Problem Game deleted after purchasing DTM Experience 2014

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lucas Laprano, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Lucas Laprano

Lucas Laprano New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Greetings!

I've recently installed Raceroom in Steam and I played it for the most part of the week. Shortly after I installed the game, I made an in-game purchased of the "Legends Experience" pack, and had absolutely no problems.

Earlier today purchased DTM Experience 2014 pack under Steam's downloadable content, and unfortunately, right after my purchase, my whole game was suddenly deleted for no apparent reason, and everything started re-downloading. The weirdest thing is that under the directory Steam > steamapps > downloading there is a 23 GB folder, named as 211500.

Am I going to have to download the whole 20 GB of the game again? Or is this the way the game installs extra content?

2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Hello and welcome!Probably something was corrupted when you purchased the DTM pack.I can't see how you can avoid downloading the whole game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lucas Laprano

Lucas Laprano New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I wonder how things got corrupted, as I had just stopped playing the game. You think buying DLC's directly through Steam couldn't cause that type of error?

Thanks for your quick reply!

4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    The DLC content is already on disk.Buying the content from Stam or the Raceroom store just "unlocks" for use.Chances are something failed during that "unlocking" process and Steam just messed File Integrity and redownloaded everything.

5. Lucas Laprano

Lucas Laprano New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you VERY MUCH for your reply, it does make complete sense! Now that I'm aware of how it works, I won't be freaking out anymore!

Again, thank you very much for your support!

• Like Like x 1
  6. maciejptx

maciejptx Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    you dont have to download anything , first turn off steam , than just copy all the content from steamapps/downloading/211500

to your game folder in steamapps and delete this /211500 folder and its done , there are a lot of videos on how to "restore" game on steam without downloading if you don't know how to do that , good luck :)

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I think it might have been the update yesterday that did it, not the DLC.
    Haven't had time to start R3E until just now, and my game had disappeared as well.
    And since I haven't touched it in a week or so, it stands to reason to suspect something got screwed up during the patching.

8. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Do you mean the game just disappeared from your library?

We didn't patch anything yesterday and from what I can see the latest Steam client update was on 19th of January.

But I can see a Steam Client Beta update that happened yesterday/today. It doesn't seem to include anything that might have caused this but it does have one change for Steam Library

Library

• Fix sort order for games that start with punctuation or Unicode characters.

But our game doesn't start with a punctuation nor Unicode characters.

Can you guys (who had the game disappeared from their library) confirm whether you're using regular steam or opted in to Steam beta? You can check your Beta participation under Account in Steam Settings.

9. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Standard Steam account in my case.
    I just saw the update thing in another thread and assumed that was the cause. Admittedly never checked whether it was Beta or not.
    At any rate, I last played R3E Sunday 19th, and when I tried firing it up again yesterday it was gone.
    Or rather, it had been moved to the downloads/211500 folder, for some inexplicable reason.
    No biggie, but it does look like Steam screwed the proverbial pooch somewhere along the line.

10. Lucas Laprano

Lucas Laprano New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey there!

So I think I found out what was causing the problem for me, which is the exact same thing that happened to CheerfullyInsane.

After I re-downloaded Raceroom, the same problem happened to Automobilista (Reiza) after it updated that day. Some files had been moved, and every time I tried to re-download them, Steam gave me a CONTENT LOCKED error.

In the end, it seems it was all Avast's fault, because after I disabled all Avast modules, Automobilista's files were moved back to the right directories and all worked fine.

By the way, Sonat, I was using Steam standard as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Lucas Laprano

Lucas Laprano New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I would highly recommend that you try disabling your antivirus (especially if it is Avast) and checking if the files were moved back to its prior location. I know it seems like a no-brainer, but considering that you had the exact same problem as I did, it's worth trying.

12. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    this is strange. I haven't been on the game for a week and turned it on today and my game is showing as deleted. same as above the 23 gb folder is still there. steam is asking to reinstall. Standard steam here ,not beta.

13. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I didn't look at the exact folder the game was in just the size of the main folder.. so I'm going to have to relocate it ?? I'm confused to why this happened.

14. Lucas Laprano

Lucas Laprano New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Are you, by any chance, using Avast?

15. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    no I'm not. what is it ? an anti virus or something.

16. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I doubt it's Avast.
    First of all, I have an exception for the entire Steam folder in Avast to avoid this kind of thing.
    Second, why only affect R3E? I have at least 8 other games installed that have been updated within the same time-period with no problems, including AMS, and there is nothing in the log-files indicating anything.

17. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    so the solution is ......???

18. aloaz

aloaz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Avast. Here, no doubt, fact.
    upload_2017-2-24_9-27-30.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Maybe in your case, but not universally.
    As I said, I have an exception for the Steam folder.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    and when one doesn't have avast what does one do ?