Question Multiplayer Lobby bad/no ping's with new Router

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by k.C goran, Feb 20, 2015.

1. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody,

today I have connected my new Router for my new faster DSL-Line.The Router's model name is Speedport W724v(I live in Germany,so that's the new router from "deutsche Telekom").Everything works fine,except R3E.So,my Problem is now that I can't join any Multiplayer Servers.In the Lobby I see all Servers,but mostly no ping at all.When I click anyway to join,I get the red message above"...no response from server".Of course I was looking at the Router's config,testing Multiplayer in several other Games and was checking for info's in the Internet.I didn't find nothing on that issue.Other Multiplayer Games are working very good.All port's in the new Router are closed,like in the older Router before.Btw the older one was an Speedport W303v.Since the last update everything work's fine with the old Router.Before that update,I really had the Problem with the Livery last click to enter a Server.Seems like the new Router won't ping the Lobby Servers.

Last thing I did today was capturing a bit of the Traffic between my Machine and the Router/Steam/R3E-Mp Lobby to find maybe where the problem is.Well the Output of the capturing shows only one ICMP destination unreachable on Port 89.Think that has nothing to do with R3E.

So my question,is there like a Port-range that I should Setup in the Router's config?Or maybe
    a package config on my machine(TCP,UDP,ICMP)?For me it looks like the problem is on my side.
    But I'm not sure.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance k.C goran

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    hmmmmmmm....try turning everything off....firewall on router, pc and AV off.

Did you test without the router?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Tried it already.The Firewall of the Router can not be turned off.That's why I think,that the problem could be solved
    with Port forwarding or so.What I see in the Log-files of the capturing Programs,is like a big Port-range from Port
    45 000 to Port 70 000 that R3E uses.
    But what do you mean by testing without Router?That's not possible.The Router is the Gateway for the Inernet connection.

4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    test without the router....just connect to your modem, lan socket....whatever you have for your connection to your provider. Or are you saying the router is from your provider?

Can't turn off the firewall? You update the firmware on the router?

5. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately there is no possibilty to turn theFirewall off.A lot of People are dissatisfied with that(was reading in the Provider's Support Forum).It's a bradnew Router from my Provider.Latest Firmware is running on it.There is no possibility to run a Internet Connection here without a Router.Connected through Copper Cable to the next bigger Transmit Station,then turns into a Glass Fiber G-bit Network.That's for sure:)

6. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    hey goran...i have almost the same problem.
    Speedport W723 V and Telekom
    I can connect to MP servers but after one or two races i get the same message "no response from server"
    After router restart i can log in again. Sounds like the firewall from the router or sth is blocking.
    You seem to have more knowledge about routers ports etc, so if you find a solution please let me know.

I never had problems with other MP games in years with this router.

7. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Yes,of course I will do report on that.That was the Idea behind this Thread.I think there will be a lot more People with that Problem in the future,cause People will get new Hardware and faster Internet connections.If we find a solution here,People can read it and set Everything up to work correct.

8. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

We are getting reports about a lot of our German users no longer being able to access the Multiplayer servers after their ISP provided them with a new router.

Has anyone tried contacting and asked about their default protection blocking us? Certain protections are from the ISP side and cannot be disabled by the user. It would be good if one of you German users can contact the ISP and get some sort of a confirmation.

9. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,hello Sonat,

I was busy these Days with my regular Job so I coudn't act to much on that Problem.Anyway i took a little bit of my free time to test some things with Hardware and Software.No Results at all.
    So during this week i plan to call my Provider's Support-line and ask them a few questions.What i was reading before in their Support Forum doesn't give me a lot of hope.They argue mostly unconstuctive like "be happy that you are save now through are new safety technology....your new Router can do a lot of IPv.4 with IPv.6..and..one game more or less that doesn't work now ,who cares?!?".

Thats not fair.People are paying money for their Providers and for their Games/Sims!

