How much you would pay for Porsche

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drei, Feb 14, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I think a better question is how much would you pay for a japanese tuner series with rx7 fc's vs AE86's

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Literally nothing. To answer your question ;)

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    They would have to pay me.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Dunno man, prolly a lot...but "lot" is pretty relative... if you go to a BurgerKing or McDonalds you pay 10 euroes for 5 minutes of "plasticeating joy".... i have around 36000 km-s on my record in this game (dunno how accurate is that) many days of joy with huge smile on my face ... so lets say i pay 100 euro for one of my favourite car, and i drive it for 5 days (which is achievable in a racing game like R3e easily), it means that car costs me 7 cents per every 5 minutes....and it doesn't cause cancer...:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't pay any extra for Porsche. In the virtual world there's very little difference to me between cars in the same general category. It's not like I buy virtual cars for the great sounding sound system, the feel of the heated seats, the navigation screen, the warranty, or ... :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Actually I paid $20 something dollars for Porsches in Assetto Corsa.

7. Madruben

Madruben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn`t give a single cent to Porsche, they should be grateful to the Devs that their cars show up in a good sim. They should be making money selling their cars and not licences. Also if customers want to have porsches so much Devs could make similar cars with similar names. For example SMS with PCars have some circuits with different names because of licenses issues. So people can enjoy the content they want giving the money to the people who have worked and deserve it.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    So the Porche designers and engineers who designed and built the cars didn't work hard or deserve compensation for their creation?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Whilst I agree with your principle, they have Ip that someone wants to use; that transaction is only going one way in the real world.

Don't think the Nissans, Chevys, BMWs and so on are in the game for free.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Of course they do. But a reasonable one, please. All goods have a price that comes from supply and demand. In this case the price seems to be a bit too high for the general demand. And we shouldn't forget that having their cars in good racesims is a kind of advertising for them too. But as I learned from several discussions here, Porsche is a victim of a stupid decision they made in the past too. So in the case of Porsche the manufacturer is not the only one to blame for this license desaster. I don't think they are happy with the outcome of the EA deal.

I'm not quite sure about Ferrari or Lamborghini, but as far as I know (hearsay) these are just very picky and expensive. I also have no idea what has happened to Aston Martin. We had them in Race07 but i remember @Jay Ekkel saying somewhere on this forum that licensing Aston Martins has become more difficult at some point. Don't know the exact reason though.

11. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'd only be guessing, but I think it's due to the company splitting the racing division (and licensing) into a new branch, so AMR are now separate from the road car division. WMD had a big thing about that.

I'm guessing R3E have had to alter plans in these too; previous games had Astons in them and the 'licensing teaser' photo that was put out when the game was young showed the GT3 car, but little news since. Hopefully it can be resolved at some point; would love to hear what Anthony can do with that V12!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  12. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    we have the zonda V12

• Like Like x 1
  13. Madruben

Madruben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of course they works designing and developing wonderful real cars and they deserve to have profits selling them not licensing!!!
    I meant giving money to the people who really work in a Simulation Game replicating the real one.