A request from Australasia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean Lander, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I know there are quite a few of us that support this game and I'd love to see Sector 3 give us some recognition with some tracks and of course local Supercars. (I won't call them V8s because that's about to change)

There are so many great tracks in Australia/New Zealand that I think it would do Sector 3 a great service to start showing us they care about us down under.

Europe is pretty well covered once Spa and North Ring (Nordschleife) are released.

If we could get.

Adelaide, Phillip Island, Surfers Paradise, Sandown and Pukekohe for starters I'm sure you'd see a massive increase in people from this region signing on to R3E. We are all desperate to relive the glory days of TOCA3 (Which sold here as V8 Supercars 3)

Please Sector 3. I would do my best to spread the word if this happened.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Aussie Supercar Experience would do very nicely....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    This is not just a request from Australasia, but all around the world I would imagine!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    .....and Barbagallo...nice mod in AC for that..really fun track.
    Waiting for Ford and Volvo V8's too........they are on the list, I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I would hazard a guess that some of the AU/NZ circuits, while being well known to the locals, don't have the required status to warrant building them all, you will probably find only the better known circuits eg; Melbourne GP, Adelaide, Surfers/Gold Coast would rate a mention.
    Personally I would like to see S3S offer modding to the community asap, the fact they're the only Dev team not offering modding out of the top 4 next gen Race-Sims, it could come back to bite them.
    Lets hope I'm waaaaaaaayyy of the mark.

6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Seconded this, I would love to have a Aussie V8 pack with all 5 cars and liveries before the regulations is changed in 2017.

Then, maybe a 90s V8 pack with both Holden and Ford would be great.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I honestly don't think the new rules will ruin v8sc like everyone seems to think. they have taken many precautions to make sure there is not going to be a performance difference and to me what makes v8 supercars better than gt racing is the low down force, big weight, high power policy. they can take a curb and cop a wack unlike gt3 cars and they just produce closer racing without the need for an extra 5 meters of concrete run off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I agree with @shardshunt I doubt V8's will fall over come 2017, they have a good plan for the future even if it isn't purely AU/NZ based.

I'm more pissed that Fox is slowly acquiring the rights to OUR beloved V8's so in the end you will have to pay to watch it :mad:. Even now Murdoch has limited the FTA (Free To Air) broadcasts of F1 to 10 races, he recently purchased a 25% share in the 10 network, so now he sits on the board and calls the shots. It doesn't bode well for the FTA Aussie viewing public I'm afraid :(

9. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    My problem with the 2017 regulations is, they are allowing manufacturers to field coupes as opposed to the current full sized sedans. The regulations used to only allowing cars with 4 doors on the side of the car to appear in the race, now, that line has dropped.

V8 Supercars to me had always been seeing a bunch of full sized sedans with powerful engine and low down forces jumping over curbs or taking a bit of tapping here and there, not a bunch a coupes racing. The idea of potentially having a GTR or Mustang on the grid really breaks my heart.

The new regulations feel like it is getting more and more similar to GT4.

10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the size is not different there is still the same min and max size and weight they are just allowing different body styles (mostly to allow ford to run the mustang)

11. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    we haven't been able to watch it free in nz for over 5 years so i just watch it streaming from america. if they don't want me to see their adds then i won't watch them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Different body styles does change how does the car look on the grid. It used to be full sized sedans and in 2017, it is likely to see them switch to coupes by then. I am not really a fan of coupes in V8 as they are used in many series these days.

