Released 07-07-2015 Raceroom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jul 7, 2015.

1. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Ok I've found why: the fullscreen mode was set to OFF

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. garytc78

garytc78 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

I've downloaded and tested the new update. Performance improvements are evident. Now I can play with all settings on maximum and even with 23 AI cars I have no more performance slowdowns or framerate drops. I use Nvidia DSR and it runs like a charm!

Thank you Sector 3!

3. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Must say,since this update I'm having terrible frame rate issues. I've never complained about this before, as I've been perfectly happy with the performance I've been getting running triple screens with a Nvidia GTX780ti. I've had a steady 60fps on every track, including Moscow and Shanghai, but not now. Just played Zolder with 17 cars on track and the Framerate is truly awful. Sometimes it reaches 60, but for the most part it's at mid 40's and often dips to well below 40, typically at the chicane and other tight sections. Absolutely rubbish.

I'm aware that the GXF settings were changed after the update and I've put them back to there original values, but performance is still terrible.

Please fix ASAP

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. garytc78

garytc78 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ladies and Gentlemen (and moderators) please, forgive me this small offtopic but I simply coudn't resist, I want to remind you who is Tim Heinemann!!!!!!!!!!!
    click on the following link to find out:
    http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=263&car_class=252&driving_model=2

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'm having a weird issue since the patch. The last couple of times I've started R3E, I get stuck on the Press any button to continue screen. I then have to CTL ALT Delete, and go back out to the main steam page, then go back to R3E and all is fine

edit- I also cannot go to the top of the screen to get to my experiences.

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Since todays patch can not get into the game anymore, get this error come up 'Game crashed (exception code 0xC0000005) dump files attached.

Attached Files:

7. Dmytro Shchukin

Dmytro Shchukin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shadows are a bit heavier for triple screen because of car shadow improvement, setting them to Medium should help.

Unfortunately we had to reset all graphic settings, might be some additional tweaking is needed, checking if full screen is On, etc

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  8. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting the same error message, but game crashes when I'm in a race. This is very annoying, I'm not only receiving fps drops (see my previous post) but I'm also getting regular crashes too now.
    Please Sector 3, get your act together. Your last 2 big updates have had huge problems. Don't start getting a reputation for not testing properly.
    I've invested a lot of money in this title, as I own every track and many cars, please don't make me regret that investment.

As for the fps drop, will try medium shadows setting, but think it's going to take a lot more than that to get the performance back to what it once was. Zolder seems to be completely screwed now.

I've uploaded my crash dump file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    @Jeneric, it's classified as beta for good reason, while the frustration of course is there, but s3s is also typically quite good at hot-fixing. It's virtually impossible to catch all things in testing, unless you spend a lot of money on it. The variances in hardware and software, drivers.. is just so epic huge in PC space. Even game companies with huge financial backings tend to screw up PC releases and updates from time to time. I would expect that every release in this beta phase where still big internal changes are done will always have a bit off fallout. That's just the nature of software development.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Right - so as suggested, I've dropped from high shadows, as used pre-patch to medium, with all other gxf settings as they were pre patch. Noticed a slight dip (about 2 frames) at the start of Shangai, while Moscow is 60 fps through out the race. This is pretty much what I was getting before the patch, except that Shangai was 60 fps throughout. Never mind, I can live with that.

What's eating me is the performance of Zolder. What ever you've done, please revert back, as in it's current form, the track is a choppy mess, unplayable for about 40% of the track. You have destroyed one of my favourite tracks in the game.

On top of this I've had 4 crashes within 1 hour.

Regarding the previous post, yes I know about software dev, I'm a QA engineer for a leading software broadcast company. But, this appears to be 2 bad update releases in the last couple of months or so. Not good, which ever way you look at it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Whatever it may be, i'm sure S3 will fix issues asap.. The last updates rather small issues were fixed within few days! :) You ever played granturismo.. You have to wait years for a bugfix, if they even become fixed.. and devs dont even answer your question in a humane way..

Be humble that they are doing all this work to provide us with a good game. And have faith that it will be solved.. Just not immediately when you ask.. :confused: Tomorrow brings another day you know..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Jeneric did you turn Full Screen back on? My FPS was low as well as I didn't realize the patch turned it off. Once I made that change I was able to turn shadows on again and everything is running smoothly so far.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yup - First thing I did, thanks.

Have you tried Zolder?

14. Mikael Hermansson

Mikael Hermansson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Any chance we could ask for your log files as well? You'll find them under [My Documents]\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log\ and should be named something like "Game_2015_07_07_19_30_54_000.log". Just zip them all together and upload them here, if possible, and we'll try and have this resolved as quickly as possible.

15. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    There you go.

Attached Files:

• Log.zip
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  16. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yes I ran a few laps with the GT2 class, 19 opponents starting at the back of the grid. No framerate issues, even tried it with high track details and didn't have any problems.

17. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just tried the update and loving the Volvo!
    And love that I Finally can choose random time of day when creating championships!!
    I did however think we would get mandatory pit stops in SP with this patch, I hope this isn't to far off?..
    Looking forward to multiclass and also hoping to see something done with the AI that no longer / rarely overtakes other AI's or takes risks!..

Haven't tried that many tracks yet but the ones I have is running well.
    But I did notice that long shadows in morning mode was appearing late (pop-in) and gone again quite quick on the AI cars when in replay.
    This with shadows and shadow split set to max..

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Just had a really fun online WTCC race at Laguna. Could tell something was different, but only after reading here do I realise it's probably the removal of some of the fake hoardings around the track. Looks fantastic, and actually draws attention more to the few ones that are there - thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the marvelous update S3S! Damn, this sim gets better and better. Really pleased.

20. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    One thing I have noticed after the last couple of updates, is that my very long waiting times have been reduced as well. Not instant start, but acceptable. Thank you. Oh and the Volvo handles better too! Need those new liveries......

• Like Like x 1