Problem Bugs, Unbalanced stuff and Requests

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pfalzdriver, May 10, 2017.

1. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Howdie,

I have hosted the dedicated server yesterday (see Video from @Pfalzdriver).

Connection: Deutsche Telekom AG - Download 50 Mbit/s, Upload 10,0 Mbit/s

[​IMG]

The server and the games ran both on the same machine.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DaleJSmith

DaleJSmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    If I released the fruit of my labor before it had been vetted I would soon find myself out of a job. I also understand you have the luxury of a very forgiving clientele. So, maybe just keep it beta a bit longer before it goes Gold. Maybe even to a public beta session period to find issues like these. Most of us would dive in (or should I drive in) and help, knowing that it is nor ready to release. But I do take your point. It is just very frustrating to deal with this type of thing instead of just having fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    OK guys, we did some further testing this week.

Car: FR3
    Track: Spielberg National
    Race lenght: 30 minutes
    Dedi #1: Wutzmann, as tested above, IPv4 only
    Dedi #2: Myself, Vodafone Germany, 200MBit, IPv4 only

Last Wednesday we've tested with 12 ppl and reverse grid, worked like a charm. Not a single problem.

This evening we were 22 ppl and no chance to race. It started with the qualy (rolling start), immediately a bunch of ppl disconnectet. After a couple of restarts and a standing start-qualification, we were able to race around 16 minutes, until the mass disconnect occured.
    We've switched the server, the song remained the same.

After that we just decided to delay the cup and start a single funrace at Dedi #1, so no fracking reverse grid. And holy shit, this worked until the race was finished after 45 minutes.

So simply, reverse grid works with a small grid, but with over 20 ppl no chance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. DaleJSmith

DaleJSmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    yes a workaround, but maybe with your findings, they will be able to address the issue. (hopefully)

5. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Host: Intel Core i7-3930K, Win 10 Pro 64-Bit, 16GB DDR3 2133MHz, 240GB SSD

Connection: Deutsche Telekom AG - Download 50 Mbit/s, Upload 10,0 Mbit/s

Only the dedicated server ran on this machine!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Morning,

In the name of the german SIR I'd like to inform you, we're done with this.

Last Tuesday there was a test ride with those Formula midgets at Sonoma (Sprint), only 12 ppl were present and everything worked fine. No disconnects, no ping issues, no other issues, nothing, all good.

Yesterday we've had our race day, due to holiday season only 15 of 26 registered members presents, and again nothing worked, the same crap we've had two weeks ago!

Attempt #1: Half of the field disconnect after around 20 minutes, race was aborted, server restarted.
    Attempt #2: After 19 minutes one of us asked how much time there is left, because he had no race timer. Five minutes later the first two disconnected, around half a minute later, two more disconnected.

For testing purposes only we've switched the cars, mainstream GT3.

After practice some of us had no qualifying, instead practice restarted. Restart again. After qualifying some of us were stuck in qualifying. Seconds before the race start they were transferred to the starting grid, but no throttle after the lights went green. And the starting light wasnt present for everyone. After more server restarts we were finally able to start a race with everyone at the grid. Well, not everyone, because some of us were already pissed, so they left. With the reduced grid we were able to have a race over 30 minutes, with only one disconnected player.

And right now we are all tired of being abused for beta testing, the fun we've had in the past with R3E is completely gone. Right now it's holiday season, so we dont expect something to change until autumn, if something will change at all. For us MP is useless, except you are racing mainstream like GTR3 or DTM. We've had some minor problems with those cars too, but those were within an acceptable range. But those not so popular cars like FR3, Formular Junior, M1 ... its just not possible to race with a large grid.

Pfalzdriver by proxy of SIR out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    While over at rrleagues we're having hardly any issues at all with varied content and big grids. Could it be server or ISP related?

• Like Like x 1
  8. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

could you please tell us, in which configuration you run the server? Is it an external one (hosted from a 3rd party)? Or just a second computer on which one of the racers is running the dedi? And what race settings do you run (reverse grid p.e.)?

Our attempts (i am one of the racers Pfalzdriver is writing about) were hosted on different servers, so we have no idea what WE could do to solve the problems. It seems that the log files do not help Sector3 to find the problem. :(

These informations could maybe help us. Thank you.

