Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    $159 with USB adapter right now for black friday
    I am tempted to get it even though I recently got the Moza shifter

2. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    If I had the money, I would have taken them up on the shifter. But then they went and put the QR2 type-C at $20 and managed to get a hold of the money I did have. LOL

But yeah, that is a hell of a price for the CSS!

3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    The QR2 Lite for my WRC wheel works magnificently. The thing that puzzles me is that the design doesn't seem to protect the pins if someone accidentally puts the wheel on upside down. I didn't try to test this with the QR2L mounted on the wheel, but when I get a QR2 for my McLaren wheel, I'll do some measurements and see how far an unmounted QR2 can be inserted onto the base-side shaft, and where it stops. I remember someone on Reddit asked the community if they knew if the pins would be protected if accidentally forced on upside down. That result wasn't too reassuring. The Redditor couldn't get the QR2 to seat, but they didn't say or show how far the QR2 went before it stopped.

EDIT. I pulled the collar back and slowly attempted to seat the steering wheel while inverted, and I felt the pins make contact with the plastic receptacle.

Be careful with the QR2. Always look twice before you slam the wheel on. It looks pretty easy to break the pins if you do it wrong.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023