A Porsche 911 GT3 lover needs help in R3E

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nedimmb, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In that case it was prior to new updates. It was almost impossible and aukward to drive. I wish if the same guy could give us another review

2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    The Nicki thiim video was released before the Porsche Cup physics update. Suspensions and tires have been improved since.
    It was special but really good to drive when you're used with it. Of course new version is better. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    His father raced in DTM 1992 and Group C at 1991, Kurt Thiim.

That guy who made video, Nicki (sp?) also made video about Project Cars 2 where he said pretty much that physics are total rubbish, but game is lot of fun (also mentioned that Raceroom is much better than PC2, that was 4 hour long stream, but after 2:35 I think was where he shared some opinions of Raceroom too), however he is very much of iRacing fan, so he might not give very unbiased comparision of Raceroom and iRacing, although he did mention that AC had better tires than iRacing.

Also I think that different games just work for different people, senses are different among different people.

Afaik, no youtuber has made proper scientific testing of any sim and how close or far it is when behavior is measured in controlled setting, but then again for most it is more important that game gives proper illusions, many talk about tires and how realistic they are etc. but without any controlled tests done to see what they are talking about, but again different senses and what illusion it gives to person, that really is what counts, not so much of realism.

So for him probably iRacing gives best illusions. With controlled inputs and measuring effects of those from real world race car, it might be that what he thinks is realistic and best, might not actually be one that gets closest.

While I too would like to hear his view of new physics, I also think that it has only limited value in terms of knowing what is real and what is not, only we would get to know what gives him closest sensation of real thing.

Anyway, I have setup my P911 GT3 like this, I might lower front spring rate bit, but it is not quite horrible understeery, but still does not swap ends constantly, TC I have not set up much of yet, just click wheel button to have it someplace I can live with. You probably want to set rear wing to 0, but it is not going to give much more speed, just allows less TC on some turns.
    upload_2019-1-24_18-50-0.png

I really like how it handles, default setup I did not like much, it does not turn much.

My time at Zolder is 1m 30.845s which is #4 place Porsche time on leaderboards 1.134s slower than Justin Madley's time.
    Also I think that there is easily 0.5s for me to gain with practice, could be even up to 1 second on a good day, but most days I'm not that fast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  4. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing that, I'll take a look at how it compares to the setup I'm currently using. Managed to get 1m 30.955 around Zolder last night, so I'm gradually improving! I made a few mistakes on that lap so I think I can get another 0.5s off with some practice and luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Okay guys it's been a bit of a while since I have been active with R3E and on this thread. Last sunday I was trying out @ravey1981 help but it didn't sadly work. After doing more tweaks and testing the car against other rivals on AI skill level 102, I finally got the hangs of the 911 GT3 RSR version. Here is a photo of the setup I used. Thanks for your messages guys. Now I can fight :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'm surprised you have no toe in on the front....generally that would help it to turn in better.

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Out I mean toe out!!

8. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hehe I think you can edit your post in case you made a mistake :D

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I always get mixed up whether negative is in or out lol

10. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    The extreme setup change on dampers looks wrong, I would think there's an upstream problem to end up with that setup, in the physics, in the default setup, or in the driving. :)

11. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to tell you that I prefer an aggressive setup ;)

12. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    hi all, new here, no tuner but had a go because I've fell into the ADAC GT Masters thingy. Enjoy! Let me know if there is anything obvisous to make it better ;O) Porka / Autodrom

Attached Files:

13. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    corrsponding lap vids

14. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I highly recommend choosing a track with long continuous corner to test. In raceroom, I recommend slovakiaring

You can compare the following video in the game

• Like Like x 2
  15. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Dont be afraid to push the porsche, you`ll feel it dig in and bite especially through the slower corners, i try and keep it high revving and pushing as much as possible, sounds obvious, but when you find it and feel it you will know exactly what i mean, its the difference between 1.58 at nurburgring and 1.56, push it, you will feel it bite, dig in and drive you around the corner, try and keep some throttle on at all times, pussy around with it and well, you know, 1.58 all day long.

Use the Porsche characteristics to your advantage, great brakes, late and hard, real late, real hard (just be sure to leave yourself and your opponent enough room, you will fuck that up :) ), get on the throttle fast, use the the lift off oversteer to drag you back when your too deep or pushed too hard, dont be afraid to drop down one more gear than you think you should even if sometimes you shouldnt, rev it and push it ;) Such a fun car to drive a real bitch to get the hang of but when you do its smiles all around.

Anyway my setup if you want it, im far from the fastest driver you`ll meet online but can do some decent times and occasionally put up a good battle, I use it as a base for pretty much every track, little adjustments here n there depending on the track but never really change much, might lower the f arb here n there and up the bump n rebound a touch, can do some ok times too, hock 1.38, nurbs 1.56, nords 7.55, spa 2.18.
    Give it a go, you might just like it :)
    Oh, one last thing, its not 1 and 16, given the options we have i think it looks kind of normal :p

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019