Criticism of the store page for the devs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sayjimwoo, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Jok3sta

Jok3sta Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    player 1 - new to game ( or maybe just a casual player), buys premium pack for 50 bucks. Has all content
    player 2,3,4,5 and 6 - long time supporters of the game. Has spent almost 200 bucks on content over the past few years. Still has to spend 7 bucks for one car (and some liveries) every time a new one comes out. Complains about problem, and then gets bitched at by player 1 because it worked out fine for him/her and they see no issue with the pricing model..

Sound about right?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    I think there should be additional discounts for pro and premium pack owners or simply for folks that owns a lot. Currently im reluctant to idea of buying premium or pro pack because i know after this my every purchase will be full price. So in the end nobody wins

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Similar to the discount system that iRacing has for customers who own a percentage of content.
    It's been a while since I used my iRacing account but if you own x amount of content you got a discount.

But for me I'm happy to spend 7 dollars on a car or 14 dollars on a new track. Even if you get a 25% discount; that only relates to a couple of dollars off the purchase price but the hours of enjoyment I get out of that full priced purchase was totally worth it.

Heck I only get about 10 minutes of enjoyment from the 14 dollars I spend when I buy a meal from Mc Donald's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    We've been discussing the pricing model for years.

I'm fine with incentivising new players because, let's face it, not many people are playing this game at any one time, but there should be something for the long-term, high-spending players too. That's just good business.

A loyalty bonus has been discussed many times and I was assured that something was in the works. If the starter/premium packs were the response then I fail to see how they offer much for the well-invested players.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Not true, you cant upgrade the starter pack or pro packs too.

650 was put in the started pack now and i'm pissed cause i can't have it. Not taking my money though, gonna run the old one ahahaha.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fredy

fredy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    In French it means that all which is going to follow is to buy

The Premium pack contains ALL the at present available contents and will free more than 100 cars and more than 25 tracks for hours of pleasure of conduct. It is the unique purchase which will allow you to take advantage directly of all that the game has to offer.

Anyway I stop(arrest) expenses it becomes exaggerated

en français cela veut dire que tout ce qui va suivre est acheter

Le pack Premium comporte TOUT le contenu actuellement disponible et débloquera plus de 100 voitures et plus de 25 pistes pour des heures de plaisir de conduite. C'est un achat unique qui vous permettra de profiter directement de tout ce que le jeu a à offrir.

de toute façon j’arrête les frais cela devient exorbitant

7. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I agree the store can be improved and made a little easier to make your purchases, you can eventually find what you want but it should be a little simpler.
    As far as the business model and pricing goes, well I am not sure how it is any different from anything else you go out and buy.
    This is not just talking about games i might add, a company releases a few new products and at release everyone pays full price for each of those products, after a while to encourage more sales/custom the price is discounted and some lucky people pay less than the people who bought at release. A little further down the line again to encourage more sales/custom the company bundles the products together and offers a pack price which is even cheaper still, more lucky people, good for them.

A new product is then released, the company is under no obligation to sell the new product at a reduced price to anyone, it has to make a profit on the new product before it reduces the price, and so it goes on, if you are a loyal customer you may at some point get a loyalty card or store card for small discounts on future purchases, not always but some companies do offer this.
    This is true with everything we buy, buy early and pay full whack, wait a while and pay less, wait for black Friday and pay way less, you simply cannot say its unfair that you paid full price and joe blogs only paid half of what you did, the packs are there only to encourage new customers which in turn should benefit everyone, if your new to the game your getting a real bargin, that is no reason for anyone else to say that's not fair as they spent way more for the same content, the packs are a one off big discount purchase, at any time things can be added to them as more incentive for new customers, when you buy a pack or a discounted item you buy it for that price on that day, you've had your discount and if it changes further down the line then your out of luck you should have waited longer.

I have bought every car, track and livery, and most of it was at some kind of discount, its cost me a fair wad of cash, if a new car or track is released I have a choice to buy at release and pay full price or wait until the price drops, it is my choice which price I want to pay, if I pay full price I cant moan 4 months down the line its available at 50% off, a company cannot survive if everything it produces it sells at a discounted price to every single customer, be it a game, a phone, a laptop, clothes or anything, make your profit then reduce your price.

Sorry went on a bit there, off to get me 20 ciggies for £9, think i'll try asking for a discount and see what happens.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    my opinion:

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    personally id give the cars away for free , make a stunningily complete damage model and charge you for tyres and repairs , race entry fees and fines ....

realism

Andi

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget the fuel!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fredy

fredy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I am willing to pay the price(prize), normal.
    But having to pay 90€ with promotion(class) (imagines) games(sets) is almost identical since his(her,its) taken(brought) out.
    The damages are small, impossible to hold the steering wheel in a straight line, circuit are identical (textures, architectures) no rain, any temperature, no night, pressure of tires? Etc.....
    I reminder(abseiling) whom GTR2 was has 35€ has my purchase, to rapeler you the 24 hours with rain and good weather...
    In brief, it is fashionable to make it plucked.

