Beautiful new GT3 cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheFlash, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Dat wing.

2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    No image displayed :-(

I do remember most the *sound* of that Jag at Silverstone - it's growl was even more prominent that the Bentley or the AMG! :)

3. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    images.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    There are no more GT3 Jaguars racing in world :) This car is about 8 years old, while most GT3s right now are almost brand new (Bentley has 2 years, Huracan and 650s have 1 year)

6. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Shame, I loved the noise it made! Mind you, the Bentley (almost) makes up for it...

The Ferrari 458's must be getting on a bit now too, though? I wonder how long before they'll all be replaced by the 488s

7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't a Jag F-Type GT3 rumoured?

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Knew I'd seen it somewhere. What a shame.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I miss alot the Ferraris and Lamborghini but would i remember from the devs it's that both license are way to much expensive its the same like the Le mans track.

11. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    All three have been licensed by small teams before though charging less for their content then S3.

12. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    You mean as example ac?

13. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, now I realize S3 aren't made of money but Kunos aren't a big studio either and yet they've managed. I understand it's not always easy, could be costly, is a matter of priorities etc. But I do think the struggling artist angle is used a little too often. Not by the developers themselves mind you, but it's often used as a catch all response across several forums when features, licenses etc are brought up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Kunos *are* much bigger (they certainly have many more paid users...) than Sector 3, they're also based in Italy and have previously had links with Ferrari on another game, Ferrari Virtual Academy

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  15. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Wikipedia which I admit is not always the most accurate of sources actually pegs Sector 3 as having 5-10 times the amount of employees compared to Kunos. I'll give you Ferrari, that leaves Lambo. :)

Licenses like those two certainly helps getting users too. I know I'm not the only one who was excited to throw a Countach around a track. And Le Mans etc will sell more then Norisring as well.

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That number of 50+ is way too much. It's a relic from Simbin days, but even then that was counting all (internal and external) employees I think.
    Now it's about 20 people, including external contractors (J-F said in that skype interview iirc), only 6 or 7 at the main office. Kunos should be about the same, no way they are still coping with 5 dudes.

Some people want popular content, others are looking for unique content, stuff no other sim can offer. RR offers a good balance of both, with lots of stuff you won't find in any other product.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I'm not saying Lambo/Ferrari or bust, heck if the displays are alright I'm pumped for the 650 and the M6. And I'm real happy about the new content to the GTO's etc. I was more arguing against the notion that you need to be Turn 10 to acquire popular content. Figured 50+ was wrong. But that still makes S3 2-4 times bigger then Kunos. Or of a similar size if the Kunos numbers don't report external contractors.

18. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    You forgot that ac is connected with Ferrari. It’s the same like Gran turismo and all japanese manufactures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it seems like r3e has the best connections with German manufacturers, which isn't a bad thing :) But I would love some Italian gt3 goodness.

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I guess licensing, like any other business relation, is only partly governed by money. If you know a guy who knows the guy who's in charge of xy...you get my drift.

As far as tracks are concerned, S3 announced partnership with Tilke last year so I'm (mostly) looking at their credentials for possible future tracks.

• Like Like x 1