English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The thing is.
    I was racing the ESR procar server @45min earlier tonight, and was pitting at the same time.
    That race I was gaining on the others for the last 5-6 laps to finish.
    But we wasn't as many racers on that race, so maybe I was pushing harder from the start in this one?..

2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I got utterly disconnected as well as Tim and probably others on track... Well not that I was doing an exceptional race LAWL! 34min I had my tyres to 93% Ahahah! Then God looked down and said... "I'll save thy face!" and I got d'ced :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I was enjoying it alot and the first 15min of the race was smooth for me.
    Around the 30min mark something happened though, all cars became invisible and leaderboard (positon, timedifference) were bugging out like crazy.
    I think i lost synchronization with the server and eventually it booted me back to lobby.
    Was fun as long as it lasted though =)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @ElNino ,@heppsan , @::SKRO::, @Öberg
    Were two great races , but as for allegedly lazy US-drivers : 1st race (at best european time) we were only around ten :D but guess just two or three quit - and there were of course those who didn't realize it was a longrun with pitstop and again attacked like it was a sprint, but forseeably failed early and quit :D. Was my first serious run with the Procar after Update so that I was about 3 secs slower than the fastest ones but could compensate via good pitstops/strategy (2nd both races)...and with 45mins race at 3x tyre wear there was some room to think about strategy - I love that !
    Decided to join second session after that cool first run but bumped into an impatient lagger,and we both spun - took me valueable seconds to decide if to continue or not. From 1st race I`ve seen that with three really tight stints and two pitstops I might have a chance to even get quicker drivers and switched to "cold anger mode" to floor it lol. Heppsan btw. was invisible to me almost bost races (except for the first laps first race hanging behind him - sry had to squeeze a bit cause you've cost me time :) ) and Nino gave all to stay in front of me after I caught up (stunning m8, expected you much earlier to merely drive on rims, cause with -95% worn out tyres you finally might start to lose up to ten secs a lap - nearly undriveable).Magnus on lead was driving in another world - far ahead..as far as the leader in first race (G.Melis - who came to pits at the very end and lost massively time - dunno if he was slowing down on purpose or due to totally fucked up tyres - but was too quick for me - passed finish line 11 secs ahead of me)
    Would love to do another session that way (Multiclass with Protos/Radicals and ADAC/GTR3 sth) but best with closed server and drivers who attend and STAY...no matter what...(except 4 tech. issues of course)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Some highlights!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spectacular crash I witnessed, was that you getting hit in the side @Sean Kenney?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tires bust only 2 laps to finish!.. . :eek::oops::rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Last lap action!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Wonderful Wonderful x 4
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    @Öberg Yes that has happened to me and alot of us - pretty sure its a bug in the net code for dedicated servers vs any issue with actual server since it happens on many of of the dedi's. Earlier yesterday it happened on another server and actually fixed itself a minute later.

@Fairman yes i actually surprised myself a little keeping our gap steady for a few laps - I knew you were coming, watching the split, but gave myself a shot there at the end - congrats on the pass - just wish I would have made it a bit more dramatic than me hitting the sand lol (seen in the last of heppsan photos - looks even worse than i remember :confused:)

7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan great pics. Yeah, that crash was crazy. It looks like @Myself9 and I did not have the black car that appears to hit Shannon live or in replay???

I was just driving a long, rounding that corner like an innocent lamb :) ....then all of a sudden I am in the air spinning. I was relatively pissed, lol, bc I thought whoever hit me that fast was out of control. I didn't think it was possible for Shannon to hit me like that, bc I have raced with him a fair bit, so I knew something weird happened. I kept on plugging away lap after lap, but people kept leaving....so I thought something was going on, ended up leaving bc I thought maybe we were restarting or something....this conveniently happened as I was a cow on ice skates :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah there was some heavy glitches at times, cars disappearing and appearing.
    Players saw some cars but not others.
    Got bumped a few times from a couple of guys, but it appears to look like they didn't see me at all..

