Released Audi R8 LMS (2016)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Why deleting? Who wrote about?

I dont get it, why some fanboys always have to justify thins, on ways, they let themselves look like standing on a public place with trousers down?

DTM92, GTO are standalone series which are clearly made for racing old cars.
    You want to tell me, that this is the reason, why i have to race with an last generation GT3 (M6) against old suitcases ;-)

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Well - seeing only black and white wouldn't be the right answer on any side...

In the end it is just a matter of fact that the Content of R3E grows together with the game and so early content just represents the time when being created. Thats nothing bad or something to complain about. Infact for me it is more a positive aspect.
    But with that time going by, there just grows the need for a car-selector, especially in Singel-Player, to give those player the tool they need to create there Custom Race or Championship.

And those Custom Races can contain cars from older GT3-Generations, too - if someone wants to recreate the GT-Cup from Pirelli World Challenge for example were older cars are still in action, or a Muscelcar-Race Mustang vs Camaro...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely correct.

Drove yesterday a NS-Race with 2016 GT-Masters grid. Its an universe better than to see the pink Mustang or the Alpina on pole (but i cant drive the M6 - what a shame).

But please an AI-Selector where i can select how much from each car. AC has here a perfekt solution.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't call that perfect - but a step in the right direction ^^ Or maybe I didn't get it right in AC?! IMO you can't select the Liveries for the selected cars. So you often have cars with ugly Liveries or a car with always the same liverie in the field as there are only one or two variations for it.
    In Addition - I don't like the classifications of the cars in AC. so you really need to figure out which cars can race together in a field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thats right. But its not soooo important in R3E i guess, because the liveries are ok.

More problematic in AC is the fact, that you can not save multiple starting grids.

The classification in AC is bullshit. But here in R3E you dont have this problem.

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    An AI selector needs to offer customisation down to individual liveries. Just filtering out particular car models isn't enough.

This feature will also be useful for WTCC races where certain drivers made only one or two races in the championship.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Oh no, don't tell me mommy, please. ;)
    Wouldn't make much sense for classic content tho, and in particular mixed classes like GTO or TC Classics cause those aren't necessarily from one season. In the end we'd probably end up with even more classes than we already have and that kinda fragmentation wouldn't be received well I guess.
    Season passes for the whole game...Idk, it would kinda counter the point of being able to buy only the content you want plus they'd have to finish big chunks of content in order to release them all at once...We'd probably end up with one content release per year, max.
    Idk, you were the one saying there's something wrong about the old GT cars.
    What I don't get is why everybody not agreeing with you is a fanboy. That kinda attitude must be a side effect of the profession I guess, everybody who isn't a friend is an enemy, eh?

I didn't justify anything. If I'd have wanted to do that, I'd have pointed out that in the meantime lots of new cars have been released that other sims do not feature, like the DTM or WTCC cars and loads of open wheelers. That you personally are interested most in GT(3) cars is fine and dandy, but acting like nothing has happened since the announcements of the GT cars is a bit over the top.

And I also don't get what you get out of mentioning the delay of the GT cars release in every single of your posts. If that makes you happy somehow, by all means go on, but it's not like the devs aren't aware of the fact that the cars were announced months ago and should have been released by now. As J-F already pointed out several times, there are reasons for the delay and it's not like they are holding the cars back on purpose. And it's also not like anybody ever promised a certain release date or owes you anything.

And just for the record, I have been standing infront of hundreds of people with me trousers round me ankles, and it was a hoot. I can only recommend doing this at least once, it can help get a healthy perspective on yourself and teach you not to take yourself too seriously.

Peace out, friend. ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Two questions, were you wearing under-dunders and what was the outside temperature ?
    These facts can add to the mirth and merriment of the spectacle ! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough questions, so here's the rather unspectacular resolution:
    Yes, I did wear underpants and the temperature was rather hot, cause at the time I was on stage in a theatre play and the spotlights emit enormous heat. Nothing major tho, just a semi-professional thing I enjoy doing from time to time.

Like I said, once you swallow your pride/shame and stop taking yourself too serious it's great fun. Actually I was embarrassed most by the underpants themselves, cause it was a pair of those old mans briefs. ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I believe the technical term for such suboptimal trollies is "yellow-fronted brown-backs"

What was this thread about again?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, some car. But as that won't release before next year, we gotta fill the time somehow... ;)

That's the post-premiere night term tho I think.

12. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Can you guys please stop discussing about Christian's underwear and go back to the thread?The new R8 looks pretty nice and we can hope its gets released Soon™.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Well... most probably not entirely true.
    It's nothing wrong with racing against the old GT3 cars, it is just a bit boring, as you clearly rather prefer to compete against the cars you just bought last night.
    And honestly: in this business is all about entertainment... so there is nothing worse than being boring ;)
    :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Good point, I always found the R8 unbelievably ugly ( low altitude stealth bomber with rearwing) and so I don't care when it is released: Soon , sooner .....or later :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not arguing that, but it's a whole different topic, that of multiclass SP races and the AI selector we need for that.
    And I don't argue the point our forum princess or James or many others are making, that is long overdue, totally agree.

But, as old as that song might sound by now, there are reasons for that delay either and features aren't being held back on purpose. Trust me, the devs would like to be done with those topics more than any of us.

On topic: Not a big Audi fan in general, but they are able to create some well balanced suspensions, gotta give 'em that. Still looking forward to the new R8, every addition that makes the GT3 class grow even more is always welcome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I see...
    Though you saying: "there are reasons" rather than "there are good reasons" makes me worry some :D:tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I'm also waiting for this amazing good looking car, but we have to wait patiently and see what cards has S3S under their sleeves as pC2 is bringing big amount of new content. Hope they (S3S) can come with many new content before the release of pC2 (which based on past experience can be may next year :D).

18. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Project Cars2 looks like a Swiss army knife. But the sound is still not convincing what I heard so far. A lot of new content but sound never gets the attention that it should get in my opinion.

19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Jack of all trades, master of none?

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0