Well i will try to do my best what i can,to find a solution on that problem.Let's see if i can reach a higher technician on the phone,who understands the meaning of that problem.At least i think its a small technical issue that can be fixed within a few minutes.

I will see what happens ... and the report here in the forum.
    By the way i am not a pro on Network Technology...i only understand Basic Network stuff.

gla and hf:)
    k.C goran

• Like Like x 1
  10. jockemsmaggie

jockemsmaggie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hallo nach Stuttgart,
    ich hatte das selbe Problem mit meinem Speedport. Bei diesem kann man weder die Firewall abschalten noch Ports freigeben ( obwohl man es Augenscheinlich im Menü kann, ist aber ohne Funktion ). Nach wochenlanger Reklamation hatte ich bei der Telekom einen Zocker am Hörer der mir erzählte das dieses Problem bekannt ist aber nicht weiter verfolgt wird. Er tendierte zur Fritzbox ( hat er selber ) oder zum Vorgänger Modell. Habe mir dann den Vorgänger besorgt und siehe da es geht. 3 Monate habe ich mich mit der D-Telekom über Stunden hinweg am Telefon recht fruchtlos auseinander gesetzt. Super Service. Alles funktioniert gut ausser der Multiplayer, alle paar Rennen muss ich den PC neustarten weil die Fehlermeldung " No response from server" kommt. Nach jedem Neustart geht es wieder für einige Rennen, schon seltsam.

11. Peter Eckhardt

Peter Eckhardt Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I ve a similar problem too , Cannot acess the mp only to load the screen with the little dots left hand side . These are freezing .Crasy is that this is only in RRE but DTMe and ADACe works fine.
    I am using AVM Router with Telekom

12. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    There might be something we can do on our side if we knew what exactly they're blocking.

We don't use any uncommon ports or anything so it is a bit puzzling to see our game getting blocked. We would ideally need some detailed information from an engineer and not the usual customer service.

We need to know if it's a certain port, or if it's something like a flood protection that blocks us which they can easily tell us since they're the ones doing the blocking.

13. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Peter, I already have logs from you in Helpdesk.

Can other users having this exact same issue send me their MWTransport.log and Game_xx.log (the latest one) please?

You will find these in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log

If they're too big you can delete them, reproduce the problem and immediately close the game to get smaller file size that also makes it easier for us to read the data.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  14. Peter Eckhardt

Peter Eckhardt Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Anyone knows which ports RRE is using . I ll try to adjust my router to open these ports ?

15. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    lots, I tried using Cports, I couldn't get all of them, but you can get an idea.

16. Peter Eckhardt

Peter Eckhardt Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I open all ports and that didnt help . Cannot use MP in RRE only

17. Michael Me

Michael Me New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Good evening,
    I have the same problem with mp_alpha since better connection.
    Only a few pings are shown and I am also not able to join one of the very few low-ping-races (~30ms).

router: speedport W724V TypB
    isp: Deutsche Telekom
    I had opened a thread in the steam forum 2 days ago concerning this issue.
    I have both log-files but "upload a file"- doesn't work;
    the files are in a folder, but can't be chosen...they are not shown

18. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, we probably need to allow for .log files to be uploaded to the forums.
    I'll bring it up in the studio tomorrow.

As Sonat said above, this could be a block at your ISP rather than in your router. We would really need to get some information from them to see what exactly they are blocking.

19. Michael Me

Michael Me New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I had deleted all other log files before and reproduced the mp_problem
    the files in size are:
    MWTransport = 279KB
    game= 20,9KB
    As I had mentioned in the steam forum before .... mp_software products (even 10 year old) and online launchers work very good/better, no problems at all and a better ping....
    Race07 multiplayer has similar issues, most servers have 5000ms ping but the very few with low ping can be joined, which isn't the case in RRRE.

20. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I've added log to allowed attachments to forums so you should now be able to attach them.