How much you would pay for Porsche

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drei, Feb 14, 2015.

1. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    if you put it 269,980 euros, this should be possible with the gt3 r ... control plus understood

---

wenn du 269.980 euro drauflegst, sollte das mit dem gt3 r möglich sein...plus steuern versteht sich

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    "Exxon" (Mobile) complaining about "EA" ?
    That must be a real life Satire ! :rolleyes:
    Or what Germans call "Schildbürgerstreich"...

But back to topic : No, I would pay nothing more than a regular prize - "licenced" or not...
    Ruf and Fabcar are totally okay, even if I love to drive "licenced" Porsches...

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Nothing, since the price they'd ask would be astronomical. Substance over style is surely the way to go with this sim. We all know what a Ruf is anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    It is not about the S3 license alone bekomm but there would be such a solution as at Audi where several providers are likely to incorporate race car into play.:) We're all at all just happy that we have RUF in S3.;)
    I wonder what this thought then EA to give Porsche's rights. The man at Porsche would have to get the notice.:mad:

6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd guess Porsche will either sign with EA again or go with Microsoft or Playstation in another exclusivity agreement. EA, MS, and PS I'd guess have bags of money they can and will throw at Porsche.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Porsche should pay for the priviledge of having some of their cars in this game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd think Porsche would want their cars in more "track" racing games as opposed to street racing games. Sorry but having played the NFS games, Simbin did Porsches and Ferraris so much better in GTR2 than EA could have ever hoped to do. Porsche needs to take a good hard look at their base and sell the license to that. People who play NFS probably don't care about the Porsche license whereas people who play Sim racing games would love to see Porsches running around tracks. It's no wonder the illegal porsche mods are so popular in Assetto Corsa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. marshma11ow8

marshma11ow8 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah and remember to buy the 919 hybrid in real racing 3 it's in excess of $100 Australian dollars idk what that is in anything else
    So yeah great marketing

10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Jeez! What would you pay for a car you did like? o_O

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @itsmedavetn "Forbidden Fruits", its a psychological effect you shouldn't underestimate - maybe if Porsche would't behave like a bitchy greedy lady many wouldn't even care for ....but besides: why throwing even more money into their throat ? Just remember who can afford a Porsche or Ferrari in real Life: rich Snobs & Mobsters/their cocain dealers (to impress their young girlfriends) mostly ;) :D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I don't think Porsche will make the same mistake again i.e. exclusivity with EA. Why would a luxury car brand want their vehicles solely in games about illegal street racing and out-running cops?

Forza and Gran Turismo would be obvious places for them. Games that can show off the whole Porsche range and make them look very pretty to millions of people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Alessandro Greghi

Alessandro Greghi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I don't think i'm willing to pay more than for the others brands, honestly; i like porsche, but don't have a major value for me than, for example, audi or mercedes; only my 2c :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    If they can get something for nothing, they will. They have to pay for the P1 programme somehow :p

As for another exclusivity deal, don't count on it. I think they've been burned by the EA deal they signed, and if they are out of it and back in control of their IP, then they'll be massively relieved.

Think of it another way; if they can get €10 from one publisher, or they can get €5 from T10, €5 from EA, €5 from PD, €3 from SMS and a few cents from various others, why bother tying themselves to one mast again? In addition to making more money, they're also spreading the brand wider.

Whether they'll make it affordable for smaller devs such as Kunos and S3 remains to be seen. One thing I will say is that Porsche are spending a lot at the moment on motorsport and should, hopefully, be wanting to vastly support their position of being a 'sporting' brand again.

15. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    If rumors of the Porsche/Ea deal running its course are true I think that Ea will probably try to renew the deal with a lucrative offer and then sub-license the cars to other devs who can pay their asking price to make up the money.What remains to be seen is if Porsche heads are satisfied with the current deal and what they are expecting to gain from the open market.In the end I m afraid that it will end in bidding war between the Big 3(EA, Sony, Microsoft) and the smaller devs like Kunos or our own S3S will have to be satisfied with Rufs or other tuners(Gemballa etc).

16. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I am talking here only to S3 and the game RRE. I just hope that no matter who it is a Porsche says that many publishers interested have installed on the cars of Porsche into play. It would be nice if Porsche would also think about others and not just to a publisher. I guess even the Porsche should have more interest a publisher to vrkaufen the trademark rights the program a simulation as a manufacturer makes only Arcade Games.

17. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    At least for licensing entire racing series (like ADAC GT Masters or WEC) it should be possible for a developer studio to get a Porsche license. A GT/LMP racing series without Porsche isn't complete.
    Porsche shouldn't sell its soul to EA again. I don't get why Porsche doesn't care about seeing its cars only in unrealistic cop chase arcade racers.
    Porsche has won the 24h of Le Mans and Porsche cars belong to racing circuits and deserve an authentic racing experience.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Because Porsche I don't feel cares much about portraying themselves in authentic light. They'd rather have large sacks of cash in the corner in Stuttgart and let folks drive away from the police in a Porsche than have folks driving away from an Audi at Lemans, or driving away from an Audi in ADAC. The sad part of it is we're Porsche's target audience, not the folks who play the NFS run from the police game, and they don't seem to notice that.

19. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    At the end of the day they are a business and whatever brings them the most money they will do. Brand protection/purity means very little to most modern, large companies that sell a large amount of product/services.

Also, many of the 'why don't they care about seeing their cars in poor light' comments don't take into account that realistically the Need for Speed series of games hits an incredibly different market share than sim racing games does. And the overlap between sim racing game players and actual racing event viewers will be large enough that, from a business standpoint, it doesn't matter as much if you have your brand in both places or just one place.

As much as I'd like to see Porsche do away with their silly exclusivity, I can't see EA being all that willing to part with it considering they still have some companies, like Forza, willing to shell out the money to deal with EA for individual rights.

20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    The speculation, though, is that it might have been a 15 year contract that runs out at the end of this year. So EA likely don't have a choice. It's not particularly new speculation either (https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...with-aston-martin-in-r3e.850/page-2#post-9232), but it has been rather quiet of late.

Of course Porsche care about how they're portrayed, but the way they market themselves changes over time. I don't know for sure, as I don't sit in their boardroom, but I do work in marketing and saw at the end of the 2000s Porsche were pulling out of motorsport, and developing large executive cars such as the Cayenne and Panamera. This was a big shift for them and required adaptation in their marketing approach.

Arguably, they did too good a job, doing well in selling these cars but detracting from the reputation that they had built as a cool, sporting brand. Which possibly explains why now, they have a huge P1 programme, they're running works GTE cars (having only run semi-works efforts in the 996 and 997 days) and are planning their fully works assault on the N24 next year. Porsche are trying to reclaim their sporting image, or one of 'Intelligent Performance' to be precise, and video games can play a large part of that if they use the IP their motorsport department has created in the correct places. This is my interpretation, but I'm fairly strongly convinced.

If you look at the most heralded additions to the Real Racing game, they have been the 919 and 991 and it wouldn't surprise me to see them want to include these in as many sources as they feel they can gain maximum profit for. Obviously, they're not going to give them away for free, but if you follow the example of other VAG brands (especially Audi, who have massively changed their position in the market over the last decade), they may well have seen the benefits that can be reaped by not being too exclusive.

• Like Like x 1