Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von heppsan, 10. März 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.268 / 0 / -0
    Could you add the sector times to practice and qually?

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    I'll look into it. They're available but indirectly and they're not very reliable but I should be able to do something with them

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  3. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That appears to be only available on Android.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Tried that but had a lot of problems getting it to work. Couldn't get the on-screen widgets to work right at all, got the tablet working but it would crash after a few minutes too. If I could figure out how to get the widgets working then it would be perfect. I use Sin:Speed but all it shows is shift lights, RPM, speed (but not in MPH), and lap times.

6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Do you want be a race car driver? Prove it!

It would be nice if the current physics models could be modified. For example: The get real model should only allow the cockpit view (no external views) and a manual transmission (no automatic transmission).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Patrick, no, no no no. Let the player have the game they want. Don't force anything on us. Fortunately, S3 has enough sense to not do that. I hope... :rolleyes:

I had a big list of things to post as suggestions, but a few days of being led astray into Project CARS has made me forget them all. I'll grow tired of constant bad weather in a while and come back home, but I'm in love with GT4 right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1.307 / 0 / -0
    Meh, you think you're tired of it... you should try working with the rubbish it spits out into its memory mapped file :(

I thought R3E's shared data was a bit ropey till I started working with PCars

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I ve also gotten hands on Pcars lately and I have to agree about GT4 cars.Weird that no one has asked for them to be included in R3E..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Off topic, I know, but PCARS GT4 field again highlights why a "choose your opponents" tool would be great, in either R3E or PCARS. I can't get properly immersed in that class due to someone's idiotic idea to include a hydrogen-powered 4-door Aston Martin in the class and there's no way to remove it. Utter lunacy. I feel similarly, although not as strongly, about the GT2 BMW in the GT3 class, despite there being a Z4 there already... I also wouldn't want DLC that means I'd have a 2014 and 2011 Audi R18 in the same class, but I know I'm picky.

There's not quite the same issue in R3E, although Group 5 racing Corvettes against silhouette Skylines is nearly as bad, but I would dearly love a tool to just customise grids to cars/skins of my choosing.

Ooh look, I think I brought it back on topic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 22. September 2015
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    A little thing that would definitely help me would be the option to set individual components of setups to default and not just the whole thing. Not being an engineer I find it sodding annoying having to count all the way up or down so I know where I am, that or highlight the default setting!
    Oh and while you're at it S3 how about beefing it all up a bit with caster etc etc etc, even a numpty like me is finding myself limited in what I can do!
    Please!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    What I would like to see is a possibiliy to launch the leaderboard for a given car/track-combo from within the session-screen e.g. i am in practice-mode at Sonoma with the DTM92 Audi.
    And some basic in-game telemetry (maybe car is buttom-out, over/underdamping)

13. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I was going to start a thread about that subject. Thanks! I want to be able to watch my replay from overhead to improve my entry and exit through some of the corners. I just can't make sense of the apex on some of the tracks. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 2
  14. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    VR Headset ON
    What about the possibility of starting a Practice Session/Single Race event standing out of the car.
    You walk around your garage, you can check/have a look at your car from the outside, you can have a walk in the pitlane... heck you may even go hiking on the track itself! :D

Then when ready you go to your car, open the door, sit down (*starts animation*) and you're good to go! More immersion? More cheesy? What you think?

It'd be cool to implement this even in a MP session but suddenly I've visions of 12 drivers out of their cars jumping up and down on the straight and being trampled by 360kph zipping cars followed by these notification on my HUD

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.268 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if you have any plans of implementing different and random weather options in the future?
    I hope so, but imagine this would be quite far away.

But I have noticed that there actually are a little fog when driving in sunrise.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How about adding a light weather version for now in the wait for the rain and working wipers. :)
    You could start of with just a couple of settings.
    Clear weather
    Overcast
    And Fog, where you enhance this fog effect you already have?

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    An Idea came up, just as I read a Post about competitions.

How about adding SP-Races to Competitions, to add some appealing in the F2P-Model and so showing a Strength of R3E?
    Just as an example: Short 10-Minute-Races with Full Grid of AI-Cars. No Quali, no Practise. Starting-Position always last. AI-Strenght maybe 95% depending on the Mode you play (Novice, Amateur, Get-Real).
    Leaderboard could be sorted by best Position followed by fastest Lap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    like that (and suggested similar in the past, with making SP racing a paid game sort of), imo leaderboard should be ordered by distance traveled (ideally somehow penalties for collisions, but hard to solve that)

18. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Many people have found it frustrating when they lose their gearbox half way through a race so perhaps a system to notify when a gear box is damaged like a flash on the red damage box things would be enough.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    I don´t know if it´s already mentioned in this thread but I would really like to have a outlap after the race.
    Like after you cross the finish line in the last lap you have to drive a lap into the pits.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not only that... I would like to have a warmup-Lap without any rules and restrictions (ok, maybe something like a 2min-limit -track dependend for sure)... maybe the last meters in starting-grid could be done by AI so that the driver finds its starting-position. The cars that haven't arrived after that time-limit could be beamed to starting-grid, so that the drivers other didn't have to wait to long.
    Could be interessing because, warming up tires and brakes could became important.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1