Problem AMD Graphics optimisation

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sharpe, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Sharpe

Sharpe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I run a i5-4460,8gb ddr3 and a Radeon R7 370. I get low FPS and I can't get this game to look good. I play a couple other racing sims and they look and run just fine. I was wondering if anyone has some optimized setting they could pass along.

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    shadows and reflections maybe?

3. Sharpe

Sharpe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried turning them off and it help but not that much. And to be fair my system can run them. It does in Iracing and asseto corsa.

4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    what are you considering low FPS?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sharpe

Sharpe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    low enough it gets choppy

6. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    i7 2700k/16GB RAM/HD6970 (gpu purchased in 2011, equivalent to GTX 570).

Running the latest AMD graphics drivers that are compatible with my graphics card. My gpu is running at 98%
    With ALL in-game video settings MAXED out and at 1920x1080 res, I get a smooth 55-65 fps.

With my normal custom settings I get about 100fps.
    But I use custom settings because at 5760x1080 res., I only get 25-35 fps. So I have to turn down the graphics settings to get to a decent 45-60 fps at 5760x1080.

But the video quality is no where near what S3 has been producing on youtube even when I max out the video settings. The colors and texture of objects seem so much richer/smoother in the S3 youtube videos than I can replicate.

I see shimmering jagged lines everywhere.

Must be an AMD issue because I don't see the same issues with people using Nvidia gpus.
    On the other hand, it could be because my gpu is so old?

7. Sharpe

Sharpe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My AMD Radeon R7 370 is only 1 year old and its the same. Its also the track shadows. They are terrible. Dont get me wrong ,I love the way the cars handle and the sound. But the Graphics need a boost on AMD cards a least

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This isnt really an AMD issue at all from what I can tell. It's just a DX9 game that is running an old graphics engine at this point. It's not gonna look stellar without some severe compromises. Namely performance issues. If you want better shadows, or reflections, or anything else, they are going to come at a heavy cost.

Personally though, I think the game looks quite nice for what it is and the devs have certainly used every bit of black magic they have to get it to look as good as it does. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    If changing settings from hi to low make basically no difference, the problem is likely unrelated to optimizations. (Afaik the nv vs amd differences are rather minor in some shaders)

It sounds to me something more fundamental is affecting the game, most likely the CPU as a bottleneck here would yield no perf improvements despite low settings.

You could try system monitoring tools and try to find strange load levels compared to other games. Say network usage anti virus etc.

Your CPU should be fast enough, something in your setup is holding it back.

It would still help what you consider choppy. Is it a vsync issue, etc. Only diving into more data is gonna help find the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  10. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Azfalt Raser I have a Nvidia GF1060 and problem with stable 60FPS even when i drop down with video settings.No antyvirus and GF Experience.Only clean system with drivers.I have also 8GB Ram , Intel I5 4570 , and SSD Good Ram Iridium Pro.

11. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Wow that is surprising! Your gpu has almost twice the capability as mine.

Here is what i went through to find a good compromise.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/video-settings-test-information-fyi.6892/

Unfortunately, I realized my data was incomplete. It was mostly based on being on a track by myself.
    Still, it's a good starting point.

12. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thx for help.I downgrade my drivers , and turn on Adeptiv Sync and looks ok for now.In Spa i have in few moments problem with smooth 60 FPS and I set up my game to High but when I go down with setting i have still the same problem.I play in AC and Pcars with ultra details with 60fps.Ok this is AMD optimisation thread maybe we made a Nvidia thread ??THX

• Agree Agree x 1