Problem (exception code 0xC0000005)..

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gopher04, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So anynews on a fix for this guys, or is it going to be like the last patch where some of miss out again trying new content, devs have not come back with any feedback on this crash.

2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It sounds like it's a system problem on your end, have a look HERE, you may find the answer to your problem.

There is also a potential fix HERE

Let me know how you get on and I'll help if I can.

3. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    It isn't my end, 1st off its only started happening since the latest patch, also Im not the only one suffering from the same error since the patch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    When is this happening? Mid game, on game launch etc?

Edit:
    Sorry, I see you've posted everything needed in another thread. I can tell you that you files you uploaded are with the developers and the issue is being looked into. Unfortunately I can't tell you when it will be fixed but the guys @Sector3 tend to be pretty good at getting on top of these things so, hopefully it won't be too long.
    Sorry I can't be of anymore help, if I hear anything about a fix, I'll let you know.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  5. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Just to let you know after many hours of trying to sort this problem out and getting no where, decided to do a clean install of RRE and that cured the problem, still using my original config files for everything but no more errors.

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Nice one, a fresh install is often a cure all. Happy racing buddy. :D

7. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh its good its working again, but abit odd I had to do a clean install to cure it when the patch seemed to cause the problem in the first place, and verify integrity game cache found no problems.

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It suggests a possible corruption somewhere, either on your system (which wouldn't be uncommon, happened to me on mine and caused pink screens :S) or in the update process that went unnoticed.
    Probably just one of those things unfortunately, I'm sure the guys @Sector3 will continue looking into it though so it doesn't happen again.

I'm just guessing there though with things that make sense to me, I could be way off the mark lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. searchkaine

searchkaine New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0