Problem Best lap time not counted (in competition modus)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by UnSpawnable, Jul 16, 2016.

1. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    I try hard to beat my best Laptimes (as anyone do). Today i was in the competition "DTM 2015 Red Bull Ring Spielberg". After 2 hours of driving i was really faster (about 0.642 Sec). What a round i said, but the Time and my rank didn't change..!??? WTF? After that, i restarted the game, and played again. And I was faster again then my old time. But again nothing chagend in my ranking. this is really hard!
    What is wrong?
    Lost 3 hours of gaming... very disapointing stuff...
    Thanks for help!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  2. CM_

CM_ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No one really cares about this OVERfrustrating issue? This is by far the most retarded thing in a simracing game
    I made also a topic mate regarding this retarded issue and no one gives a shit. I posted even in the Mercedes AMG Competition thread, they don't care.
    You lose your time to improve and their ranking systems are messed up. On hockenheim and spielberg ranking is f*&$# up

3. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi CM_
    Ufff.. thats not really what i wanna hear but thanks :( ....today again, i challenged one, i did not beat his time but improoved mine, but nothing chagend. (maybe someone can explain me the challenge mode, maybe i'm completely wrong) Damn the only thing that counts in the challenge mod, is the time, and that crap doesnt work. I really can't understand why the hell, that stuff doenst work.. this is really frustrating, I' opened an issue on the support site, i'll wait a bit!

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear you guys are experiencing this error.
    Does it show an error message in the lower half of the screen after you finish a lap, sth along the lines of "leaderboard connection error..."?
    There's no known (global) issue with this service atm, so there must be sth going wrong down the line between you guys and the LB servers. Might I ask where you live, Unspawnable? I see that CM lives in Romania, how's your internet connection in general, does everything else work regularly, also in RR?

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah,surely in Dracula's Old Castle, far off in Transylvania, Chris old pal *laughing hard*...:)
    Your response reminds me of typical Hollywood Movies where anything "east-european" always appears as like a hundred years behind, with whining old grammies, ruinous villages, poor and sad looking kids, guys with stone faces showing a life full of deprivation :rolleyes:

6. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian
    My internet connection works great. HomeBase --> Switzerland. Ther e are no errormesage in the game or indicators, for errors. If i beat my own time, (pass the line) in the upper right corner, the time is marked with a minus and is green e.g. -0.251. but thats all. no ranking changed...! I'll try to make a video, and post it here, later.

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm glad I made you laugh, that's always a good thing. Maybe it will also make you laugh when I clarify that your interpretation of my, admittedly not 100 % clear, words doesn't match my intention. Quite on the contrary I know that especially in Romania the infrastructure is quite excellent (just as it is in wide parts of Russia and eastern Europe, always getting great download speeds from those regions ;) ). That's why it surprised me, cause this issue would make a little more sense to me if the guys experiencing it lived outside Europe. Nevertheless, there's always the possibility of sb using a sub-standard connection or having a generally bad quality connection.
    That's strange indeed, usually if the connection to the LB server times out there's an error message (common code is 246). What happens when you start a LB challenge you don't have a time posted for? Does the time you set get submitted?
    A video would be good but not essential. What you could do to help find the issue is start the game, load into the challenge and do a lap that should get posted to the LB. If it doesn't get submitted, exit the game, go to the game's documents folder and upload the log files that were created last. Maybe those contain some info as to why the submission fails.

Cheers guys.

8. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that best laps may not count if i use another players ghost. First I thought this was intended behaviour.
    Greetings from Austria... guess we have slower connections than the collegues in the East :oops:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Chris
    thanks for your inputs, but maybe i'm completely wrong. For this i ask this noob question here:
    When I challenge a faster driver, and maybe i do not beat his time, but I do improve mine in that round, should I get a better ranking or not?
    Example from today:
    RedBull Ring Spielberg DTM 2015, Competition:
    my time: 1:25.587
    challenged time: 1:25.386
    when crossed the line the game shows in the upper right corner this gap: + 0.161 at least my new time should be: 1:25.547, or not?
    if I'm wrong then I apologize for this thread guys.. :oops:
    Thanks, UnSpawnable

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No no no,you're not wrong. If you beat your own best laptime your new fastest lap should of course be recorded and overwrite your previous best time, regardless of whether you beat the ghost you challenged or not.

