Anti-Aliasing Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leon_90, Mar 26, 2016.

1. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hi lads,

my current monitor resolution is 1920x1080 with 8x MSAA in game and I still get terrible jaggies and aliasing all over the place. It is distracting and odd looking. It is my only problem with R3E graphically speaking. Has someone managed to get decent AA working somehow?

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    on the car hood?

3. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    only with 4k DSR. But it gets a bit blurry then

4. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I use cockpit cam only, If I've understood what you're asking (not a native english speaker)

I feared it would come to that, and I refuse to use DSR. I noticed that it introduces blur even when you do not use it but just have it active in control panel

5. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    for me the textures on the cars hoods were terrible, while most every other area was fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I did a test with forcing higher AA in nvidia inspector. The trick to get it working is that the ingame settings have to be turned on to 2x regardless of the override/enhance setting. This is the post showing the results: Any way to achieve more anti-aliasing?
    The image was cropped not scaled to make it smaller so it is showing what was actually on screen. The framerate took a hit as to be expected but I'm using a gtx 760 which isn't exactly a rendering powerhouse.

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    My bet would be it's about jagged lines in the distance.

8. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Would it be good to have two sticky's for AMD and Nvidea GFX settings?

This has got me wondering wtf to do with all my settings with AMD. I usually don't touch them. I messed about, but it seemed worse than what I had.

9. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Dan I read your post already, very interesting but unfortunately it doesn't work for me :( R3E is unresponsive to any inspector or cp setting, whatever I do (in-game 2xAA, adding RRRE.exe, using specific flags or settings), so no luck! Only DSR works but I don't want to use it.

Problem is jagged lines everywhere. Cockpit, tarmac, lines, structures, buildings, cars, you name it. It hurts my vision, as my eyes get stressed.

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    AMD here. I use their dsr max res. 4xaa. Had to turn shadows down with high dsr, but nice image!!

Maybe a bug

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    AA is not about textures but about edges from objects. Textures are smoothed by anisotrpic filtering.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I use an nVidia GTX 770 and once tried DSR. Had the best image quality I ever had in a game regarding AA and also AF. But in the end the performance hit was too big on the GTX 770. I sadly had to deactivate it. So I can only agree. I really think there is something wrong either with the OPs RRRE installation or his driver.

Edit: actually there was no AA or AF activated anymore with DSR when I tested it. DSR to 4x and some smoothing was enough. I was talking in a transferred sense so to say... :cool:

13. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Thanks...I get them all mixed up. :)

14. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    BTW is there a way to resize the HUD? It gets super tiny when u use 4k DSR. The back mirror is super small.