Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gopher04, May 31, 2018.
Looking forward to each country getting a go or two ?
I cant bid much, but bid I will!
I would like to know what was the lowest price that got through in the first auction session
if ebay pricing for Fanatec stuff is a clue, about $300-$400 more than new
seriously what is the deal?!?!?! V1.5 shifter, $199 from Fanatec, $349 on ebay, CSL base and P1 wheel, $389 from Fanatec, $749 on ebay!!!!! WHO is buying this stuff???? why are they paying MORE than new, with NO warranty?????
I got magic beans and a bridge in Brooklyn I will sell them, CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I need money for podium auction!!!
Yes Aussies everywhere! I think Pepe will be disappointed if they are expecting a bargain through the auctions. The biggest discount for the Aussie auctions was about 12% and the minimum around 5%.
Not too much to write home about to be honest.
I’m pleased to confirm that auctions for US and EU customers will commence next week! The auction for the Podium Wheel Base DD1 for Fanatec US customers begins Tuesday 13th November, from 18:00 PST (21:00 EST). This will be followed by the auction for Fanatec Europe, which begins Thursday 15th November, from 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT).
As before, each unit starts at $1 (1€ for Fanatec Europe) with no reserve.
These are the only auction sessions we have planned for these two regions.
- For those based in the relevant region wishing to participate, please create a Fanatec account in advance and log in.
- Once active, you’ll see an ‘Enter Auction Page’ button on the DD1 product page, which launches a secure bidding area hosted on Amazon’s servers, which has been thoroughly tested for stability. (Anyone can click this link to watch the bids in real-time.)
- Click to bid as many times as you wish. Each click automatically increases the price by a fixed increment of $10 (10€).
- After every new bid is placed, a 60-second timer will reset.
- If there are no new bids after the timer reaches zero, the auction ends, and the winner receives an email with details on how to complete the pre-order.
- The next auction begins immediately, starting at $1 (1€).
- There is an unlimited amount of auctions if the auction ends at $970 (970€) or higher (which is still below the regular price of $999.95 (999.95€).
- We will stop the auction sessions after 30 units (for US) and 45 units (for Europe) reach an end price below $970 (970€).
- You will be able to see the previous winning bid values.
- Any bids above the regular pre-order price are automatically invalid.
- PLEASE BID CAREFULLY. You will be prevented from bidding on another unit if you win an auction, even if this value is above the MSRP.
Standard pre-orders for both the DD1 and DD2 wheel bases are already available in all regions; the auction system is a genuine opportunity for our customers to score a great pre-order price for this cutting-edge sim hardware.
Links to product pages:
UPDATE: The US Auction is now closed, thank you for participating. As promised, 30 units sold below $970. Units ending above $970 but below MSRP were also valid; in total 60 units ended below MSRP.
Quick question when you say US is it just US or does it include Canada or any other surrounding countries ?
The auction is available to countries normally supplied by the US webshop, so Canada is included.
US folks. New laws on taxes being applied to online sales are just starting to roll out. If your thinking of a big purchase soon do it quick.
anybody want a Fanatec CSW V2.5 in Germany??
The auction system seemed to have some underhanded dealings, more like a Bot bidding than real people. I could be wrong, but bids reaching 4k just seems fishy.
Well for me ,countdown timer seemed to not be working , kept going down then up then bids were over ? It started at 6pm my time, ended maybe at 6:43pm when I posted in discord about the auction , but 50 wheels at 1 minute bid plus reload time between wheels , it should have ended atleast at 6:50pm ? waste of time imo
The auction is still going. The many of the first units had to be manually ended way above the MSRP due to overenthusiastic bidders. It is now functioning as intended, you may need to refresh your browser.
Ok I got mine after 7 hours for 961 Euro..... ..... I'm done ....... xD good night everybody .........
You got one for sale?
Depending on when they can deliver... but will be for sale 100%
Ok, let me know when it's time.
Im guessing this
is refering to this
after you saw this
But you didnt see this
IDK, but i think you got the wrong end of the stick Gopher
to make it clear... I'm selling my one year old Clubsport Wheelbase V2.5 as soon as I get the Podium DD1 in my room in Germany
(Because I can't live a day without racing xD)
No profit on my side (as long as nobody is willing to pay over 961 Euro... lel) @Gopher04
But since there is no black Friday Deal for the CSW V2.5 (Thank the Lord!!! ) it's a good option for somebody who was thinking about to get one... and I can keep one of my kidneys
Separate names with a comma.