Export me a video....pleeeaaaase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gp20, Dec 29, 2015.

1. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I wonder why there is no export button into the replay section?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    because technically there is no video ........

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Mmmh... Well you need your own capture software and video editor to "export" a video. I have never heard of an in-game video editor so far...

4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    You can actually export video directly in GSCE.
    Doesn't look very good though, and you get far better results doing normal screen-grabs with capture-software.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    That's not a reason.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I don't ask for a video editor just a button that render the replay into a video file.

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is.

Just like @::SKRO:: wrote: You need a capture software for this task. Try fraps or something similar.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    It is not the best idea for a game developer to focus on rendering a video out of a replay if there are already many software about there which already do it very good :) it would be a waste of their time.

Just grab one of the free video capture software and your done :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Hummm if you don't understand why it's useful you should explain there errors to Sony and Microsoft's engineers because this is what the PS4 and the Xbox one do.

By the way i don't think that it's difficult, all is already there.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    its an honest reason , the game doesnt store a video of any description , it stores data as to what has happened , its not a video file .. the game then renders this info ingame (still not a video , just the game replaying 1's and 0's ) ie it loads the track etc then places the data on that track so its playing the game .....

so my answer was honest

Andi

11. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry but it's not a matter of being honest or not. You are just wrong, the fact that the file is not a video file is not a reason in any way. It changes nothing to the fact that all is already there to render and build a video file.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Wow another amusing thread...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    wow so the devs then need to find a way to shoe horn an extra bit of software onto the game to save you the bother of downloading a free app .....
    its the last thing id want on a list

im pretty sure some one should do a dna analysis on sim racers as hell of a lot of them seem to be 99% princess

i give up

Andi

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That's because there aren't a bunch of free video capture programs available for PS4 and Xbone so they have to come up with another way to provide that service. I'm sure they would rather not have to spend the time/resources on it if there were other options available. And on the PC there are other options available that are free and easy to use. You can get the result you want with a few minutes of effort, or we could have the devs spend hours upon hours creating a system for it instead of spending their time on flag systems and setup saves and new content (because nobody is clamoring for new features and content :rolleyes:). Seems like an obvious choice to me...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    This is because they want massiv upload of PS4 & Xbox one videos on Youtube and nothing else. I hope that you understand why.
    Now if you want to compare how many people are ready to play with a capture then an editor software in order to upload their races on youtube and people who are just ready to push a button...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    yes they do do that and want that , but because the system(console ) is limited then they have to do that .... were as pc gaming is a little different due to the fact that its not so limited , so developing that software would then be an additional cost both in time and effort for the team.
    and as there are very many more things that they could be doing to get people more involved in the game , like adding all of the base features that are needed i think this will slide very quickly down the to do or even the wish list ....

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Once you install the capture software all you have to do is push a couple buttons. It's not really any more complicated than doing it through a console, other than having to spend a couple minutes upfront to download/install the software. But apparently some people can't be arsed to exert a tiny amount of effort to get what they want. Yet somehow thousands of PC users manage to get their racing videos on youtube, they must be real go-getters. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    One of the slight differences between PCs and consoles.
    I can assure you, there are many more.

19. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Mmmh... They're quite a lot and always been doing it.. and quite successfully too! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Hey I knew my rocket science degree would have worked out just fine at some point!

• Funny Funny x 1