Apex hunt, anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .OG Isaac, Nov 6, 2015.

1. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Apex Hunt was very nice and taught how to take a corner properly... very useful for newbies, but also for veterans to test driving limits and to understand where we could earn some tenths of a second...
    I miss it... :(

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Afaik, not quite, otherwise they'd have done that minutes ago. ;) Everything has to be coordinated and alligned so it doesn't break the whole page.
    J-F mentioned in one of the interviews that menu implementation kinda is their bottleneck atm, them being understaffed in that department. A regrettable circumstance? Yes. Sth they can solve off their own back? Not really, unless they find sb who's able to do the job and willing to move to (or already lives in) Sweden they have to make the most of the ressources they got.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Old thread, old game mode, new idea..

What if they could combine the racing line (+braking point) from the No. 1 on the leaderboards (per class) and add the apex point behind the braking point. besides seeing you're hitting the braking point, you will hear it too. Together with an higher or lower 'beep' on the apex, you'll hit those corners time after time with a double beep and I think it's a very addictive way to learn a track and get better laptimes ? Not only for beginners, also for the experienced drivers !

• Creative Creative x 2
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That sounds very much like Pavlovian conditioning, not sure whether the Geneva Conventions would allow us to do this. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Schweetz

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
  6. Schweetz

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    It reminds me of an old game..I believe GT2 or GT3 had a test you had to hit cones on a small Micky Mouse track and every time you hitted a cone you heared a high pitched beep.. it was very addictive indeed and it was educational too. Screw those bobo's in Geneva :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    that's a great idea. Something to mark the apexes of corners while practicing would be very cool.
    At least something.... like this....but abit more comprehensive.