Question Gamepad X1 + Vibrations

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Felix Azur, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would love for an official comment on this, any Sector3 employees want to comment or add anything to this ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I've already quoted what Sector 3 said to me

3. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well yes, ive read that. But i was kind of hoping that someone would show up from Sector3 with new information or at least some information saying they are working on it.

As ive stated before an X1 controller is my only viable option...

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The point is not everyone gets it working, Windows 10 is creating all sorts of problems with Xbox controllers in a variety of games (Halo, Dark Souls etc.). If you google "Windows10 Xbox controller problems" or alike you will find loads of reports about Win10 drivers being flawed, and also loads of supposed fixes. F.e.:
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/30...ox-one-controller-forces-microsofts-hand.html

So I can totally understand that the team refuse to work on this as long as MS don't get their shit together and manage to release a stable driver for their own darn hardware.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    While i do kind of agree with you, all games that i use a gamepad(X1) for actually works just fine on my computer. (including dark souls)
    I am not trying to say that there is no problems but its not that bad so that it affects everybody either.

Also googling any computer/hardware product with the word problem will net you a result, just because of all the different configurations out there, everything will never work for everybody at the same time.

I am not trying to shame anyone here or call anyone out, i am just a bit saddened that i will not play Raceroom on my fully function computer with my fully functioning X1 pad because somebody else has driver trouble...

hopefully one day there will be a solution but the way this conversation goes makes it apparent that it wont be soon.

6. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I'll give them the XBox One controller problems, but why they f*d up the 360 too which was working perfectly fine!? No drivers updates from Microsoft for it, so it's just their fault there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    True, but from what I've seen it doesn't look like a rare occurence. When I find 20+ pages, all showing more or less the same thing (Win 10 drivers causing malfunctioning gamepads, not even limited to MS hardware but f.e. F710 as well) then I'm inclined to believe there really is sth going wrong on their end. All of what I'm saying is not based on hands on experience as I don't own a MS gamepad, nor do I use Win 10, but again, from what I've read on the issue to me it doesn't sound like the game producers are the ones to blame here.
    What OS are you using and what problems do you encounter with the x360 controller in RR?

8. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Win10, problem is that rumble is almost dead. Works only for slip and rumblestrips. Everything else, bumps, engine, brakes, shift jolts, which were working before last update (31th of march) do not work any longer. When you drive on a straight you feel basically nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^ This. Having said that even just having the slip and rumblestrip effects is incredibly useful, I spin off for more easily when using the Xbox One controller, even though it has much less jerky steering, due to more precise thumbtacks, as it has no vibration effects at all currently. Hope that Microsoft sort out the driver/firmware support for this on PC soon so that R3E can support this properly.

Because of all the controller issues in R3E, I'm considering getting a wheel, though my available space is so limited (and is shared with my wife) that I will only be able to have a wheel setup some of the time.

10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW @Christian Töpfert - I have tried playing with my old Logitech Rumblepad 2 in R3E, using your settings, but just couldn't get on with using the right stick for throttle/brake (it doesn't have analog triggers), felt too much like trying to rub your stomach whilst patting your head... Also the rumbles feel a bit strange (but strong!) on this gamepad, but maybe that was just the settings I was using. The sticks are quite precise and nice and stiff, though.

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :D
    I will put in a request to have another look at the rumble effects of the existing x360 profile, maybe there is sth going on they can rectify, cause if there's some FFB info coming through, it doesn't sound right that not all of it gets processed.

• Like Like x 3
  12. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate, appreciated ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0