Btw, i love your CrewChief! :)

Sorry for my english... :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    And finally if the server ist hosted with the same steam id a racer is logged in (seems like a stupid question but we never know)...

Edit: Ups, never hosted a server by myself. It seems that a second steamid is necessarily in that case.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  10. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Two different ISP and two different servers, which both worked fine in the past. We would have tried to solve those problems, but it seems noone is able to tell us how. :(

• Like Like x 4
  12. Ere

Ere New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I am also one of the previously called "pissed on" SIR member ;). I would describe me as a passionate , silent type of guy.

Unfortunately ( after having some great race series with R3E in the past as Pfalzdriver described above ) I am losing more and more patience. It would be very kind, if you could help us solving these problems ( for example as Almkicker already mentioned your working server configuration ). We all like racing R3E and would continue with pleasure if problems were solved.

Please help us

• Like Like x 2
  13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, have you guys just tried to use a different ISP for your Server? Deutsche Telekom still struggels in their Connections due to decissions they made while they were running their BTX and freshly dressed in magenta-colors...

There is not much you can do wrong with the dedicated server-settings. You don't need a second user, too. You can just copy the downloaded exe-File for the dedicated server into a different folder and start up the File from there...
    Just be sure that the Server is running on a dedicated machine with a wired LAN-Connection (WLAN isn't stable enough for many activities like many users on the server)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Wutzmanns Dedi is german Telekom, my ISP is german Vodafone. I can only speak for myself, on my side the dedi is connected by LAN.
    Racki stated at the first page he is running his dedi with an austrian ISP, and the same problems are present. So it is kind of odd, that three different ISP should cause the same problems, while other users have no problem at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know if someone is showing us a way to race without disconnects or if the thread is dying - which in that case means that the sim dies for us either.

More than once we told the developers that we like to help finding the issues by doing this and that or something else. But again we heard nothing.
    :mad:

Our buddy Racki asked you, if there is a way to enhance the logfiles with more information. Again no answer that really helps.
    :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  16. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Well Almi, its summer time, so fixing problems seems to be a secondary task ... or even admitting there is a problem.

I was pretty sure we're not the only onces with those problems, so I digged a lill bit. Look what the cat dragged in while I was doing that.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/disconnect.8269/
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceresults-with-disconnected-players.8201/

And I was pretty sure the last weeks, I've read somewhere there were problems with the "official" races too. So I went searching, and guess what, my mind didnt play any tricks on me ... this time.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/problem-with-multiple-races-in-server.7946/
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ion-changes-to-race-2-reverse-grid-race.7843/

And wasnt there some dust in the area last Friday at Sonoma for nearly the entire race with the GTR3?
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/smoke-and-dust-doesnt-disappear-in-mp-race.8203/

So in the end we're not completely the only incapable ones. :eek:

To our devs: We've already canceled the long planned races with the FR3, because it was neither working at Spielberg nor at Sonoma. So we'll give those GTR3 a chance, maybe those cars will work since DTM2016 has worked. As I already wrote, we only had some minor problems which were within an acceptable range. If GTR3 wont work either, and this issues wont be fixed, I can tell you for sure, the SiR are done with this game for good. Wouldnt be the first time we decide to quit a game. Those pals at SMS made the MP worse with every patch, so it was unplayable at the end. R3E was our replacement, and right now it is about to go south.

BTW, if you wanna hear our frustration, start watching at 1:32:00. It's the entire session with the FR3 and the GTR3 afterwards.

But I guess Spectator was the reason or Teamspeak or our racing hardware or the pretty high temperatures in germany last Friday. Damned, where is this irony-button?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Hey all!

We've got a new (old) programmer back on the team. They're currently investigating various MP issues and I've just assigned this one to be looked at as well. We might need additional log files in the future, including log files from the dedicated server. It would help a lot if you could save those logs so they're readily available if/when we need them.

• Like Like x 4
  18. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for this information. We will try to catch the logfiles of our next races, so we could give them to you whenever you want.

19. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Four logs attached from last Friday. Though no "race log" because we never managed to get the race started without noone having a problem.

Attached Files:

20. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Well, when can we expect to hear something from your developers?