News 24Hours "BIG THANK YOU" sale - 50% off everything

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I agree with '6-pack principal' and the 50% off that should have been applied on top of that when you say '50% off on everything' and I also agree with the fact that, although it's just a couple of bucks, it's still the principle that's carried out slightly wrong. When you look at iRacing, a year license is always cheaper than a month license. But when they run a 50% off (or something) sale, that 50% off would be aplied on everything, also the 1 year or 2 year licenses. So in that case a 50% sale would create a sale on top of a discount.

On the other hand, S3S is an awesome bunch and one of the only developers that would react on something like this (others would close topics like this and pull out the banhammer) and I'm sure they will choose their words better next time. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    These are not packs, these are experiences. They were primarily reduced on Steam.

3. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Sure you have a 24 hour sale and don't tell me.
    Now that's just wrong.
    The release timing is kind of unfair for your north American customers.
    Oh well maybe next time.

4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    How so?

5. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    As I perceive it
    the start and end times fall at odd hours to our daily schedule.
    so when you find out about it and get home at the end of your work day it's over.

6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Otherwise it would be at odd hours for the europeans, and they are the biggest player base.
    So I guess that's why they made it this way.

7. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I get that, Sean ask "how so"
    Just my luck I'll wait till the next sale.

8. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. duvel

duvel Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Not impressed s3s. I'm sure my post in your new thread will get downvoted, but I tried to be factual and explain the issues as a newcomer to your sim.

Nothing has changed, but a few very stupid people who bought packs at full price when a supposed 50% sale was meant to be going on, all just got rewarded.

I applaud you doing something, but to me I think I finally understand that this sims model and politics is likely not going to be for me.

Shame, because once I'm in the game and the politics is switched off, i have the least amount of complaints of any sim on the market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Nice one, I missed the free weekend unfortunately (not too unfortunate, I was at Rally Ypres!), so was happy to see this sale - bought the three circuits I was missing so far, the P4/5 (hopefully in anticipation of it being integrated with the GTR2 class at some point in the distant future) and the GTR3 class base cars so I can see the new liveries in their glory.

11. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    where is the fake price?
    in red - total price of all contents of the pack
    in white - price of the pack
    in green - percentage of what I own
    in white - final price of the pack
    in green - total percentage of discount relative to the red price
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    But the real discount is 18% and not 70%.
    The fact you buy a bundle and get a reduced price shouldn't be advertised as such, this is the way bundles work, and thats what he means with "fake" sale, and I agree.
    If I buy a six pack beer it is not advertised as price reduction/sale but its common sense a six pack is cheaper then buying six cans separately.
    That there is box saying the price is reduced, fine, but not a big yellow one giving the perception its on sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    in this meaning the real discount you are talking about is zero, because I've already bought my own 18%. The purpouse of that yellow windows is to inform the customer the percentage of discount relative at all contents of the pack bought one by one

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    And it doesn't say sale or off, it says "-xx% you save xxvrp"

15. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    True but the yellow box is there no matter if there is a sale or package reduction.
    Since -XX% is mostly use to discounted items/sales it gives the perception off a sale.
    If I visit a store and it says -50%, I assume its an item on sale, not that the price of the bundled items together is reduced.
    I am not saying that in theory the -50% isn't correct, because it is.
    But its never used that way, gives the wrong perception.

Just make a smaller blue (or whatever color) box with the bundle reduction and use the bigger yellow boxes for sales only.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I think we can all conclude it is rather complicated! :) I hope that Sector 3/Raceroom can restructure their pricing as well, but then again their will also be complaints..

17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    @rbn is spot on in my opinion. There is a difference between a discount and a sale. These packs are not on sale at all, it's a bulk buy discount.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Another color for the bulk discounted items (packs) would clear up a lot of the problems during sales indeed. Maybe add "best deal!" to still attract attention to the packs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    hmmm but I seem there is any boxes if it's sales only.... :confused:

20. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but last weekend I got to try any/all content this game has to offer, multiplayer, single, whatever. S3S followed up with a 50% off sale that was ambiguously worded and gave some people the wrong impression. Fair enough, people misunderstand each other all the time. I'm perfectly happy that I got Macau at half price and used what I saved to finish off my European tracks collection. Because I enjoyed racing Mid-Ohio, I picked up the USA track pack too.

I presume that I could take advantage of the "apology for misunderstanding" and get a credit for the packs, then use that towards the Group5 pack, or DTM2014, but you know what? I think I'm getting good value from the developers and want to do my bit to help them continue to develop the game further. I'm not going to ask for a refund and will just buy the other content when I can afford to.

I appreciate the free weekend S3S, the discount I did receive and also the efforts made towards those who feel you tried to deceive them. I hope this doesn't discourage you all from doing something like this again. Thank you.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1