But maybe you hit the nail on the head with your suspicion, which would make it a bug. I can't test this myself atm.
    Simple test for this theory would be to challenge a slow time on a LB you haven't set a time on and deliberately go slower, then try again and beat the time. If your time only get's posted if you beat the challenged time there's probably sth going wrong in the way the LB server judges those times.

Thanks for pointing this out, sounds like it might be a bug.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  11. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    here is the video, that shows the example which I posted this morning. sorry for the watermark i'm not used to make videos maybe someone knows a good video editor.:confused:

press the viemeo logo (bottom right) for fullscreen option in the web!

@chris
    i'll try your suggestion (when i have time)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  12. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok guys
    I started an new challenge today SR9Cup Laguna Seca.
    First I set a time, then i challenged another ghost he was excatly 1sec. faster in the LB. After that round, i was behind him about 0.862Sec. something like that. But my time did not change. Fact is:
    If you beat a faster ghost , or you beat your own ghost then the time and rank changes.
    But if you do not beat the faster ghost but improve your time in that round, your fucked. In my opinion this is absolutely ridiculous.... makes no sense to me..
    thanks to all for your support!
    I still have a ticket open on the support site incl. video.. i'm waiting! (and sorry for horrible english:p)
    cheers

• Like Like x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a bunch for your feedback. I added your findings to our internal bugtracker and the devs will take care of it asap.

Cheers

Christian

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. CM_

CM_ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Guys I have Dracula Internet Broadband. Dracula's land is in top 3 worldwide internet connections. I have 100mbit fiber. It's not about connection. I tried other line as well, same results.
    It's really simple to understand: ranking system for Round 1 & 2 is locked for at least 1 week. I'm on the same spot on the same rounds for 1 week+. It's absolutely impossible that no one didn't improve their PB during this week on Hockenheim or Spielberg. I shaved 0.8sec from my ghost (which is huge lol) on Spielberg and ranking was the same, nothing changed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi CM_
    seems that your problem is a bit different, at least i find out that if i beat my own ghost, the ranking works, in Spielberg.
    you was 0.8 sec. faster? not bad, congrats. And I understand how hard it is, if you stock in ranking. maybe chris can hlep here?
    good luck

• Like Like x 1
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, as I said, wasn't meant to be about Romanian internet being rubbish, quite the opposite.
    Your problem is specific to the DTM 16 competition, right? All I can do for now is inform the devs (file a bugreport). But if there is any indication of sth not working the way it should they will definitely look into it and make sure you get the points you've earned.

Hang in there

Christian

• Like Like x 1
  17. CM_

CM_ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, good and fair point! :)

Yes, apparently the problem persists only on DTM 16 competition. Never had any issues on any other competition (round 5&6 on FIA TA championship didn't have issues, same on other local time attack trials that run at this moment).

Today ranking moved a bit on Hockenheim with 1 spot, but on Spielberg still locked (almost -0.8, was -0.775). I'll try to run a few laps on Hock to see what's going on!

Thanks for the effort!

• Like Like x 1
  18. CM_

CM_ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday both rounds unlocked, I could rank up.
    This happened to me before exactly like this, on Hock I was locked at 1:32:1xx and shaved lots of -0.5 and -0.6's with no rank up. I gave up until I saw ranking moved. I went to 1:31:5xx and I was locked there for another week until yesterday. Same thing happened on Spielberg. I hope this time will work with no flaws. Very weird stuff on RRRE

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's most likely an updating issue on the LB server side. It definitely shouldn't take that long to update the boards. As I said, they're looking into it and if there's anything going wrong they will fix it.

Thanks for your hints and your endurance. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. CM_

CM_ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The boards should update instantly when you hit a faster lap, not after a while. The points in the championship aren't updated instantly and that's really not an issue at all. That I can understand. No worries, I really hope it will hold up this time because there simply isn't a more frustrating thing in racing that not counting your faster lap as PB :)

• Agree Agree x 2