Problem Ai feedback

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nico Kunze, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I did some AI tests on different levels and i saw that level 80 (and probably some other lower levels) are a bit problematic. I mainly tested levels 80, 100 and 120.
    See, cars on higher levels (100 and above) usually are 1 second faster in qualy than in practice and about 1 second slower in race than in practice.
    On level 80 however the cars are about 10(!) seconds slower in race than compared to their practice time. That seems to be very wrong.
    Combos i tested were Mazda Dpi on Road America, DTM2020 on Assen GP and Mercedes AMG GT3 2020 on Hockenheim GP.

I will probably test lv 90 soon to see how many levels are problematic and will report back :)

EDIT: Tested DTM20 lv 90 on Assen GP and the fastest laps in race session are 2 seconds slower than practice which I'd say is fine.
    So Lv 90 downwards seems to need fixes.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Dtm 2020 at brands hatch gp is a bit slow. Had 16 ai run a 15 minute quali session at 120 strength and pole position was still a second off the leaderboard p1

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Adding onto the turn 1 problems for the ai at chang, now that i found some time in the setup the dtm 2020 ai are overall too slow at chang (in a race anyways). Started in p10 and was p1 after 5 laps at 120 strength. They were able to keep up and even repass after that for a bit but once we hit the gt3 traffic they fell behind and never really got closer again

4. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Do the AI actually follow the racing line? sometimes they seem to be all over the place. In the good old days of rFactor, you could keep them a bit under control using corridors etc, I suppose it's a bit different these days.

5. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    So further to my previous post, AI at Oschersleben use way too much curb to the point of 4 x wheels well over the white lines. Also, they seem to be able to hang out wide in what would be the marbles IRL and go 2 or 3 abreast for multiple corners, again unrealistic.
    Love the track, predominantly the MC version as the AI can't seem to handle the tight T1 of the main course, but bit over being punted off by AI charging down the inside over the curb or darting all over the track unpredictably...
    ...just MHO

6. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Asked this in the development thread but no answer so thought I'd try here, will the AI benefit from the new tyres or do they use a different model all together?

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    as far as i understand , its the same tyre

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Not directly but because it's all new means all AI cars using the updated tyre will receive attention to make sure they behave nicely with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mustgofaster

Mustgofaster New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    By no means the end of the world, but AI GTR3 Camaros seem to have a comedy ride height set..

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.