Higher than 15 fps load screen ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jan 14, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    While in VR having the 15 fps load screen is almost painful to look at if you move your head .
    Could this be lifted to at least 30 or why not 90 fps ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Also how to reduce to world movement ? Is it only the camera movement from in the key bindings ?

3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    It’s sadly a very manual process and needs to be done per car. But it can be done and blended between lock and not.

“open 'cockpit_driver_view.xml' or 'cockpit_driver_view_triple.xml' in cars/carname/cameras folder in a text editor

find this:
    <orientationSpeed type="Vector">{0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000}</orientationSpeed>

and replace the values with 30.00000000 50.00000000 10.00000000 (pitch, yaw, roll)”

It took me about 10 minutes to complete for all cars.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Just like i remembered , a very helpful forum :)
    Thank You for your help , this solved my world movement .

Cheers .

Now just the 15fps on load screens thanks ,lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand, what's the problem with world movement? We have buttons for this... or is this a different world movement than in the xml files? What exactly do they change? In game I set world movement to 10 and that's very comfortable for me in VR. at 0 it's too static for me. So what does editing the XML files change? I would like to get visual cues about bumps on the track etc.

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can lock the view to the horizon, so the horizon itself never shakes, which it still does even if you set the in-game setting to 0. Some people are very sensitive to such movements it seems and you can eliminate them through those camera edits.

I tend to reduce the horizon shaking so that it only really moves if you're hitting a bigger bump, cause that's what I find the most realistic, because irl smaller commotions are filtered/smoothened by the eye and brain but larger ones will still make the world around you jump.

Regarding the 15 fps limited loading screens, iirc the fps were limited due to some unwanted effects beforehand, there were some errors (or even crashes, can't remember exactly) due to those screens being unlimited. (Basically, I think the fps were going through the roof on some systems.) However, I'll forward your request to raise that limit, if only in VR mode. Sounds like it makes sense and should be doable.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018