ADAC GT Masters Esports Championship - Online Season

Discussion in 'Tuning World Bodensee 2019' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Feb 7, 2019.

1. beginners

beginners New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The server 2 race was a joke....pass and block in qualif session, idle at starts, intentional braking in throttle point to crash the guy behind, intentionnal ramming,....do u really want everybody to leave your events or is it just a destruction derby challenge?

• Like Like x 1
  2. RACE ROOM V

RACE ROOM V Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    R3E Competitions has become something thats not in the best interests of SimRacing Leagues because our League communities come to a stand still because their "Esports Events" that are in conflict with Leagues who are doing a great job promoting content and hosting events with drivers who grow in this sport and providing a home for new drivers to learn about this sport. Now we have drivers who spend all day Hotlapping to get to enter a competition but totally destroys a racing event because of not knowing how to RACE! Too much focus has been put on Hot lap competitions which has become a farse in its own right and i can see the numbers of drivers ACTUALLY RACING ON SERVERS is dying because of a conflicting structure in ESPORTS HOTLAPS! We used to have full servers and had people on the reserve list to get into a championship! Now thats all dead! When you run R3E the first place you should go to is see if their is a competition you need to enter :confused:

3. Suione/Remo[GER]

Suione/Remo[GER] New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow you seemed to be raged up a bit. I agree in some points:
    • Number of raceroomcompetitions has been raised.
    • The races in the competitions are often driven by some hotlappers, which sometimes are tryharding in races. In most cases I would say there are just some mistakes, which can happen (like a late brakingpoint). In lower divisions more than in higher ones.
    I do not really agree on the conclusions you make:
    • In Simracingleagues its all about communities. The number of RR communities has raised as well, as well as the attention to some other sims. So there are a plenty of reasons why some of them are loosing members. Simracing in general gets more and more attention.
    • As Robert just mentioned: People really don't use their opportunity to report someone. This is something I also notice in League racing. I think its just because people are lazy. But in my opinion this is something that can and should be used. Also to increase the quality of the drivers racing. Thanks to the stewards for the work btw.
    I am enjoying the competition. I had nice and really fair fights. Mistakes from my side with a nice fight back on server 1 on the red bull ring, got hit by someone on Server 2 at Oschersleben but was let pass after, which was nice. Always looking for challenges and I like this one until now. See you in the next races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lukas.buron

lukas.buron Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    When you talk about hot lapping, here is one from the Nürburgring :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. RACE ROOM V

RACE ROOM V Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    R3E Should be investing in communities that spend money and time creating Sim Racing Leagues, websites that promote content, Real Race Rooms that have 8 Simulators(which i have sold the hardware too) installed that Promote (once again) R3E which increases their sales and builds their platform! I know what i am talking about i have a long good relationship with some serious partners in this industry, but what I am saying its 2019 now and i am seeing a major decline in the best platform available(R3E in my opinion). 1 Lap wonders is not Racing at all!

6. RACE ROOM V

RACE ROOM V Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    FYI there are many old school Simracers out there that do not sit in their cockpits and race themselves all day long and a ghost for a hotlap competition, they train with others on track and learn from watching in live time with sector times where the other driver is making up time. I used the Motec Pro software to check telemetry and this is what makes simracing for professionals awesome! For a long time i have been just soaking up this new way of doing things and i feel we have lost a lot of good Simracers because of not having a platform thats got the right tools and where we can promote our investors and sponsors

7. Suione/Remo[GER]

Suione/Remo[GER] New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lukas is still making the salty ones saltier xDD But I have to say I am out of the discussion here as well.
    Don't understand me wrong. You might have some good points, but this is something for somewhere else. I am here to enjoy what I can enjoy, not to make me and others mad about it.

8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller RaceRoom Events Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +914 / 0
    I can only repeat myself, if there are accidents, please send a report. That is why we have the system.
    If you can complain here in the forums and then don't send a report, nothing will improve.

About the leaderboard system, this is something that is very deep in the DNA of RaceRoom. Of course, I know that there are other platforms that work in different ways like iRacing, or a lot of communities throughout all platforms. I think there's not a right way, everyone has different preferences. But this is our way. If you accept this general idea too, let's work together, and also use the tools in this league such as the reports, to make it a better one!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. robertallinson

robertallinson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, but he's talking about the eSports WTCC which used the leaderboard division system back in 2017.

10. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I agree with you, Robert. However, putting the exclusion from the championship at 5 strikes is really too much! A driver who takes 3 strikes in 2 races should no longer be part of the start list on any server. For the moment 3 races for my part with 2 in div 1 and 1 in div 2 none of the 3 races has been correct at least one collision on each of the races without me being responsible. It's really regrettable, especially since it might not allow me to qualify for the final event. I think that the postponements are very useful at first, but that we also need to reduce the number of strikes before exclusion from the championship. To go from 5 to 3 would be much better in my opinion. A driver after 2 races finds himself with 70 penalty points and can still participate in the following races it is not normal I think.
    In any case, don't stop these vents because it's still quite a pleasure to be able to compete with drivers from all over the world!

Sincerely

Yann

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    Just to lighten the mood a bit, here is my hotlap on the Nürburgring :)

Enjoy ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. lukas.buron

lukas.buron Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Onboard highlights from race on Red Bull Ring - Server 2

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +914 / 0
    Incidents and penalties have been posted here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ts-incidents-and-penalties.12834/#post-173416

Unfortunately, we had to suspend 2 drivers for a race. I think none of the incidents were caused out of malice, but just by carelessness and lack of attention, and lack of reading the rules. Everyone, please read the rules, and have full focus for the remaining races - then we can make this a fun league again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +914 / 0
    Upload of official results delayed until Sunday because of small technical issue.

15. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    Here is onboard highlights of my race on Server 3 at Red Bull Ring :)

You can have a good onboard footage of the famous big one on Server 3 with this video

Enjoy ;)

16. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Are there only like 15 drivers on server 4 this week?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Niklas

Niklas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the rulebook, it only says caution under yellow flag. Does that mean that overtaking under yellow flag is allowed?

18. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    If nobody can confirm by tomorrow just look at the server info before you join the server. If "flag rules" is set to "visual only" you can overtake and i doubt race control would overrule that. If its set to "full" (or something similar) overtaking under yellow is not allowed. Youd then have to give back the position in a certain amount of time

19. Niklas

Niklas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanx

20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +914 / 0
    Sounds stupid, but you are allowed to pass under yellow flags. The automatic penalty system is not quite there yet and unfortunately penalizes you too often when there are spun cars. However you have to be very careful under yellows.

• Informative Informative x 1