Automobilista

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thug-Life, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I know it's a weird question, but are there any Argentinian mods available or in the making for AMS? Somehow I really enjoyed the rF based sims from 2PEZ back in the day, a Turismo Carretera season in AMS quality for example would be pretty awesome. :p

2. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    i am argentine, and i would love to play a turismo carretera mod in ams,
    but I think I'll stay with the desire...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  3. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I never could get much into Reiza's sims. Probably because rFactror always seemed a bit crude to me. However, with the latest build and the Formula Vintage, I had to give it a go. Most of the content in previous iterations never really spoke to me. I don't know these tracks, there is hardly any cars I am familiar with, or fond of, but now I am finally motivated to learn to drive in this! 1960'a F1 cars baby! Now I will say this, the rFactor 2 Brabham and the Lotus 49 in Assetto feel a little bit better. I think this has a lot to do with the FFB as well as the graphics. Yes, the graphics - for some reason I find it harder to judge the distance a find good braking points on the tracks, but I think in time, I will get there.

So what do I think in general? Reiza has the the potential to steal the simracing show here. The content in not a problem since with the work of people like Patrick Giranthon, we'll probably have a crapload of stuff to play with. I mean, the amount of tracks of such high quality this guy has produced... It's mind boggling. Anyway, I did a couple of test laps in them new Vintage cars and this is just awesome. I wonder why people even care about licensing anymore, you can just make a virtual car according to the right specs, name it whatever, and if it drives right, who needs to call it a Ferrari or Lotus?

Anyway, I think I am going to spend a lot more time driving this. I suck at this point, but I am motivated to get better.

4. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  5. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Formula Vintage is the dog's bollocks!

6. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    the ffb and formulas car in AMS are awesome

7. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Well no, you can't.
    Reizas recent head-knocking with FOM over some of the Formula cars proved that.
    Not to mention the GT3 mod for GSC that got withdrawn completely because the likeness to Porsche was a little too close.
    So there are limits to what you can do with semi-fictitious cars, depends a little on what the mod is and how close the likeness.
    Besides, quite a few people care about the 'proper' brands, it's all part of the immersion.

But I agree, the vintage AMS formula cars are great fun.
    Death-traps, but great fun. :D

8. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Well, as far as I know the FOM takedown thing was mostly due to skins, and basically Reiza caved out of caution, since no specific demands were made (at least as far as official info goes). But that aside, I understand that people want authenticity, but at the end of the day, isn't the whole experience more important to the immersion than having the looks of the cars replicated? Anyway, personally, I don't care what a given car looks like, or even what specs does it try to replicate, as long as the experience is realistic and engaging (preferably a high power V8-V12 beast, no downforce and fully manual gearbox) I am a happy camper.

Anyhow, I've been playing all the sims recently with 1960's F1 stuff... The only thing that comes close to Automobilista is rFactor 2, but without the CPM tire model, you sort of feel like you are not getting the full experience and maybe that is what kept from loving it.

I am a bit grumpy today, so nothing will probably make me completely happy, but can we please just have a GP Legends mod with all the cars and tracks for some platform? Anyway, Reiza came closest as far as I am concerned, just need more tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Want more vintage tracks than anything else for that game.

10. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    v1.0 out now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Am I the only one who gets a CTD with every Kansai layout with the 1.0 version? I've checked the file integrity and that's not the problem. Every other circuit works for me.

12. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    what I love about this game is that I can really feel the setup changes on the car. On many instances I really struggle to notice a difference when changing setups on R3E.

What doesn't help this feeling is the fact R3E also limits the range of change on many of the settings (for example the ARB from 90-120 instead of 0-180).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Can anyobody give me a hint, how to enable my TH8A H-pattern shifter in Automobista? It works in all other games, but AMS doesn't recognize the inputs in the config screen.

14. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Works fine for me without doing anything. How many USB devices do you have?

15. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Oh many: T300, CSP v3, TH8A Shifter, Saitek X-55 Stick and Throttle, Saitek Rudderpedals, Shiftlights, Keyboard, TrackIR and probably something I forgot. A lot, I know, but PCars, AC and R3E don't have a problem with it.

16. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Maybe disconnect a few and see how it goes. GSCE was known for some harsh limits, AMS increased but limits may still exist.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Or you can do what I did.
    Have all your sim-racing stuff on one hub, the flight-sim stuff on another and simply unplug the one you don't use.
    Added benefit is that games like F1 2016 won't insist on using your rudder-pedals. :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    So Ams announced they started to work on VR support raceroom needs to step up their game..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    no they didnt ... they said they intend to when they have time and the staff to do so ... very different things

We now are no longer in “wait and see” mode regarding VR, but openly intent on supporting it already with AMS. We are currently looking for developers to join us for this specific task, but until we do and have had the chance to assess it, it´s impossible to make any reliable estimate as to if and when it will actually come in time for AMS.

VR enthusiasts can rest assured that at this point we need no convincing regarding the relevance of VR for sim racing, however we currently have this unfortunate gap between wanting to do something and getting it done. When we have more news on the topic, we´ll make sure to share with you here.

as copied from somewhere.....

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    They are looking for devs to start. It is in their plan raceroom has no interest in it. All they gave us is excuses oh its dx9 oh we r small team. Ams is a dx9 title and they r a small team. To be competitive u have to move forward not announce a car after 04 months of being absent dont get me wrong i love this title and i want to see it suceed personally i cant go back to a monitor after playing VR