News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Nils Herbstrieth

Nils Herbstrieth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Like that too. But even more i would go for a championship with qualifying races, not time attack. There are people like me who are not the fastest hotlappers but are pretty good racers. Only good hotlappers will have the chance to participate in a race here ....
    Maybe in the future ...?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    True. I'm not the very best hotlapper too but if I really want it I can go to Top10. And as we seen in the Spring Cup some of the hotlappers can't bring it on a nice race with racing side by side.
    But how would you do it?
    You can't pick the best RACEdrivers out of the nowhere so you have to do a hotlap Challange like this.

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess thats something we have to take care of ourselves Nils...anyway, after starting a first attempt ( not bad at all near top 50 but still 3 secs away) and looking at the leaderboard I think it will be a copy of the spring cup cause many of the usual suspects are already Top 10....first I was a bit surprised cause the physics have noticeably changed (compared to DTM 13/14) and while struggeling with myself and the car I did an embarassing 1:40xx first counted lap ...:rolleyes:, but with a little setup-tweaking here and there it worked out- and I like the 015 cars.....

4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Anyone notice anything different in the 2015 cars?

My g27 felt amazing....the deadzone felt incredible..placebo?

Did a couple laps, 1:35.8 doubt I can get much faster then a low 1:35.... good fun though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  5. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Wow, you guys are fast. Yesterday i just managed a 1:34.1. Maybe i can shave off another 2-3 tenths, because this lap wasn't perfect.
    BUT ........ currently the first place drove a 1:30.6? o_O How the hell ....... :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    haha agreed Ernie. It's no wonder I don't race online. Most of the folks on here would lap me in about 1/2 a lap. There's a bluegrass group in the US called "Old and In the Way" and thats me to a tee. I still stand by that this is a perfect opportunity for an old codger like me just to drive the 2015 cars and tracks before I can buy em.

7. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    :) Look at Tim Heinemann's Avatar, Ernie , might be he is a "professional" simracer focusing on competitions like that..and 1:34,1 is not bad at all...guess I could make a 1:32,5 by the end of the competition but 1:30 ??!:eek::confused:o_O
    Adios Muchachos ! :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  8. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Of course there are the known very fast guys but I feel and hope the new point system will make it a very close competition as the gaps are quite small in relation to each other in the following group(s). Depends on the gap to pos1 but as long as such "alien" times are set the points will be almost equal I think.
    I'm just curious: with or without Logitech profiler?

9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    with...normal settings for that...at least what is recommended.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My g27 also felt great. the fast guys are so fast already I just hope I stay in the hundreds as far as position goes:oops:

11. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    I´ve driven now around 10 laps and I love this cars!
    Great Sound, great feeling and a 9th place in the Championship.:cool:

12. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    666 participants...exorcist around somewhere ? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    You have a typo in there @Moritz Löhner mate, should say 100 laps not 10... Silly. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely great decision, I wish you guys could bring this idea to ADAC and WTCC in a big competition; creating races for all players despite his level. Grouping the pilots for the online races in qualifying sessions too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I hope the sound will be better, so it`s a joke.

16. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I thought I try a run. I know I'm not the best driver so I never expected to qualify for the races or even get near the top 20. But 5 seconds of the pace? 5 seconds? Where the hell you gon' find 5 damn seconds? I wanna race these guys on track now because I never find anyone on track who's 5 motherdonkey seconds faster a lap. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I thought that on my first few laps, but there's grip where you don't think there should be..I'm not so great in these cars but I've worked at a bit and am now 1sec off top 20...not sure if I'll get that because it will get further away but I need to work on the slow corners anyway...

You can do it maan!! I've seen you about online dude, you have more speed than that!! :sunglasses:

• Like Like x 2
  18. edgarherrero

edgarherrero New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 guys, is there any possibility that you can make various racing servers so not just the TOP 20 fastest can have fun racing? Like TOP 100, 20 drivers each server, but those out of the TOP 20 doesn't count towards the championship.

It is just a suggestion in the name of fun :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I was trying to think of a way to have divisions......^^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. edgarherrero

edgarherrero New Member