Question FANATEC Porsche Wheel Turbo S profile/settings

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by SamuTnT, Apr 27, 2020.

1. SamuTnT

SamuTnT New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i have a question about my wheel and the controller profile/FFB profile in RaceRoom.

I've searched a bit online and in this forum also, but i can't find anything about my good old PWTS and RaceRoom together.. so what i'm asking is: is there a baseline configuration (on-wheel and in-game settings) to follow to set up the PWTS in RaceRoom?

Is there a compatible default profile i can use since there is none in game for the PWTS?

Many thanks to anyone than will reply helping me sorting this out!

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    have you made a custom profile ; if so go to

Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

in there should be your custom rcs can you upload it here

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. SamuTnT

SamuTnT New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I've looked a little bit deeper the profile/controller argument and checked the custom profile i made on the first start of RaceRoom, there's a strange thing looking at the .rcs file generated, under DeviceName[00] the value is "Fanatec USB Pedals", which is correct because i use the CSP v1, but there's nothing about the PWTS..

my setup is:
    wheel - FANATEC Porsche Wheel Turbo S
    pedals - FANATEC Club Sport Pedals v1
    shifter - Thrustmaster TH8A

(the pedals are connected via their usb cable, not thru the wheel, all the three devices are connected to an USB Hub, which is connected to a front USB port of my case, just in case this "array of connection" can be a problem)

attached you can find the custom .rcs i'm talking about (and currently using it in RaceRoom)!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i tweak it a bit closer to the porshe gt3 fana wheel ; i dont know if that will help but you can give it a go

I've looked a little bit deeper the profile/controller argument and checked the custom profile i made on the first start of RaceRoom, there's a strange thing looking at the .rcs file generated, under DeviceName[00] the value is "Fanatec USB Pedals", which is correct because i use the CSP v1, but there's nothing about the PWTS..

if you scroll down a bit more you see porsche wheel

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. SamuTnT

SamuTnT New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You're right! Sorry i didn't go further on the .rcs!

So about the profile, i've done a sort of scientific test this morning... i've removed the profile i had in \MyGames\...\ControlSet and started fresh new, i then used the profile of Thomas Jensen's FANATEC CSW v2.5 from this thread as is (modifying only the device ids with mines and keeping his ffb settings) and compare it to the one you've, very kindly, done and these are my sensations:

"testing enviroment" is GT3R 2019, as suggested by Thomas, on Bathurst, then i've tested a WTCR 2019 Hyundai i30N again on Bathurst, both cars tested with Thomas's base profile and your Turbo S tweak.

Thomas's profile:

PROs
    • very smooth sensations, especially on straights on Bathurst
    CONs
    • too smooth sensations on corners (especially with WTCR)
    • no feedback from understeering (especially with WTCR)

your Turbo S tweak:

PROs
    • great understeer feeling, almost perfect with WTCR
    • good general sensations of "force"
    CONs
    • a lot, really a lot, of FFB Clipping with the GT3R, all the high speed turns are clipping, (i've tested also Monza, and to give you and idea the Curva Grande and Parabolica are both over the red line in the FFB tool, for the entire length of the turn)
    • the straights at Bathurst are really beating my arms up with the GT3R, little less with WTCR, one of the reasons i also tested Monza was to try a smoother surface and things were a lot better, so i'm assuming that the problem is Bathurst and not the ffb settings? i think that somewhere in the middle between what i get from your one and what i get from Thomas's one wuold be perfect!

There is one last thing i'd like to know, your starting profile you said is for the GT3 Wheel, is it this one? Because it should really be like my Turbo S "on the inside"! Do you know what are the on-wheel setting for the Tuning menu? I use these ones i found on the FANATEC forum for RaceRoom (again, unfortunately not for the Turbo S nor the GT3, but i use the ones for the most similar wheel listed there):

SEN - OFF (it goes from 270 to 900, and OFF is to let the game set the degree of rotation)
    FF - 100
    SHO - 100
    DRI - 003
    ABS - 100
    LIN - 000
    DEA - 0
    SPR - 0*
    DPR - 0*

*these two setting have the following values: OFF, -4 to 4, and 0 should be, as i've understood searching the internet, corresponding to 100%!

Sorry for the never ending reply, i hope our efforts will help someone else with these still good working old piece of equipment!

Thanks!

6. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    set dpr and spr to 100
    dri -1

as for the gt3 or any car in the car setup menu ; drop the ffb multiplyer until it stops clipping
    also you can try raising the steering rack in ffb settings up to but not above 40%

Andi

7. SamuTnT

SamuTnT New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    so i should leave them to 0 as now? because i don't have that value (100) in the tuning menu for dpr and spr, i have: OFF, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4...

DRI also didn't have negative values,it has: OFF, 001, 002, 003, 004, 005

the firmware i have on the PWTS is v756 which is the last one released for the wheel.

8. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    try 1 for both dpr and spr dri try 1

9. SamuTnT

SamuTnT New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i'll try! but these you're talking are to improve your profile or Thomas's one? because as i've understood so far this will stiff up more the wheel.. i think... i'll try anyway!

Thanks!

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    technically , dpr /damper should be on so the game can send its settings to the wheel ; and as before turn down the ffb in the car setup multiplyer , and by using the rack you can tweak a bit more

im running this blind really just from a slight understanding of tweaking and fanatec wheels
    Andi

11. SamuTnT

SamuTnT New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Just a little follow up, i've managed to get a good feeling in general with some obvious per car adjustments in the multiplier, my settings are:

PWTS Tuning menĂº:
    SEN - OFF
    FF - 100
    SHO - 100
    DRI - 001
    ABS - 100
    LIN - 000
    DEA - 0
    SPR - 0
    DPR - 0

In game FFB: followed Thomas's general guide but with general force to 80% instead of 60%.

Unfortunately Andi your tweaked profile was really really too strong and was clipping most of the time with mosto of the cars!