop and paysafe stopped sales so at the moment there is nothing you can do.Possibly try a few things and shoot back late morning tomorrow.

3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Alesi if you want, I can buy 500 vRP and send the code to you so you can get the two tracks.

4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    No need for that.I will try a different card from a small independent bank that should work but that can only happen tomorrow.

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Well if you run close to the deadline, my offer stands. I'm more than happy to do it. Just shoot me a PM

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The 500 vRP code is probably the best way. alesi27 could redeem it immediately and buy the tracks.

Anyway, I own DTM 1992 and 2013, ADAC 2015/2014, Group 5, and WTCC13. What content should I buy on this sale? Do I save more if I buy the Citreon WTCC now and get the full WTCC14 pack in the future?

7. jabroni_619

jabroni_619 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I just bought all the available packs for approx. $130 but every time I try to do a single race I keep getting server content error 20103. I don't have any AV software installed and I've tried disabling windows firewall but it's no help. Any suggestions?

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Hi jabroni, I'm not sure of the answer, sorry, but if you start a thread and in the support forum, you'll probably get an answer fairly quickly :)

9. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    you know very well that if you push the "cars" or "tracks" buttons, all items are 50% off. you and others people can't accept that the normal price of G5 is 3856, can put disagree on my posts but don't change the reality.

this is my situation for G2 pack, regular price 3231
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=472271967

with this discount of 50% for me is cheaper buy GT2 one by one because I don't care of skins, I drive on board and I don't watch replays.

if you want the complete G5 pack with 44 skins, normal discount is the better change you could have, so, hurry up and buy it, it worths all vRP, trust me :)

sorry I can't explain better than this, so for me the debate is over

have a good day

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Would like an official response to the fact that packs are not discounted, is this intentional or a bug?
    I kind of recall packs being 50% off as well during that week long discount you ran.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The fact is 3231vRP is like an artificial price to make it look cheaper.
    The normal price is 1199vRP, did you notice that all prices are ending with 99 after the reduction?
    The Steam price reflect this also, which are the normal prices. (DTM14 = 25,99 not 8318vRP like in the store)
    Its a fact in real live you get reduction is you buy a pack, a six pack beer is cheaper then buying 6 cans separately, there is no label saying sale 29% or so. Its just common sense.

Maybe people are new to the game and have tried the Free Weekend and want to get DTM14 because of the sale.
    Only to notice the whole store is a web with strange prices and the DTM14 is not on sale at all.
    Not newcomer friendly imho.

People can defend it all they want but in the end we need more players and this is not helping imho.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    The current 50% off everything applies to all content in the store including packs. But all packs are already discounted higher than 50%, setting those to 50% off would actually mean less discount. (With the exception of wtcc which is at 49% discount)

The suggestion that the packs should be discounted 50% of their already discounted price is appreciated but that option will be reserved for the rare and special event throughout the year.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
  13. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    hi from colonial Greece,I was very happy to see this morning about the 50% off only to later find out that paysafe is blocked in my country

14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't say sale 49% or whatever discount in the store on the packs, because it's not a sale.
    It's simply showing how much you save on getting the pack, rather than buying all the content in the pack separately.

15. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Its sale otherwise the 50% sale should apply :)
    Saying items are already on sale is just wrong imho.

Anyway I will keep it at this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    You may run your discounts as you please, I'm not here to complain about not getting things for cheaper than it is, but I think you should choose the wording in your marketing events a bit more carefully next time.
    50% discount on everything sounds like you will get half off the price you would normally pay for, guess what, everything...
    50% discount on non bundled content would be a better and more correct term in this case, or something along those lines.
    If I buy a 6 pack of something in the grocery store I expect to get a discount for quantity, but if that store runs a 50% off everything I actually do expect to get 50% off that 6 pack.

For the record, I owned all content except Macau prior to this marketing jippo so I'm not saying this as a butthurt customer who wanted a free ride. On the contrary I'm a club racing organiser who get frustrated when I see potential drivers in my club leave the sim with a sour taste in mouth by what they consider a ripoff...

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Ypomoni file, pali kala pou exoume kai to R3E na ksexniomaste ligo ;)

*Just said to my fellow Greek to be patient and keep racing in R3E.
    Fortunately I already had some vrp left in my account, so got macau, shanghai and one car from wtcc '14 and group5 since i didn't own any from those packs.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  18. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Very sad to hear this! I hope it gets sorted out quickly.. Bloody useless economical systems and moneyhungry politicians :mad:
    Sharing and caring is what we all should do!

@itsmedavetn really nice to see your gesture indeed! I'll follow that example and if any Greece guy/lady needs help send me a PM!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    If I can help someone out, I'm glad to do it.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  20. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I bought some more content this morning. Picked up the Ford GT GT1, Z3, R8 and MP4 in GTR3 class, the Cougar C14/2 and the Audi 90 Quattro. All are excellent and the discount is appreciated, i only paid the equivalent of around £3 for them and i had two skins each with the GTR3 cars as well.

I do however agree with those who find the price model for this game to be off putting for new users. I only recently started buying content and was to be frank bamboozled by the pricing options. To begin with the experience packs are on Steam and at first glance seemed like "no brainers" to buy in the Steam sale at 50% off. So i bought ADAC Masters 2014 and DTM experience 2014 through Steam. Then i found out that i had effectively paid for some content twice and would have got a discount showing such in the Raceroom store if i had only bought one pack from Steam and the other in store. So off to the store i go expecting things to be simple and clear as to what is the best deal for future purchases....

Nop, instead firstly everything is priced in VRP's not in pound sterling. So i have to add things to the basket to see their true cost. When doing so i found the more things i add to my basket the great my VRP multiplier discount became. Ok so maybe that is the cheapest way of buying content???

No think again. If you go to the Raceroom store webpage and buy a VRP bundle you get a bigger discount still, up to 35% if you buy 10,000 VRP's for around £45. So i did that, but on returning to the Raceroom store i now find my VRP multiplier discount on large purchases of muliple items has been disabled and i am paying the list price for everything!

Seriously guys the game is great but the way you put across your prices needs to be clearer and more transparent to the user. Like many people i am always interested in making my money stretch the furthest it can and getting good value for what i spend. It simply isn't clear how to do that in this game at the moment and as such i spent quite a bit of time trying to calculate the real cost of the content i wanted instead of buying it.

If its a 50% off sale then people should be rushing to buy things not questioning the value of your product. So please stop the marketing ploys and make the store prices clear to the end users. You will sell more and players won't feel cheated when they realise they could have saved money by buying content in a different way.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1