Problem Fanatec DD1 not detected properly ingame.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Exiled Scotsman, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had a response from Alex once in another thread and did what he asked, but never heard back - here it is:

"If you're having to run in CSW 2.5 compatibility mode, the game is obviously not recognising your wheel as a DD1 so the profile recommendations on the first post of this thread don't apply. The best thing would be to remove the need for you to run in CSW compatibility mode. That issue is because we don't have a default profile for a DD1 (or 2) with a Podium hub. However, that can be rectified. What we need is a device ID for the podium hub.

Could you assign some buttons to a profile and then find the .rcs file and upload here please?"

- I attached the files he asked for an didn't hear back. I've attached those files here as well. The DD1 profile does not work. The 2.5 does. Same equipment, just one running in PC mode and the other in 2.5. This is a DD1 wheel base with Podium Hub and Button Module Endurance. Reading the post above from Alex, he says the Podium hub might be the issue with the game?
    - If you start the sim with the DD1 in PC mode, there's a ton of messages on top says devices missing/not connected.
    -Another user suggested running R3E in "admin" mode and I'll see if that works as well. Another option is starting the sim with the base in PC mode but with the wheel off the hub, then attaching it after the sim loads. That works as well but is annoying as all get-out.

Attached Files:

2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    No Problem using a DD1 with podium hub here. It applies both DD1 possible profiles.

3. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Do you also have the Button Module Endurance?

4. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So I ran the .exe tonight as Admin and everything worked. Closed the sim and started it back up again (without admin this time) - because last time the DD1 worked in PC mode, the next time I'd boot the sim up the wheel would be "missing.". This time it worked, without needing to run as admin.

Someone else mentioned somewhere that running the .exe as admin worked so thanks to whoever that was. Hopefully it sticks on reboot too.

5. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    No

6. Agent Shizzle

Agent Shizzle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have Button Module Endurance, Podium Hub, advanced paddles on DD1. I am experiencing this issue.

I have attempted to run as Administrator but it still does not work.

PC Driver Version 402.

Device Detected if game is started without wheel\hub connected. I have not tried pluggin in Wheel after that. - its not a solution so I will wait for developer to fix properly

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  7. *****

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I also have the problem that the DD1 is not recognized. R3E sais that the FANATEC Podium Wheel Base DD1 is active device no. ID2, but it is listed as a missing device. FFB is gray in the settings.

Strange thing (developer, please explain:) It only happens when I have the BMW GT2 rim on the wheelbase when the game starts. When I have my Formula Edition 2020 or no rim at all on the base, then everything is fine. So I alway have to pull the BMW rim off before launching the sim or start with the Formula rim. That is annoying. When the formula rim or no rim is on the base while launching, I can easily switch on the fly between the rims afterwards without any problems.

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    just create a new profile for the bmw rim .......

Andi

9. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Well

I have a similar issue with my DD1, and creating a profil for each rims doesn't solve it.
    Seems that the game need the rim witch was connected to the base when it was first configured in the game to be properly functioning.
    I use the BMW Wheel and the Formula V1. I firstly configured the DD1 in-game profil with the BMW Wheel. Then I swapped (still in game) the rim for the Formula V1 and made new profil for this one.
    So I have a profil for the BMW and one for the Formula and they work well as long as I launch the game with the BMW Wheel.

As soon as I launch with the Formula, the game doesn't detect AT ALL the base, both profils show a missing device and all the bidding are gone.
    I need to quit the game, switch the rims back to the BMW and relaunch R3E, then Everything work fine, and I can hot-switch rims with no issue.

I had a CSW V2 before, and never had this issue, I could boot the game with whatever rim the base was always detected as supposed. Seems that there's something différent about how the game handle the DD bases.

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Ok we will step back , i think even though you made a new profile , it bugged due to the live swap,
    If you have the patience to try again
    Turn of the wheel , change rim , restart and reconfigure , rebind the wheel in a new controller set

Andi

11. *****

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This is not possible because the game can't find the DD1 base at all. I can't define a profile for a device that's missing. When I go back to the start screen (with unidentified DD1 base while BMW rim is on) it says on the top of the screen that a new device without profile was found and asks for a profile template. When I select "steering wheel", all axis are defined as "disconnected" because it identifies the base as a keyboard. FFB is deactivated. (see Screenshots).

Sorry if some menu names dont't match reality, I try to translate the german version of R3E.

Attached Files:

12. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Bind everything anyway , come back out go back in turn ffb on ?

Andi

13. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    AS Andi said: shut down the game
    Swap the rim
    Fire Raceroom up again
    Choose the DD1 or DD1 alternative profile
    Assign your wheel turns left and right

FFB should be there again.
    Rename this profile. I think System saved it as "copy of DD1"
    Then assign all of the other buttons

14. *****

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok that solved the mystery. I didn't dare to assign an axis when the device is marked red, but that works nevertheless. The user interface is slightly irritating here. Whatever: It works now, I have two setups for each wheel rim. Depending on which rim is on the base when the game starts, two of them are marked as missing and two as active. Crazy.

Thank you, Andi! Thank you, FormelLMS! :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  15. commonman27

commonman27 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just to give a heads up for anyone that might run into same problem as me as a new player. For me, the control profiles page was showing a "missing device" warning next to the wheelbase profile, and it seemed like when trying to manually bind the keys, I was able to successfully bind everything using the wheel except for "steer left" and "steer right". I thought it was some kind of issue with the game recognizing the wheel turning due to the "missing device" warning, but I saw a comment from BRing on the last page in this thread regarding needing to steer the wheel further left/right for it to register. That was the case for me as well and the formula wheel I'm using. Just didn't think to steer further than around halfway left / right when trying to bind it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm still having to start the game with the wheel off the hub, nomatter what I've tried.

17. Agent Shizzle

Agent Shizzle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You legend. This worked for me. Fanatec Endurance Button Module with universal bub - Thank you

18. meszrum

meszrum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You are my hero.
    This post should be sticky.