Question Big updates!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tuborg, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Is it really necessary to have these big updates. Maybe it would be better with minor updates more often.
    As bug fixes , for example?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    they release a bug fix not long after every big update. (once they have fixed a few of the bigger bugs)

3. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    why is so hard to made all the tests before publishing the product on market?

so it will be finished and ready to play...

Sector 3, if you reading this, focus on details please!!!

I am very disappointed with all the minor glitches from all over place, LCD display, content error, especially...

I appreciate for updated physics, new free cars and liveries, but I lost some liveries that cost me few dollars, I could spend them for a new car for example... I don't like moves like this, what's the reason to put them off? What was wrong with Pagani's liveries for example? If you removing the content I bought, compensate it with value was spent on them maybe?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Mmm.. The question is why we have to wait for new content (with new bugs) before we see any bug fixes for old bugs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Thats a good point and need a investigation.

6. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Everything gets run through by the testers before hand, everyone has different equipment and witness different bugs. Im not the greatest at catching things but there are some good guys watching over and doing there best to catch things before they get released. There is different builds of the game and each is tested in I guess I could say stages, some things show up on one build and then nonexistent on another. Second, I remember a while back the reason they do large updates is because some people cant afford bandwidth or download speed the amount of data if theres an update every other day, so one large one is whats done. Third, as consumers, you all do help a lot with bug lists and feedback, more than you know. There are a lot of things that are being fixed and looked at, they are doing the best they can while pushing forward. Hope I come out fair and understanding.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Plus it doesn't make sense to fix a bug at a time, many issues are interconnected and cannot be adressed separately.

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Obviously not, but maybe there's something between 3GB and a (1) bug fix?

9. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    yes it is always smaller to replace a lot of things together than one at a time. if one file gets adjusted when fixing 5 bugs it is much more effective then downloading that file 5 times when fixing bug individually. plus installer stuff that has to be downloaded each time so that the install of the patch runs smooth ect...

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp... it's definitely faster to download 5GB in one piece than 1GB five times. Each Download has some overhead and needs to be installed.
    And not to forget - Updates often need a Maintenance-downtime from the game-servers. One Big update may need a bit longer maintenance, but it is definitely faster than 5 Maintenance-times.

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Those big updates are so big because of track updates (like with the last one where several tracks got updated). It's a bit of a dilemma, the track files are huge but if something has to be changed/fixed (like the kerbs at Hockenheim f.e.), the whole file has to be replaced.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Great information ! But my point is that it is more the rule than the exception that we have to wait for new content ( sometimes months ) before we see some bug fixes .

Why not release them before?

:)

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, that's not my decision to make of course, but I guess it's a consideration between a) fulfilling deadlines (DTM 2015 f.e.), b) pushing features (downshift prevention f.e.) and c) bug fixing. It's been kinda like this before too, new content near the end of the year and features + fixes once those obligations have been fulfilled.

All I know is that it also takes quite some work/time to compile a stable, working build and pushing it to servers etc. So I guess it'd also be...well...uneconomical to push a new build every other week.

It's far from ideal, nobody is happy bout going live with that many issues, but as resources and time are limited compromising is probably the best way to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1