Aggressive AI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by squints87, Jun 24, 2017.

1. squints87

squints87 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hi all

i recently downloaded raceroom,
    the game sounds and feels spectacular, the car lists and track lists are equally impressive, buuut the AI are very aggressive, i have tried adaptive and just setting a number but they are either way too slow or they are very quick. i am struggling too complete a lap without them ramming me from behind or muscling me off the track. its almost like they just race their line and have no idea im even in front of them.

i also find there braking into corners is also very weird, some corners they are fast but some they brake really early and i always end running up the back of them.

is this a know problem with the AI or do people think they are fine?

cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    No, its not fine....but R3E is working on that, allready the AI are much better than some time ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Nope, everything you wrote is a common opinion here. It will take you some time to find your AI comfort zone, even with adaptive AI. And even then you'll have some problems with them, but I'm sure that not as much. Overtime you'll learn how to behave with them. They tend to break harder than the user into very slow turns.

For starters use Crew Chief, an invaluable app that gives you warnings about cars on your sides, and other info.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...chief-version-4-auto-updating-and-shiny.2516/

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. squints87

squints87 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yeah sweet. if they adjust the AI i think this will be my favorite sim.

5. squints87

squints87 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i found the adaptive AI are too slow, i am usually about 15 seconds faster in qualifying.

oh sweet ill check out that link now, cheers

6. Squanchy

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, but do we have any proof they are working on it? The AI are better than in the past, but their awarness as far as I can tell is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Squanchy

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Here's your proof, living and breathing. :D
    Ok, it's just me, disappointing I know. But take my word that the work on the AI is ongoing.
    And the whispers in the dark tell me there should be some very pleasant improvements in the future. Sadly they refuse to tell me when those will arrive, but certainly not very, very soon, so don't hold your breath. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I'm the most reliable tester and Christian is telling the truth, honestly....

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You mean old man. Don't play your dirty mind games with our innocent forum. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Squanchy

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    That's great news guys, I'm happy to hear.

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The most annoying issue with the AI as far I'm concerned. Been moaning about this one for a long time.

13. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Just a naive question, is "not very, very soon" shorter or longer than infinity? :oops: :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not very, very soon means something between next week (definitely not) and next year (hopefully before that).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Beings as how I'll be 60 next month. Will this happen in my life time?:rolleyes:
    just kidding, I actually like and enjoy racing the ai. It took some practice but was well worth it. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. squints87

squints87 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i put it on adaptive now and its within a second from first too last now so speed is good,
    but their race management is poor lol, i did a 25 lap race at bathurst and literally the entire grid pulled into pit lane on the last corner on the last lap lol i went from 12th too finishing 2nd in 100m.

fix their awareness, aggression, and race management and they will be the best in any sim ive played

17. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    So you're saying they drive like me? :D

I agree the AI still need work, and probably always will, but I still find them the best in any racing game - although the new Assetto Corsa is getting close!

18. squints87

squints87 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

yeah i found my AI sweet spot, i took it off adaptive and put it on 105. the AI on regular tracks are fine but i only really drive bathurst until i can buy more tracks then there not so fine, they just need to adjust when they choose to overtake, they will just muscle their way through going down the esses and 9/10 times im in the wall lol

but i still think the AI are far better than any other sim, im usually out of sight before the first lap

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Note that the adaptation system will still work in the background and gather data even if you use a fixed AI strength.
    So after having done enough races you can switch back to adaptive and you should have an AI that's very closely matched around your performance.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    you have to actually finish the races in order for the AI to adapt to your pace

• Informative Informative x 1