Released Group 5 Class update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Hey Welcome @Captain Zero :) nice story, I had a blue RM250 from the same series and it was such a fun bike - had a Yammie XT500 before that - but the Suzie was more fun as the thumper was too much of a handful for me back then being only slight of build :D being a 60's child I also love those old Classics and especially the 77 Greenwood.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Blanes! Your XT500 sounds like my XL500 Honda that I cruised the streets on. That was about 10 years after the motocross days. It was a trail scrambler with lots of power. :) My bike now is a 2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited - it's my "Honey" now...I divorced the last Honey I had before that. lol
    Blanes, you probably raced the GT Legends and Power and Glory? I love those games and still play PnG3.

It is great being member of Sector 3. They really know their stuff! And there are great people here, such as yourself too.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Got a XT600 sat in my garden, can't beat the old thumpers for a bit of fun of course not as much fun as the race prepped Tuono R LE sat next to it! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pascal Auger

Pascal Auger Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This car is so fun :)
    Thank you Sector3 !

• Like Like x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the XT models are the best. I like this Ducati version: http://www.bikeexif.com/yamaha-xt600
    Looks fun as hell...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    This physics update is exactly what the Group 5 cars needed, especially the Fabcar. They were actually too much before (and they were everywhere) . Great!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Updated Salzburgring is so slippery now. But laptimes haven't gone down too much, thanks to more space between concrete barrels on chicane :) I would say that this track is perfect now in terms of how much grip and traction those cars have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Be ok but keep getting penalized on second part of chicane, moved barrel but now I keep getting slow down or drive through. That apart finding times similar to pre-update but a bit more work needed to get there, perfect! (apart from the barrely bit that is)

10. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I made a little poll in our french community Racingfr, just to have an idea if i'm the only one that don't like this physics update :oops:, i asked that only those who tested the Group 5 before and after give a vote.
    30 guys have voted, it's not huge but not all the members are racing with Raceroom and own the Group 5 pack, and the result is that about 1/3 like those cars now, and 2/3 prefer the previous version o_O.
    Maybe not really significant, but it's a fact that this update divide the community :rolleyes:...

It's not really about realism, we don't really know how those monsters are reacting with hands on the steering wheel (but I doubt that they are easiest to drive than GT2 or WTCC cars like it's actually the case :confused:), it's about the feeling we have with the cars, before the update we had a great banana smile when driving, the cars was tricky and we feel happy to master them, and know the cars are just "sanitized", they feel like piloting GT3 cars with a bit more power, we can make driving errors without being sanctioned, braking hard in curves, downshifting 2 or 3 gears at once without blocking tires, etc...
    And of course, clutch don't work, we can shift without clutching, but I hope it's just a temporary bug (I play with clutch and H Shifter of course, what else :D ?).

The GTO class still have a great part of this lost feeling of old Group 5, so why are the Group 5 now so insipid after being more bestial than the GTO before the update?, are the GTO now unrealistic :eek:?!!

Me and my "racing friends" we are so disappointed, we bought those great cars with a fantastic feeling the day they launched them, and now Sector3 changed everything about the feeling, and we don't have anymore the desire to drive them, it's like "modifying a contract after signed" :(, so what can we do :confused:?...

As I said in my previous post, usually I like very much the updates of the game and I say a great thanks for the pleasure that the game give me since two years after the goods physics updates, but for this one I don't understand what you have done :oops:, and if those cars stay like this, maybe i will ask to be refunded but of course that's not that me and my friends are waiting for.

Thanks!

• Disagree x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    A lot of this is personal and subjective, reverse the scenario, imagine buying them as they are now, then S3 update them to how they were, i have to be honest i only drive the Capri, but the other way around i think the outcry would be much, much louder.
    A lot of subtle changes in the car handling & performance, now a really enjoyable car to drive but push it too hard and it will flick around and bite you on the bum. Pushing it before was a serious chore, a fun one at that but a chore, now it is less of a chore and much more fun, i know which i prefer!
    As for realism, after watching a video or two of the capri in real races i never see the driver struggling to control the car as I (we) did prepatch, not saying they were easy to drive but they at least looked controllable, as they are now, again, subjective, it looks and drives the way i imagine it does for those guys when watching the vids.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's rre with all the cars though they are all very forgiving. You have to be really clumsy to spin or have moments in these cars.