But a really fun race, too bad so many had problems and got kicked out!..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    The M1 is a really interesting car to drive....not sure if it needs a physics update or that is how they are? I don't dislike them at all, the braking feels a bit weird, spongy.

Great liveries!!!

Too bad things went so odd last night technically.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I forgot to mention that my synchronization problem appeared exactly the moment I left the pit after my first pit stop (15min in, tyres 95%)
    So unless it was coincidence it would seem that going into the pit is what caused it, perhaps the server tries to "re-synchronize" with all cars when leaving the pit or something? im not sure how it works but everything was fine for me untill i pitted.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I've heard the 8PM appointment with Touring at Bathurst jumped today. Sorry for that! Father's day took priority!
    Actually... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL DADS! :D
    Second Touring/Bathurst appointment will take place tonight! See you later!

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Understandable....so the 10pm est bathhurst is still on right?

13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's on.
    Fyi I have removed the password in an effort to fill up the grid a bit.
    Racing with 7 or 8 gentlemens driver is fun but having more people is better.
    We are taking a chance and hopefully no crashers will join :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Was a good race last night. I wanted to discuss the race at the end but I had to really go and get ready for work. The end for me was so funny, not pitting and running down the tires, felt like ice. Honestly that is the most used ive driven the tires, so it was a good learning experience to see how they feel of course on an accelerated setting. I felt with the lead I could of maaaybe taken the win, but that one spin turned into an Austin Powers moment and lost so much time. After that it was I was just trying to hang on to the car and keep it straight. I know I said id leave the race early but I was very curious to what will happen, got as far as I could till it was hopeless and time to go. I normally dont like that length of racing, more of a sprinter but I did enjoy it a little bit. Thanks for hosting, take care.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Was fun for me too! I decently run the car this time and my tyre consumption wasn't that high. I've pitted one time only around the 20th min as I had 96% but maybe two would have been better. I had a blast chasing @Öberg for the last two laps (he waited for me, such a gentleman!): it was action time at every turn! With attack and double overtakes! :D
    I think this combo is great, but I can't wait @Sector3 to update the physic for these cars as they are a bit floaty compared to the upgraded ones.
    Congrats to @MeMotS : fantastic pace Wilson!!

Ps: @Sean Kenney @MeMotS I went to bed at 2.44 and woke up at 6:45. Don't starve together should be re-named Don't sleep: forever!

16. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh Oberg waited for you...that explains it...I thought I was making up some time and you guys were slowing bc you were all together.

My race was sort of taken from me on the first lap, sadly. Bad start, so I was just cruising in the back after getting the tires warm, let the pack spread out a bit etc...was going to make a move, but I got hit on last turn on the top of the hill :( I don't know if I was laggy to the person who hit me, but I lost about 18 seconds on the accident sadly and unless something happened to others, I wasn't going to catch up.

Kept plugin away and as I got up near emilio he couldn't see me, invisible....so I just left. :( sadly. 6 minutes left.

Good fun though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I hope the Bug Hammer will strike soon... Dedi servers are awesome but we have to get rid of these glitches!

18. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    sadly missed all this as life got in the way. Hope you guys do another procar night soon - they are a blast to drive.

19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well, tbh you were popping on and off in front of me (like Hepp who was practically invisible to me) and so I've send a few prayers to the God of Racing that we might not crash into another. There was a phase where I must have been right beneath Heppsan when looking at the position bar btw.....*phew* so I'm glad you took "the long route" :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I agree it was a blast! fast aggressive close racing but still keeping it clean and fair, loved it! :D

Agree, specially on Macau! imo the M1 feels perfect there.
    Id love some Macau action in the future! Procar, G5, Touring, DTM92 or GT's, pretty much anything is fun on Macau ^^
    Maybe its just me but I think its the most challenging and interesting track so far :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1