Problem From one day to the other Raceroom stopped working

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lino Carreira, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Basically the game stopped working over night, dont have any ideia what changed.

Already reverted to previous drivers for my SLI nvidias 970
    Already deleted entire folder on documents/simbin/Raceroom
    Already deleted local files and reinstalled..

Usually it hangs on the launcher 90% of the times on the car/track loading screen the line with dots is frozen
    and never reaches the game

what can i test further to try and identify the problem ? bit nasty have all the tracks and90% of the cars if not more..grrr

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Do you have another Video card you can swap and test ?
    I usually have a couple pc running at my house. So when something like that happen. I revert back to my old card and see if the issue is still there. ( of course clean driver install is a must )
    You always gotta do the process of elimination.

3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    You could try taking your cards out of SLI, SLI isn't currently supported anyway (I'm guessing you were playing with SLI before anyway so it's a long shot).

4. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    well. Since it is tá launcher hanging im betting more on some component is the launcher also Gpu related? Or is it Java? Flash or something like that?

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, is the screen and system really frozen or is the game stucking in that loading-screen? If it just stuck in that screen maybe just try to restart your Router...

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I'll be honest, I don't know lol. As it's loading though, I imagine (or it makes sense to me) that the GPU or/and CPU should be being used, it's worth trying at any rate, if it makes no difference, at least you can rule it out as a cause. :)

7. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Nope the launcher stops responding even when i press options, sometimes even on the initial screen with device connected.. would love some official steps on how to check what is going on ?

8. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ok changing resolution to another one other then my native res of 3440x1440 fixes the launcher, so i changed to 2560 and the launcher started functioning and i was able to launch the game, reverted back to 3440 and the launcher itself freezes in random places, for example when i press racerroom racing experience the menu shows up but the usual video or animated image behind goes black and freezes and no button responds, sometimes im able to go further and get to launching the game but those circles show up freezed and nothign happens... thats weird :/

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @Lino Carreira yeah, that seems very strange. Good that you got to the bottom of it though, your last post may also help others who experience the same problem so top marks for that too. :)

10. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well actually i still have the problem, why does the launcher hangs in my native resolution of 3440x1440 ? it didnt .....

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Try to switch between full screen and not full screen in the graphic menu ( where u change the resolution )

12. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Tried doesnt fix it.. am completel lost now... why is the launcher all of a sudden hangin on 3440x1440 ? :/

Even did a clean install of Nvidia latest drivers...

13. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Noone from sector3 can give me some hints ? all other sims on this pc are working ok.

14. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Is there another support forum ?

15. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Here is the place to be @Lino Carreira
    Did you try to clean the old logs (i think they're in /my documents/my games/something...

Then launch the game, wait for it to happen and then zip and post the logs here. It would help DEVs.

16. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ok glad to know im barking at the right tree...

Yes i deleted the entire folder and reinstaled the game, the symptoms remain, what logs are we talking about ? because theres no crash log, usually it hangs and i have to kill RRR*.* processes to be able to rerun it ....

Usually when the shader thingie in userdata is deleted the menu functions untill i reach the load screen after the launcher, if i leave it there the launcher itself hangs randomly in several places, but when it hangs on the launcher i can ALT+F4, if its after i press go or Ready or whatever it just hangs on the screen with the dots animation on the lower left corner, and this animation is completely frozen... now i have no clue why this is related to the resolution since in 2560x1080 it works ok, but, thats not what i want, it was working ok in 3440x1440 ... would really love some input on this.... getting pretty desperate here..

I have all the experiences and packs, all the tracks and cars ( think i dont have like 6 cars orso ) so i am not asking for support for the free version, on the contrary ..

17. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So i found some logs but i see that after 12/02/2015 they are non legible, i supose thats normal since it coincides wiht a major patch.. now if only someone from Sector 3 could provide some help... i dont even know what to attach here.. seriously, one entire day withouth noone looking into the forum ?

18. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    If you use a screen ful hd PC 1920/1080. Imposivel to play more than 1920/1080 I have or the same problem with the TV HD cest posivel not with the screen Pc 1920/1080, the game(set,play) blocks(surrounds).

19. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    m8, i am playing with a curved 34" monitor, 3440x1440 is the Native resolution.

20. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    If they are the game logs they would be encrypted. We'll need to get 'em and decrypt them so see what's in there.
    If you wish you can send us these logs through our help desk: http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/index.php/
    One of my colleagues will be able to continue helping you through there.

As the game is not crashing and producing any crash dumps, we might need to look into the Microsoft Event Viewer to see if it catches anything of this issue.

To start the Event Viewer, just open the start menu and start typing "Event Viewer" into the search field. It should show up fairly quickly. Once you've started the program you'll see that it is divided into three different sections. In the left-most section you'll see a list of folders. First, click the arrow next to the "Windows Logs" folder to expand that hierarchy. In the sub-set of icons that appears, click the Application icon. This will show you a list, in the middle section of the program, of the events that Windows has recorded for different running applications. Looks for any who are labeled error or warning on the date and time when you experienced this issue.

If you find any such error, select it in the list and look at the bottom half of the middle section of the program. In this section a description will be shown. Click the "Details" tab and copy-paste or take a screenshot of the information in there and send it to us.

If you do not find any such errors or warnings in the Windows>Application section, you can also check under Custom views>Administrative events.

• Like Like x 1