Compare the ams boxer to rre ruf. Rre car is very calm collective and quite easy to push really hard. Ams is very intense the harder you push, and mistakes will be found if clumsy nearer this threshold

I like the new ffb in rre now its probably one of my favorite feelings from a wheel. But the physics, there's just something holding rre back from being the (don't want to say hardcore) purest handling out there.

Leaps n bounds from its inception vo and as mentioned very fun to play even if it sacrifices authenticity

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
  13. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I would not know what one of these cars feels like, the new physics is growing on me though. I miss the old corvette, but the new Chevy dekon monza is way too much fun, I can't stop driving this car. I have found a new toy to play with until another car from one of the other classes strikes my interest.
    I was really happy with the gto mustang till the g5 update, now they seem so bland

14. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Being forgiving to drive doesnt mean it is unrealistic or hard to drive is realistic.The G5s are still considerably difficult to drive than most cars in R3E. In the mean time, the Boxster cup in AMS is based on Carrera Cup, the Ruf is based on 997 GT3. Both cars are considerably different in real life because Carrera Cup does not have any electronic assists enabled. GT3 has to have electronics assists turned on which made it a lot easier to drive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I'll tell you my experience I went to de store and i took the BMW G5 when i started driving it I thougt that Isellecyed wrong the difficulty and I was driving it in Amateur but I was drivig it atGet Real thats how the new physics feels like Amateur physics

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    The lack of a working clutch/gearbox is what makes those cars to easy to drive, compare to the GTO (Nissan, Mustang)
    While you can shift up or down more or less whenever you want in the G5 (even worse with sequential and auto clutch) you will be punished in the GTO:s if you don't do it right (however, it is equally easy with sequential and auto clutch).

The most realistic cars when it comes to how the gearbox / clutch works is the GTO:s and the junior. But only with h-shift and clutch . With sequential and auto cluth it is basically impossible to lock the rear wheels.

The performance between h-shift/clutch and sequential/auto cluth should be balanced and all cars with H-pattern should work like the GTO:s and the junior does.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    but all the cars in RRE feel like theres hidden assists?!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  18. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Of course a feeling is subjective, but what I see is that in our community and friends we are a majority that sharing this feeling :oops:...
    Before the physics update, I've seen nobody to complain about those physics, they accepted and loved these cars like they are, of course the Fabcar was tricky, but it was very fast too, the Monza was tricky too but a great challenge, now, like said by others guys on other posts, we feel like "amateur or electronic assisted physics" with manual clutch and H Shifter.
    Videos too are subjective, I've seen the same videos posted in this thread, and where you don't see difficulty, I see a twitchy driver that constantly give a lot of little corrections on the steering wheel, and we don't see his feet, i'm pretty sure he don't push the gaz like we can do actually :oops:...
    One more time, it's not about realism, it's about feeling, and now me and my friends are feeling this wrong, you can disagree if you want, I try to debate with my poor english level, but the cars have lost all the characteristic charm they had, and it was because of this that we (me and friends) spent a lot of money in this game and now we just start to regret this, especially if all the game go in this direction... I can accept that GT3 are a bit "easier" than in other games because they are modern cars with assisted electronics, but i can't believe that we can master monsters like group 5 cars on the Nordschleife most easily than GT2 or WTCC cars :confused: (and i'm far to be a good pilot!).

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  19. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    People who complain should learn to make setups which are not as safe as the defaults.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    The other thing too, is I have recently changed pedals and the difference between the two is huge.

Point being, is there are so many settings to give you the feeling that you want.... Car set up, game settings, pedal driver settings etc...

It is pretty easy to make a car feel like its on ice skates in all the games...imo.