In any case it is necessary to rectify this sentence:
    Take advantage directly of all that the game(set,play) has to offer...

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    remember the truth is a lie , and there was cake but we ate it

dont buy it if you dont like how its done

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Nine quid for a pack of smokes?
    NINE?!?
    Christ, I thought they were expensive over here. o_O

You really have to admire a society whose response to a highly dangerous and addictive substance is....to increase the price of it.
    Who knows, maybe they should try that with heroin. :D

14. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree! But what I personally find a fascinating phenomenon is how people put so much effort in letting everyone know how they dislike or hate something. Fascinating... :confused:

15. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    But what I personally find a fascinating phenomenon is you and a few other doing so much effort in answering those people all the time...;)
    Oops......now i'm doing it myself :oops:

16. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Touché! :oops:;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The probolem is not so much some pennies more or less to pay. I can easily afford them. The problem is a generally ill-designed shopping model that time and again creates plenty of bad reputation fallout - and keeps its bad reputation outside this forum alive. Good commercial advertising this is not. It wins no new friends, but keeps potential friends away.

I paid 4 Euros for the car, and 1 Euro for 3 more skins. I owned all previous cars before already, and almost all skins, and all tracks. So much for that. To have two stores and apparently once again different prices in them, also is no serious business. And that newcomers or unknowing people are left invited to so easily spend much more than is needed, also is something that does not form a good reputation.

Just saying (once again). Apparently business is running so well however, that Raceroom Entertainment can afford to simply not care for all these negatives.

I am free to vote with my wallet, yes. But I have stopped trying to convince others of RR, and I c an understand that so many people reject to get engaged with Raceroom - due to its business model.

But again, if the sales numbers leave them happy, this is then how it is, and things are unlikely to change then. I assume the problem is more with Raceroom Entertainment (management) and less with Sector3 (development).

• Like Like x 2
  18. fredy

fredy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I what includes not what you want to say.
    I give of the help(assistant) since 2013 onto it games hopes to have one games correct final, it is always in BETA, but we continue has to pay cars, after a while are needed results.

et une chose, 100 € pour 8 millions de français est une chose impossible

19. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The idea of having some cars with livery packs are a good idea. However, I personally find the car and livery packs to be fairly expensive compared to what the competitors offered for the similar amount of money. The issue is, not everyone makes their money in Euros where, as an Australian, the car with livery packs are prohibited expensive with the weaker dollar.

The core issue with the value for money with R3E is, it felt like I am getting a lot less in my second $100 spending in the game compared to the first $100 I had spent. I believe this is the complaint that most long time players are feeling but I have no issue that new players are getting a lot of content cheaper.

My first $100 got me almost all the tracks in the game along with most classes and liveries in 2015. Meanwhile my planned second $100, I only get a handful of tracks and a few classes, with the assumption that I want all the liveries for a car. Even if I take only one livery per car, the value of money is still quite low as I need about $100. On top of that, I still need to top up some money to get all the content I am interested in if I want all the liveries. There is also price inflation of newer cars as the new 650S GT3 cost $4 while older GT3s cost much less than that.

The worst part of it is, it would be more economical in the long run for me to abandon my current R3E content in my 8 years old Steam account then open a new Steam account with the purchase of a current Premium Pack. It would cost me $120+ to obtain the content I need while a new premium pack is around the same price for me.

There is a thread in Race Department with users complaining that their GTR3 packs can't be upgraded. I think the store FAQ really needs an update clarifying which packs can be upgraded and which pack can't. It is extremely confusing right now. Also, the vRP bulk buy should be integrated right into the store, not on a separate website.

I love to see the store improved too, as currently, the store really makes giving money to S3 quite difficult. Not to mention, it takes a long time to load on a browser.

I really would love to see S3 and RR successful in offering a unique racing experience that no company in the market can provide. I think the business model is the major obstacle to success for the game.

However, one thing I would say is, R3E provides a unique service that little companies in the market does where there are somethings that do justify the price. Such as those consistent updates that improved quite a few aspects of the game with new MOTEC, new sounds, new physics updates, new major features and so on. That said, I do not mind paying $5 for a car with all it's liveries as I know I will be well taken care with some fairly major updates down the line. The issue is, the current pricing is a tad too high for me when I am almost spending 1/4 of a price of a new game for a handful of new cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Maybe go back to having a simple word above (or below) saying Free, Owned or Put your hand in your pocket!