Problem entering online races

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 247, Mar 2, 2015.

1. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    After latest updates it's became quite impossible for me to play online...80% of my races have no ping (-)...for the few races that I have pings (that is from about 60 to about 110) most of the time I get an infinite loading time till the game returns to the server lobby...that meanwhile race start and I cannot race anymore...sometimes I can enter a race (even the ones with no ping) but loading time takes ages (even 4-5 minutes)...anyway to solve this?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    No one with same problem as me?since I'm quite giving up playing online...can't enter 90% or the races anymore due to this problem :(

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  4. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Yes but this is a different problem...this is not something occurred for an ISP block or for a modem problem...i'm playing raceroom from 2 years now and every thing was okk...but the more and more the game progress the more I have difficulties to play online...for example some months ago all my races had a ping through 60-110 now almost all the races have no ping and nothing changed in my configuration so I assume this is not the same problem... :(

5. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem. Nearly all of the servers have no ping, or if they do it`s very briefly so it`s disappeared by the time I`ve chosen a car and I can no longer join.
    I have also given up with online games.

6. haubi1603

haubi1603 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had The same Problem, with a new Router it was gone. I think it is a Problem with The firewall of the router. In my case it was not possible to Turn Off the firewall of The old router. So i am not 100% sure that the firewall is The problem. But i think so

7. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    so why before i was able to play with no problem with same router , connection and so? :)

8. haubi1603

haubi1603 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Maybe there has something been changed with an Update?

9. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Yes...and that's why I opened a thread here...so developers could investigate on what changed... :)

10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I am sure no dev would recommend you doing this but just to test. Login to your router, find out what is the IP address of your pc and In the router setting ( usually under firewall ) DMZ the ip.
    Then test the game again

11. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    so...unfortunately it seems that i can only disable my router firewall and my dmz is Always on...just tryied with firewall on/off and strangely enough i had no differences and i was able to enter in all the races that were on the servers lobby...maybe because of few people online...should try again this evening when more people are on...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I've seen this kind of behaviour with certain versions of drivers for network chips. For example back then when I still had WinXP you had to install the manufacturer divers for the widely spread NICs fom Realtek. Otherwise, if you used the Windows standard driver, it was just not working very good. You could connect to the router and surf most of the internet but some games just had a bad ping or I couldn't connect at all. Maybe getting the latest driver for your NIC might help. I don't know if this situation is still present nowadays with Win7 or later but it doesn't harm to check it out.

I've also seen damaged patch cables causing trouble like this.

And then a few weeks ago I had a strange problem myself. Everything was working fine except I couldn't get any Windows updates anymore. The Windows update always told me it couldn't contact the server. I was searching my a$$ off around the internet what might be the problem but couldn't find anything. I was ready to re-install my Windows when I noticed that I couldn't download any drivers from intel for my chipset. I tried my laptop - also no go. I tried it with my laptop from somewhere else - no problem. Aha! In the end it was my router at fault. It was not damaged and had not received an update lately but for some reason I had to restart it by completely unplugging and replugging it. After that it was working fine again until today. Why only Windows update servers and intel downloads were affected (at least as far as I have found out), I don't know.

• Informative Informative x 1