English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Hello! Are you in?

2. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    #64 Vette for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    1am dang it..... I'll either be knackered or drunk..... ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Stiggy

Stiggy Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I'll put my name down for the #79 BMW Art Car... won't be at the first round as I'll be out in the forest watching Rally Australia.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Spoiled brat!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Cadillac 8 ;)
    If someone wants to team up with me for "GearEx Racing" shout :)
    (In case and if possible we can change cars if you really don't like it)

Love it Emillio btw. (the mumbo-jumbo some leagues/ teams are making out of a simple championship is way over the top for my taste ;) )

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    hmmmm the BMW or do I break into the Ruf! I suck at both...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Marco Conti

Marco Conti Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Upon further review, I really would like to drive the BMW if one is still available. I forgot how much I liked that car. It's a toss between that and the vette.

If a BMW is still available, my first choice would be:

1) #22 Deutsche Post (or its companion)
    If that's not available
    2) Yokohama
    2) Art Car

Or any available, really.

Should they not be available, then I'd go for the Vette. They all have more or less the same paint job, so I'll take the yellow one :)

By the way, I do have a team name should I be paired with someone without a preference or an idea. The name is "Scuderia Rossolupo" or "Squadra Corse Rossolupo". Either will do. Rosso = Red. Lupo = Wolf.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Hey Marco! You can pick whatever you like if it is available. take a look at post #3 there are 4 screenshots with cars divided by model showing their respective liveries. You can write here which one you'd like to drive and it's not been picked yet and then I'll add your name in the white tag in the screens up there.
    As per team name... that's great name! I like it a lot! Should we end up together I'd really like to use that :)

10. Marco Conti

Marco Conti Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Then I'll take the #22 BMW Deutsche Post. Maybe I can convince the german postal service to sponsor me with free german postal stamps for life if I win.

I was under the impression that each livery had 2 cars. Is that not the case?
    My machine has 2 profile: 1 for work and one for gaming. I am in the work profile and I can't launch Steam and R3E to check on this.

IMPORTANT: Would it be OK to advertise around for more drivers? What's the situation right now? Do we have a good field?
    We have to take into account that as the season progresses some drivers are bound to drop out. It always happens.
    I was thinking that maybe I could recruit some drivers in the California Club on iRacing (if they don;t slap my hand for doing that) and maybe in other forums as well.
    For instance, it would be a good idea to advertise on http://www.virtualr.net. We can send them a "press release" ands see if they publish it. Maybe I can even email the moderator and talk to him about it. It would be a good idea for them to have an area devoted to upcoming leagues.
    Another spot is NoGrip. I am a member, but I don't know anyone well there.

The way that could work, if we got a bunch of prospective drivers we don't know, would be to do one or more test races where a group of us rate drivers in term of safety and sportsmanship, getting rid of crashers or other riff raff.

Better have too many drivers and keep them as reserves that start with too few and then have the last races between the top 5 guys.

Just wondering what you think. We really need a USA friendly league for this and other games, one that is independent but that could still be partnered with some of the other places. For instance SimracingToday (do I have the name right) always publish about new leagues.

Maybe we can chat about this later today after we have had some time to think about it. Also, I could not find a full roster of drivers, so I am just making assumptions that we are in need of new drivers. I could be wrong.

11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I should be able to catch the start of this championship on my birthday the 12th, so be nice and let me win!! :D
    Then I will try my best to catch as many as I can, will probably miss quite a few, but it is as it is.. :(

Was thinking of taking a Ruf to mix it up, but now after taking one for a spin that car feels really unstable and floty!.. .:eek: (Hope this will change after the big GT3 physics update)
    So I'll go for #23 BMW :)

12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Very much due to its rear engine design. What works for me is stiffening front and rear rebound, stiffen front springs slightly, higher diff preload, more rear toe-in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Marco you are more than welcome to try to get more racers involved.
    Of course you have to give your word that they are 100% clean and gentleman, we we will add them to ESR group on Steam and they are more than welcome to join the championship.

@Marco Conti are you in the ESR Steam group already ? If not send me a friend request on Steam ( Memots ) And i will add you. If you are Corrado Conti you're already on my list :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
  15. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, It actually made it a bit better!
    Still not as precise as the BMW, especially on the long straights.. But manageable.
    If you want to mix the grid up a bit I'm okay with #63 Ruf, you're choose @::SKRO:: :)

16. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan you decide! Really! Don't want to be the cause of you not being satisfied with your races! :D
    I'll hold the #23 for you till you've decided which one!

17. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    @Marco Conti
    As you said it'd be nice to have a larger playerbase to start the champ with and as @MeMotS said If you know good drivers who might want to come and race with us: more than happy!
    Thanks for your help!
    PS: don't care if beginners or Huttu clones... as long as they're fair drivers and not hothead anyone can join our ranks!

18. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm not at home right now, but I can check my actual setup and post it when I'm back if you'd like. I had the same problem, which is even worse when using a pad, but now it's actually pretty stable and I like how it can be "thrown" into corners, feels pretty close to what driving a 911 feels like to me.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Would be awesome, thanks! :)

I'm too slow to hold a grudge at you for something like that.. :D
    Put me up on the #63 Ruf

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ok, I am doing it #77 Ruf. Looking good coming in last!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1