13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i don't like small front wheel drive tourers ether but i don't see why they would make a coupe when they have to make it just as large and heavy as the old ones pus coupes have worse aerodynamics. in fact all cars have the same chassis.
    "the aim of gen two is to effectively allow manufactures to bring a new engine configuration to the field." -www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/engine-development-helps-determine-gen2-guidelines

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  14. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    TBH I cant see the Genpoo Stupercars cutting the mustard, we Aussies like our V8 grunt way to much, infact it's as Aussie as a cold one one a 40C day. If you look at the past history of Motor racing in Oz there's been periods where boosted 4s and giant killer 6's won the day here and there, but the main game has always moved back to V8 power plants, it's what we've grown up with all our lives, it's why we go to see em race.
    I will always want to see 2 V8's going head to head, Ford Vs Chev is as close as we will get to Ford V Holden so I'll take it.
    4 bangers & V6's with hairdryers isn't gonna win the V8 addicted Aussie crowd over one bit, it'll fail before the 1st race ends.

15. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    We are very much the same down here. We have our own v8supertourers. this year they will have Holdens, Fords and Toyotas all with the big v8's. I don't mind v6 turbos myself and the inline fours in the Japanese super gt cars are pretty crazy.

if Toyota joins v8sc with a v6 ill support them any day.

16. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I hear ya, I don't mind supporting motorsport in any fashion, but when a group of money orientated businessmen take control of our Iconic series and turn it into a parity circus for there own financial gain, Ive become a bit negative.

I'm 54 and I have followed V8's right from the start, and sadly, even though the racing has become more intense and closer than it's ever been, it's all about the money, Ive seen V8's go from affordable to bloody outrageous.
    I don't watch the races religiously like I used to, it's no longer exiting because you know who will be at the pointy end 90% of the time, Redbull dominated for years via Whincup, didn't that piss the ford fans off lol. Now it's Prodrive and Frosty, it sucks.
    If parity was never imposed on the sport these scenarios would never have happened in my mind, parity killed the true competition between Ford and Holden, each car had it's area that it was superior over it's opponent, but Cochrane and his cronies saw parity as a way to garner more bums in seats, which we all know means profits in pockets.

I could flap my gums about V8's past, present and future all day, but my opinion is just that, an opinion. It's not going to change the direction of the sport, it's just sad that the iconic series that is unique to AU/NZ is being exploited and taken away from it's roots the ATCC, which is what inspired most of today's drivers to go racing.

Brocky would be turning in his grave if he knew what they were doing to V8's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    My problem with that is, using coupes in V8SC will change the appearance of the series. As a foreigner who stayed in Australia for 5 years, V8SC had always been a series with race prepped full sized sedans racing, not coupe racing like GT4. Changing the cars to coupe exterior felt it is changing the iconic appearance of V8SC where the series had been using full sized sedans since 90s. No doubt everything under the hood will be the same as before as V8SC has it's own chassis with fibber glass exterior pieces bolted on it.

It is like seeing suddenly FIA GT3 decided to dump performance coupes and change to mid sized sedans that is similar to WTCC. It just doesnt feel right even though everything under the hood will be the same because it is no longer the same iconic GT racing anymore with sedans.

At the end, I just want to see the current 5 cars in R3E before the regulation changed to allow coupes. At least there is a game to archive the last sedan designs of V8SC.

18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    GT3 cars are actually becoming Grand Touring Cars, which I'm fine with. There'll still be Sportscars like the Porsche and Ferrari too. Ironically, you've got BMW thinking "our new car must be bigger and heavier" and Mercedes thinking "our new car must be smaller and lighter".

19. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I Believe there's a mod team for Assetto Corsa currently putting a V8SC mod together, Ive also heard that someone built a V8SC mod for Game Stock Car Extreme, I'll try to locate some links and post here asap.
    I'm guessing you have both games ;)

20. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I am aware of V8SC mods in AC and GSCE. AC currently has one but they are fairly lackluster. The GSCE one is really good but the game's developer is only making one car with the other 4 is being made by the modders that they seemed like they dont even know when will it be finished. Despite Reiza did most of the core development for that car. pCARS has one licensed with possibly the Almera but I dont know when will I get them.

I rather see V8SC added to R3E officially than wait for those games because I think R3E's engine does touring cars really well compared to it's competitors. I got into R3E because I love R3E's DTM and WTCC, then, stayed on for more.