AI Behavior

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frost, Sep 16, 2019.

1. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I did three separate races today, and had issues that cropped up in all of them. I'm not sure if S3E is reviewing these comments. If they already know this stuff, please let me know. I'm not bitching - just trying to supply details to hopefully make the game better.
    1) First was within my championship (Porsche GT3cup, WTCC19 (my car), and Audi TT. 99% AI). I was at Shanghai, and I got nailed really hard a three of times from behind going into turn 14 (enough to push me well into the gravel trap and spin out). I don't believe I was braking to soon, but they drove into me pretty hard. I wouldn't have mentioned this, but then I had other incidents later on today (see below).
    There was also 8-9 spins (mostly by the Porsches) in Turn 3.
    2) Second was a mixed race at Road America, which had GT3 cars and WTCC19. Twice I got absolutely destroyed from behind by GT3 cars at the end of the main straight. I was in the race line, and got hit like I wasn't even there.
    I also found that when racing up the main straight, the GT3 cars didn't really seem to know what to do when I was in the race line. Most times they'd come flying up - then brake - stay behind me for a second or two - then try to pass, rather then shift their line to the other side of the track as they approached, and just pass me. If I moved out of the race line before they got to me, they'd just drive by without any issues.
    I also found that all the AI seems extremely slow going through turn 5.
    3) The last incident was within again in my championship, and I was at Silverstone. I was again in the racing line at Maggots, and was driven into from behind at full speed by a Porsche like I didn't exist.
    I also had several times when the Audi's just drove into me. Not enough to wreck me, but enough to do damage. I felt like I was invisible to the other cars.

Any one of these things, I'd have just ignored, but with three separate tracks and getting run into so much, I thought I'd mention it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  2. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I want to take time to publicly eat a bit of crow. Earlier on I was very disappointed with the AI. And I said so openly. I've been racing on different tracks lately, and have discovered that the AI behave better on tracks that I hadn't driven on in a while. Imola was a lot of fun with the AI. I will say they are pretty slow (AAI), as I haven't played this game much at all for about three years. But I had some great close lengthy battles with a few cars.
    Had a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Another thing to remember, is that the aai file keeps track of your lap times whether your using the set ai or the aai.
    I've been playing RRE for several years now and am fairly consistent with my lap times and pretty much know my ai settings.
    So I do single races with one car for a while against the set ai to dial them in, then set up a championship with the aai. And the racing is usually pretty tight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Scratch that.
    The GT3 times are still roughly okay, at least not different enough to warrant a re-seed.
    The GT4s are much slower though. I'd probably start over with those.

5. Jason Schofield

Jason Schofield New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Holy smokes! You weren't kidding. I just did a race GT3 w/ 24 grid at Imola and the AI was a disaster. I'm trying to train my AAI but they were just stopping and spinning all over the place. One guy spun and then I was trying to get around him and he just smashes right into me. Another guy punted me in qualie. I thought I was in an open server for a minute.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Deleted